What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Testing out the bottle opener tonight:D but will be in my pocket tomorrow :thumbsup:
weF3ngA.jpg

For Tuesday, I'm totin' two that I haven't toted before: an Edward Weck & Sons sleeveboard pen (1892-1943) and a Robeson SHUREDGE Pocket Eze dogleg jack (1922-1946). The Pocket Eze gets its moniker from the fully sunken joints (Weck's are semi-sunk).

9yJVCwR.jpg

Gge4EQ3.jpg

K5oGvgG.jpg

- Stuart

The Robeson is everything we look for in a classic traditional knife.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Fodderwing Fodderwing and Gevonovich Gevonovich , thanks, guys. As I've mentioned previously, I received my stepfather's collection of knives after he passed. He had spent a good bit of time researching and gathering, prior to the internet, I'll add. Each day, I dig a little deeper into what he collected, find something interesting to carry/look at, quickly try to get information on it (he left the regular knife books, but no notes), take some pictures, and post them. This thread is daunting, but I am very lucky to have the knives he left and to be here. Again, thanks, for the guidance and support.
- Stuart

Last edited:
For Tuesday, I'm totin' two that I haven't toted before: an Edward Weck & Sons sleeveboard pen (1892-1943) and a Robeson SHUREDGE Pocket Eze dogleg jack (1922-1946). The Pocket Eze gets its moniker from the fully sunken joints (Weck's are semi-sunk).

9yJVCwR.jpg

Gge4EQ3.jpg

K5oGvgG.jpg

- Stuart

Fabulous pair of 'oldsters' that bone:)

I could think of a certain contemporary manufacturer who could and should put their 14 pattern out as a Sleeveboard and why not chance their arm at tip-bolsters too? What a Forum Knife option that would make :) But uh uh, they stick in the mud with that one at least:rolleyes:

Regards, Will

Jack Black Jack Black . Jack just thought I'd tell you about a programme this morning on BBC Radio 4 at 11.00hrs.
"A River of Steel" about the Sheffield steel industry. I'm sure you know more about it than the programme makers but it may be of mild interest. I guess it'll be on iplayer.

Thanks for the info my friend, I'll try and find that :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! Nice looking carry today yourself.

Cheers Gary :) :thumbsup:

Magnificent Soup Bone!!!!

Thanks a lot Lance :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I was conflicted on the dates. That date is from Levine; Goins says 1953. Needham, Veall & Tyzack are still rolling at the Eyewitness Works, Milton Street, Shefield, according to Goins. Any info that you might have about Needham Bros. and my knife would be appreciated

The confusion may partly be due to the fact that there were at least two Needham Brothers firms, a Charles Needham, Robert M Needham, William Needham, and Thomas Needham of Needham, Veall & Tyzack. The Needham of Hill Street was William Needham (1853-1915), originally a maker of silver fruit knives, working in Jessop Street from around 1881, and in Eyre Street from 1911. After William's death, the business continued under his son, William Henry Needham (1877-1963). At the end of the 1930's the firm moved to Portland Work (the factory of R.F. Moseley, where Harry Brearley made the world's first stainless steel knives in 1913 - and where Jack Black Knives was based 100 years later ;) ) in Hill Street. William Henry died in 1963, but the firm was still listed in the 1970's, possibly run by William Henry's son, William Edwin Needham (1903-1971).

I could think of a certain contemporary manufacturer who could and should put their 14 pattern out as a Sleeveboard and why not chance their arm at tip-bolsters too? What a Forum Knife option that would make :) But uh uh, they stick in the mud with that one at least:rolleyes:

I hear you on that Will ;) :thumbsup:

Slipping these two in my pocket today :) :thumbsup:

AWSFO 40-4.JPG

Unicorn Ivory 25 3-9.JPG

I've got my brand new 'Build Out' Buck 110 that came in the mail on this past Monday thanks to a good trade with D-RIG. She is on my belt and I'm ready to fly.. C Ya.

Fodderwing Fodderwing and Gevonovich Gevonovich , thanks, guys. As I've mentioned previously, I received my stepfather's collection of knives after he passed. He had spent a good bit of time researching and gathering, prior to the internet, I'll add. Each day, I dig a little deeper into what he collected, find something interesting to carry/look at, quickly try to get information on it (he left the regular knife books, but no notes), take some pictures, and post them. This thread is daunting, but I am very lucky to have the knives he left and to be here. Again, thanks, for the guidance and support.
- Stuart
A knife collectors dream, Stuart ! His heart is content and smiling :)

Back