What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Well it only goes to show that you just can't have too many attractive knives :D:cool:

Fine Skunk there and bravo to Barrett for the help:thumbsup: But I'm really entranced by that watch, ultra!

Thanks, Will
oh! Barrett did more than help!
The watch is a vintage Cricket, it rings mechanicaly (two springs, one for the movement, the other for the alarm, reloaded by the same button with two directions), sounds like a locust (hence the name). I wore it a lot when I was teaching, I made it ring 5 minutes before the end. On the first lessons it surprised my students who never heard of a watch with no battery and helped to get to know them.
Too soft to wake me up in the morning though! (nothing to see with some phones you're aggressed by without notice!)

TGIM! :eek: We started driving to the District after my wife got off on Thursday. We drove halfway in a torrential rain storm, finally getting to our hotel around 9:00PM. We got up Friday morning and drove the rest of the way to our location. Our daughter was moving two blocks to a new apartment. We spent all evening on Friday packing boxes. First thing on Saturday morning we picked up a 15’ Uhaul and started loading it. Finally getting everything moved into the new apartment around 8:30PM on Saturday evening. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and a hot shower before getting to bed. We got up Sunday morning and hit the road around 8:30AM. We got home at 7:30 last night. Whew! :eek: That’s rough on an old man like me! ;) Today I’m home relaxing with these two in my pockets. :D

43218093500_62d96f47a3_b_d.jpg
That’s what Dads do.:thumbsup:

I had to clean up the pic, the yellow haze was driving me crazy. Now the colors ar a lot more natural.

62kOwGD.jpg

B3FNQrU.jpg

Dontcha think? :)
I vote for the #23 Orr Felt Big Jack!
I can’t be the only one who shows those off.View attachment 996077

Trying out some different carry combos, big and small

9B747DE5-5657-4C44-99D8-18045FBEDC54_zpsvrizunr9.jpeg
Just gorgeous!
Old Crosley radio/ phonograph I found in the barn. The knife kinda follows the form of the tone arm to which the stylus was attached. You youngsters a tone arm is not a shapely lady’s arm and a stylus was not device you used on your tablet. ;).

1zHgkPN.jpg

I need one of those! I have a huge sea trunk full of vinyl with no turn table.
Styluses -styli?- are hard to find!
I hate to guess what the kids think a needle is for:eek:

Last edited:
A Camillus and a Camillus.
Couple of charismatic Camillus, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

...I'm going to be carrying these three. Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 994048

View attachment 994049
Terrific trio, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today’s mail call (thanks Alan @joeradza ). Right out of the package and into my pocket!
Congrats, Ken; that's a showstopper!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Those walnut Rogers jigged bone knives from Case were instant classics, IMHO!

Phenomenal pair, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Stainless on a damp hike....
The Vic Farmer is a fetching, functional knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I enjoyed carrying mine last week. :)

Found this yellow Boker I had misplaced a while back. It's not an expensive knife but its actually pretty darn nice. :D
View attachment 994244
That's a sunny, cheerful knife, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Sharp-looking knife in more ways than one!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

A 2014 Spear/Pen 15 with well worn red jigged bone covers:thumbsup:
NnKy3c.jpg
You're posting some jigged bone classics lately, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Jason Good LC and my John Lloyd Clamshell.
View attachment 994469
The Lloyd Clamshell is such a memorable knife, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Stag and Wood
CXB4qjB.jpg
Praiseworthy pair! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is the wood a Buck canoe and the stag a Joker?

Today, I'm totin' a small (3 1/8"), but stout Michael Tison (Florida) folder from 1978.

hAaVEh1.jpg

- Stuart
Proof positive that good things can come in small packages, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A lockback and a radio jack today, hope everyone is having a fine weekend.

That is a very photogenic pair right there, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Case Mini Copperhead and Swayback Jack
Couple of more than likable knives, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Same pond in both photos? Different days? Top shot looks summery, but there seem to be fall colors in the lower one. :cool:

Don't know what I'm looking at, but I know I like its looks! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We had about 6” of rain on labor day weekend, and exactly two weeks later, had an unbelievable hatch of ravenous bloodsuckers.
Hey, we had exactly the same phenomenon at the same time on our side of Lake Michigan. :( The morning after the onset of the onslaught, one got between my eye and glasses while I was making breakfast. I stuck my finger in there to chase it out, and when I went to brush my teeth later, I found a bruise that lasted over a week. I guess I've officially entered geezerhood where I bleed/bruise with the slightest provocation! :p
gt.blackeye.9.18.jpg

Nice selection for a full week of Rough Riders GT.
That's a capital canoe, GT, just captivating/
- Stuart
That's a looker GT, I love RR's smooth tobacco bone and acorn shield models :thumbsup:
Some very nice RR's Gary. Was wondering, has retirement had any impact on your knife rotation?
Thanks for the RR recognition, John & Stuart & Jack & Dwight. :) I'll second Jack's praise of their smooth tobacco bone. :thumbsup: Dwight, so far no impact, but I hope I'll eventually be carrying sharper knives as I have more time to improve my sharpening skills. :rolleyes:

Beauty and The Beast for me today! :D ;) :thumbsup:

The renowned Double Lambsfoot day! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm afraid I never saw that one GT, but thank you for the compliment my friend, and I hope you have a nice Sunday :) :thumbsup:
Tic-tac-toe with lower-tier celebrities occupying the nine squares. They had to correctly answer questions for players to get their X or O in a square.

Compelled to comment positively every time I see checkered bone handles!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I had a nice time out at lunch yesterday, and tipped the waitress with a Rough Rider Lady Leg knife. She loved it! Also finally managed to get a good edge on this CK Italy hawkbill congress
mKoQNYL.jpg

I'm carrying it and a big rosewood lambsfoot today.
CUm3qZc.jpg
Champion choices, @r8shell! :thumbsup::cool::cool: And a unique tip for the waitress! :cool::thumbsup::)

That Mudbug is heavy equipment, Dwight! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, GT. The Böker trapper does slice like a scalpel. Your teardrop is all that a knife needs to be and great looking to boot. Thanks for the opened view. Spear and sheepfoot, I can see why it's a favorite.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. :)

Case Mini Trapper
Nice shade of blue, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that from Case's "American Workman" series?

View attachment 995223 I've neglected this one for too long...
That's a knife that dreams are made of, Heath!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have a peaceful Sunday, folks!
Carrying my 2013 Case-Bose collaboration, Wharncliffe Trapper today.
YNHIfK9.jpg

Exquisite, Gary! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Full-size trapper?

I fixed the edge on this SBj today, ... I want to see if maybe I get a little more edge retention using this more obtuse angle without polishing the edge any further.

Hmmmmmm, one more post and I hit 3,000 total, and it is my 5 year BladeForums anniversary this year. Might be a good time for a GAW :).
Congrats on the milestones, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'm look forward to the results of your experiment on the SBJr edge. :cool::thumbsup:

Ya gotta love that German stag from the 70's. ...
30061452227_a20013a81a_h.jpg
Man, you've got some prime examples of desirable German stag, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank You, John ! :D
Congrats, Gev! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: @jc57 has the Midas touch!! ;):cool::thumbsup:

- GT

South bound on the lower miss with an empty gas barge and diesel barge

You seem to be a little gassy today, Willard. BTW, I understand the lacing of the lines on the cleats and stanchions to allow for "flex" between vessels, but what is the straight pipe/line between the two stern stanchions in the foreground?

Proof positive that good things can come in small packages, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, GT. Tidy and tight, nice and light.
- Stuart

Yes indeed a svelte and unusual carry, what I would really like to get is one of those Blackwoods in the Clerk configuration or maybe Stag....

Thanks, Will

Yes..long and lean. I think I would prefer the clerk pattern, but I'm not complaining about these jacks...I love the extended backspring on the pen blade..

I found a stag jack I couldn't resist

5Oy9nMP.jpg

RjtW51Q.jpg

Back