1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I wasn't a fan to be honest, I always found Penny Rimbaud (bumped into him a couple of years back), pretentious and rather self-obsessed, but I had friends who liked them. I didn't mind The Poison Girls :D
    Good man :) Thanks :thumbsup:

2. Copperberry

Copperberry

Apr 5, 2018
    Buzz it sure has been a pleasure watching your 43 evolve.

That knife really does scream to be used. I’ve enjoyed reading your musings about it on the other thread!

Well I spent a good hour last night trying to catch up on everything here while I was away. I’m not going to try to comment on everything that caught my eye because I don’t think any of us have time for that. Suffice to say that it’s an honor to belong to a community with so much beautiful cutlery.

I came back from Texas to find three new knives (which I’ll be showing over the next few days) and, thankfully, springtime here in northern Idaho.

We’re saving the best for first, my new Lick Creek Boy’s Knife dressed up in ebony.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Cutfinger, Chief, TFBraden and 17 others like this.
  3. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    C2E1F0BC-F474-4930-8E4A-5E6B08624E79.jpeg

TFBraden, Ironbut, Dschal and 21 others like this.
  4. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    A nice pair of Black Beauties!

But you forgot something!
    Fishing report!

Hope your filet knife got a workout.

5. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    4B6055CE-7FD7-4BD7-99C1-BDC03B3ECB69.jpeg

Fodderwing, TFBraden, Dschal and 17 others like this.
  6. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

7. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Happy Monday, folks. Lots to catch up on around here, it would seem.

This one continues to remain in one of my pockets.

[​IMG]

8. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

You don't want to know how many times the wind knocked this little fellow down.. At least the picture turned out well.

JTB_5, Dschal, paulhilborn and 13 others like this.
  9. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    An I*XL today...
    [​IMG]

10. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I wish that I had a more fulsome report, Jeff. The weather was gorgeous and we were running 12 rods. The sonar showed lots of fish holding down deep (30-50 feet). However, a cold front had passed through overnight and the fish stayed low, the bite just shut down. No one, charter boats or private guys like us, caught anything all weekend. Marine radio chatter was glum or grumpy. The internet fishing reports were like death notices - solemn and short. My Vic Electrician got a work-out trimming cigars and that was it. Maybe next week!
    - Stuart

11. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    There are so many gorgeous knives that have been posted the last day or so! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love the scenery, Gev! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gev! I'm on a Case kick for awhile; I have so many of them I decided to carry a few.

Great knives, Buzz! That Northfield will look even better once you get it "worked in."

More great photos, Gev! Some beautiful country, enhanced by your Continental. :thumbsup:

Today's knife is a Standard natural bone Senator that Case calls an Eisenhower.

[​IMG]

12. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I've always gotta give my latest acquisition at least a week.
    [​IMG]

13. kfalk

kfalk

Mar 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

flatblackcapo, btb01, Dschal and 14 others like this.
  14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you for the fine compliments !!! I look forward to seeing all your Cases of Case!!! Love the Eisenhower

cigarrodog and RDaneel like this.
  15. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thanks, Gev. They're in boxes, mostly in a drawer(s). I think they reproduce in there!

cigarrodog and Gevonovich like this.
  16. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    This two blade Mardi Gras arrived today (thanks Logan):thumbsup: so I sharpened it and dropped it in my pocket:)
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, L.H.S, Ratbert and 13 others like this.
  17. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
  18. Markesharp

Markesharp

Mar 8, 2014
    Paul, nice knife! The scales look good enough to eat. :D

19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This USA made Uncle Henry arrived in the mail today and went out for a little elk scouting adventure with me and my daughter. Even put it to use slicing up a little food.

20. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    WHAT? You don't like Crass?!!! ;) That's a bummer about Penny acting pretentious. I can see how that can be off putting. I am pretty sure I have a Poison Girls lp around here, I'll see if I can find it.

[​IMG]