What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My two Son's and I are headed to St Paul tonight for my step dads funeral tomorrow. A 600 mile round trip to pay respects to a good man and to be by Mom's side. Bob Seger's "Roll me away" on the cars stereo with a flood of memories in my head. Music can transport you like nothing else can:thumbsup: to be with my boys is a special thing as we say goodbye tomorrow. RIP Warren, I will have a cigar in your honor as it was you that educated me on a good smoke:thumbsup:

A Eureka jack today and my most memorable knife tomorrow, my ebony TC. To all my friends here on the porch, have a good weekend:thumbsup:
xZAMen.jpg
Very sorry for your loss.

John

Terrific timbered twosome, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, GT! A treat, as usual, to see your Spanish knives, the stag is terrific.

Had 3 with me today.
One in each pocket and one in the backpack. Found plenty of mushrooms so they all took turns on some stem cutting.
OOqKhUX.jpg

ehQfK6x.jpg

Duyh8ni.jpg

MQykcyU.jpg

These are terrific pictures! I have been so busy with my move the last couple of months that I have not had the opportunity to go out mushroom hunting yet, it is one of my favorite pastimes.

My two Son's and I are headed to St Paul tonight for my step dads funeral tomorrow. A 600 mile round trip to pay respects to a good man and to be by Mom's side. Bob Seger's "Roll me away" on the cars stereo with a flood of memories in my head. Music can transport you like nothing else can:thumbsup: to be with my boys is a special thing as we say goodbye tomorrow. RIP Warren, I will have a cigar in your honor as it was you that educated me on a good smoke:thumbsup:

A Eureka jack today and my most memorable knife tomorrow, my ebony TC. To all my friends here on the porch, have a good weekend:thumbsup:
xZAMen.jpg

My condolences to you and your family, Paul. I hope you have safe travels and that you and your boys can experience fond memories of your departed loved one.

I have these two today. Should come in handy after work with my growing list of projects....

L3oMXUi.jpg

I am sure you know my penchant for red by now so you likely will not be surprised to read that I am drawn to your Boker here. A very fine knife, clad in the very best of red.

I am carrying these two today.

jocCxn7.jpg
Striking black/red pairing, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for noting my red Böker. :) I'm quite enchanted with the jigging as well as the color!

Old ‘33-‘41 Russell barlow...

Qnr3pA1.jpg
Always admire your aged Barlows, Wayne! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A New Day TC Barlow on the hike today (completely forgot I had it with me until I got home!).

The green and the spey make my New Day, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks GT, it is definitely a keeper. What is that little stone figuring in your top picture? Your Toledo knife reminds me of my custom Spring Heeled Jack with the view of Toledo painting scales.
Joshua, that's a little "bear totem" of which my wife has several in various sizes and materials. Thanks for comparing my knife to your impressive custom!! ;)

Thanks GT, you are spot on 57 Geppetto whittler
Thanks for the confirmation, P&G. :thumbsup:

I fell for it completely, Ted!! :eek::rolleyes: (Although I wondered what the heck you were trying to do to cause that disaster!! :D)

You doth protest too much, my friend. You are my glue here.
Once you carry (and use) one, you are hooked. They are the "shape of the pocket".
My heart is running rapids with that captivating canoe. I, and I am unanimous in this, really cant to that canoe.
- Stuart
Thanks for the supportive (and clever ;)) comments, Stuart. :)

In my best Austrailian accent -

"That's not a knife. This is a knife"

View attachment 907765
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Thanks, Duckdog! I'm the one in good company. Those Boker Whittlers in thuya wood are pretty nice, but be careful. I let mine get wet a few years ago. It was early April, I believe.
View attachment 907771
I remembered your Böker with thuya wood covers, but I'd forgotten that it had sprouted! :D

xZAMen.jpg
Sincere sympathies to you and your family for your loss, Paul.

Took Betty for a tote.
41281266465_a843d19e53_h.jpg
I'll insert my obligatory "Bam-ba-Lamb"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Totin these two today! :) Have a great weekend everyone! :D

41904994572_a0b0bfb205_b_d.jpg
Charismatic couple of knives, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is the one on the left a recent Black Box Winchester tinted red by the rising sun??

Rough rider peanut for me today :)

nXXSmRP.jpg
Cool pic! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is your peanut a single-blade model??

For this frivolous Friday, I'm totin' this fancy fellow. A Camillus 65 stockman from 1960-1976.

FlAY6P1.jpg

d2ZqoyV.jpg

Have a great weekend, folks. Be safe.
- Stuart
I like that stockman a lot, Stuart; rounded bolsters, sunk joints, low-riding sheepsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Celluloid covers? Special name for the design on the handles? Medium or large?

Thank you, GT! A treat, as usual, to see your Spanish knives, the stag is terrific.
I have these two today. Should come in handy after work with my growing list of projects....

L3oMXUi.jpg
Thanks, Dylan, for the Spanish stag support. :) Quite a notable pair of ebony equal-enders you're toting! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What model is the big one?

Canoe of the Week for me is this Rough Rider Diamond Jim smooth black bone model. The dye didn't take very well on the mark side, but I kind of like the weird result. :rolleyes:
tqIatF7.jpg

ws4Rrsx.jpg

Peanutish Knife of the Week is a RR half-whittler, also with unmatched covers, but a knife I really like nonetheless:
YOhozpe.jpg

BwEiqfG.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Sabre Grandaddy Barlow:
8F8JMpP.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Frost Cutlery Flying Falcon that usually has "desk duty" at work:
yCMPBzP.jpg

- GT

The green and the spey make my New Day, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Canoe of the Week for me is this Rough Rider Diamond Jim smooth black bone model. The dye didn't take very well on the mark side, but I kind of like the weird result. :rolleyes:
tqIatF7.jpg

ws4Rrsx.jpg

Peanutish Knife of the Week is a RR half-whittler, also with unmatched covers, but a knife I really like nonetheless:
YOhozpe.jpg

BwEiqfG.jpg

- GT

Thanks, GT. Your Rough Riders are riveting.

like that stockman a lot, Stuart; rounded bolsters, sunk joints, low-riding sheepsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Celluloid covers? Special name for the design on the handles? Medium or large?

Thanks, GT. The design is called molasses & butter, and it certainly looks tasty. The knife is from 1960-1976, and I'm not sure if Camillus was still using the old-style celluloid then. The only way to test for the bad celluloid is burning a piece (it is very combustible) or looking for rust in the metal or shrinkage of the covers. I don't have any of that (yet). The knife is 3 3/8". I like your cadre of carries today, especially the Sabre. I have an affection for them. Kudos.
- Stuart

Back