What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My two Son's and I are headed to St Paul tonight for my step dads funeral tomorrow. A 600 mile round trip to pay respects to a good man and to be by Mom's side. Bob Seger's "Roll me away" on the cars stereo with a flood of memories in my head. Music can transport you like nothing else can:thumbsup: to be with my boys is a special thing as we say goodbye tomorrow. RIP Warren, I will have a cigar in your honor as it was you that educated me on a good smoke:thumbsup:

A Eureka jack today and my most memorable knife tomorrow, my ebony TC. To all my friends here on the porch, have a good weekend:thumbsup:
xZAMen.jpg

Praying for you and your family and a safe trip Paul

Nice!

While you're poking through the woods, with your eyes on the ground, do you ever find any dropped antlers?
I realize it's a bit late, and any still out there have likely been ruined by rodents, but you never know.

I do find them quite often. I come across a lot of complete skull and antlers as well. Just found one a few days ago that the horns were pretty well chewed up. I think the skull ones are likely wounded ones in gun season that got away. I give the good ones to my daughter and she makes arts and crafts stuff out of them.

My two Son's and I are headed to St Paul tonight for my step dads funeral tomorrow. A 600 mile round trip to pay respects to a good man and to be by Mom's side. Bob Seger's "Roll me away" on the cars stereo with a flood of memories in my head. Music can transport you like nothing else can:thumbsup: to be with my boys is a special thing as we say goodbye tomorrow. RIP Warren, I will have a cigar in your honor as it was you that educated me on a good smoke:thumbsup:

A Eureka jack today and my most memorable knife tomorrow, my ebony TC. To all my friends here on the porch, have a good weekend:thumbsup:
xZAMen.jpg
Sorry for your loss Paul! My thoughts will be with you during this difficult time. It sounds like you'll be in good company with both, your sons and your ebony TC. -Lance

xZAMen.jpg

I’m sorry to hear about your loss and saying a prayer for you and your family. A long trip at a time like this is good for reflection and memories. Be safe.

xZAMen.jpg
Very sorry for your the loss of your Step-Father my friend . It sounds like he may have been a good friend to you also . Enjoy the time you will have with your boys and have a safe trip .

Harry

I was just playin' with photo shop, it's ok. Believe me there'd be tear stains on the keyboard if I broke my blade. I've only ever broke one blade in my life and that was trying to bend a bent blade back to true.

Sorry if I gave anyone a scare but Photoshop can be fun. ;) Happy Belated April Fools day. ;)
I'm glad I was reading the thread backwards today or you would of got me too!

Thanks, Duckdog! I'm the one in good company. Those Boker Whittlers in thuya wood are pretty nice, but be careful. I let mine get wet a few years ago. It was early April, I believe.
View attachment 907771

I knew it! :p
Quick, put it in the ground, it might sprout a whittler tree! :D

xZAMen.jpg
Smoke and prayers for you and your family, Paul .

Took Betty for a tote.
41281266465_a843d19e53_h.jpg

Paul, my friend...so sorry for your and your family's loss. Be safe on your travels and reflect on the great times you shared.

Peter

xZAMen.jpg

God bless you and yours, Paul. My stepfather passed in 2012 and it was his gift of knives to me that brought me here. My parents split when I was young, but I was lucky to be be close to both him and my father, who passed last August. They both served in Korea and became friends, which taught me a lot. We'll bury my dad at Arlington National Cemetery this July (he was Airborne Infantry in WWII, Korea, and Special Forces in Vietnam). This is special for you, more so, I hope, for your sons. It's very fitting that y'all can be there together.
- Stuart

Great little knife! I like that the pen opens from the same side as the main. Very nice. :)
How big is it David?

Michael
The closed knife is about 3.25", clip point blade is near 2.5", and the pen blade is under 2", with the weight of the knife at around 1.6oz. So, I'd say it's on the small size for a pocket knife, but with just enough weight to remind you it's in your pocket. ;)

Back