What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I must say, I am looking forward to seeing what cool old sowbelly you dig out.

Thanks, youzzz twozz. It still feels really weird having a knife that I haven't cut anything with yet. :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Today it was the TC
42834218220_0349f4a176_h.jpg
I used to really be into ww2 armor mostly U.S. models, actually won a handful of awards, anyways I took it upon myself to see if I could guess the model under that great knife, based on what I could see without zooming in on the sprue sheet;) I'm using my phone so screen is small, based on the round headlights and oval windows I started my search, 50's Vette? Nope wrong dash, same for 50s t-bird wrong dash again, that dash in the middle of the pic was going to tell me 3rd search VW beetle, bingo! lol, '54? :rolleyes: sorry I like puzzles even if I gotta make them up.

Thanks Prester John Prester John
It means allot. As of my last check its down from cat 4 to cat 2. Praying it'll weaken further. Also its turning further south of my location now, it was tracking directly across us. Looks like South Carolina may bear the brunt of the main part of it now. Flooding is going to be the most damaging thing, there are roads here that still aren't properly fixed from Mathew in Oct '16

Thanks Prester John Prester John
It means allot. As of my last check its down from cat 4 to cat 2. Praying it'll weaken further. Also its turning further south of my location now, it was tracking directly across us. Looks like South Carolina may bear the brunt of the main part of it now. Flooding is going to be the most damaging thing, there are roads here that still aren't properly fixed from Mathew in Oct '16
I know what you mean. We just dodged Harvey last year. Sustained some damage, but Rockport (about 30 miles north) got the brunt. Lived through Celia in 1970 and Allen in 1980. Hope you got lots of water and batteries.

Yeah and I set out 8 20 gal tubs and several 5 gal buckets between 2 outbuildings with a paver in the bottom to hold them until the rain fills them. both roofs channel into a space between the buildings about 4 feet across, plus if the bosses swimming pool holds up, plenty there for flushing and washing water. Push come to shove I can jury rig a well they got to the generator to get clean water. Thanks everyone for the prayers:thumbsup::)

11vtcw3.jpg

These 3 with me as we're getting ready for the hurricane, dang didn't know when I picked Rough Riders for this week what a rough ride this week was going to be:eek:,

Y’all be safe. Even though it may not be as strong, it’s slowed down. So longer hours at a lower wind is still a lot of damage. Stay on high ground! You’re lousiana hurricane brothers watching and waiting to see what y’all need. I know the Cajun navy is already headed that way

I usually tell something about my knives that reflect my personal taste, opinions and experiences. This knife is actually my best Otter considering f&f. I had to resharpen it, it arrived semi-sharp, but othervise it is flawless. I'm not a sailing man but the style still interests me. The blade shape is very usefull and straight edge is easy to sharpen. Handle shape is simple and comfortable to hold.

XWqIa9E.jpg

Fine friction folder, Senhor Pinto! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: How do you like an Opinel without the locking ring? I've only had #6, 7, 8 with ring.

Thanks, but the answer is simple, this knife has been in my collection for a long time and I believe it was offered!!!

I was blessed to have my friend Harry (old engineer) and his beautiful wife Nancy stop and visit today at our furniture store. They are headed west on vacation so to take the time to visit means so much to me:thumbsup: Thanks Harry and Nancy, your visit made my day:)
3qGFg7.jpg

Harry was packin heavy today and shared some amazing knives with me. Both Harry and I have discovered how nice the early Bulldog brand Barlows are. Harry had his green bone sheepfoot and when I saw it I told him I had a One armed razor in Stag do to arrive any day, well today was the day:thumbsup::cool: Thank you Lance for the heads up on the Barlow !!!
sNDRWf.jpg

QFTAE7.jpg
An unexpected visit from a friend, and a gorgeous, new, stag Barlow, that sounds like a pretty spectacular day! :thumbsup::D

IMG_4784.jpg
I'm reading through several translations of the Iliad for fun this school year. I finished the Fitzgerald this summer, and I've got this one by Rouse, and one by Lattimore and one by Rieu on the way.

Praying for those in the path of the storm. Be wise as you stay to protect your homes, or flee from the danger. We've got a bunch of folks here preparing to make their way to you with aid. Hopefully less will be needed rather than more!

It’s a Terrific Tidioute Thursday…

To my mind, this #76 Outlaw is the best two blade jack knife that GEC has made. A bit bigger than a #15 and a bit smaller than a #78, it fits perfectly in hand and pocket. The blade selection (clip/pen) is great and the blade sizes are big enough to get just about any chore done easily. Having the pulls on the same side is great for us right-handed people, and both nicks are easily accessible. The serpentine gun stock is more pocket friendly and fits my hand better than the new #44 pattern. I can’t wait to find more of them on the cheap :)

Hope everybody on The Porch has a fabulous day!

Back