What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Some more pictures from my travels the past few days

The first one was taken on the same stretch of road on US-163 that Forrest Gump decided he was done running. I love that movie and HAD to take a picture :D;)

44060308_10160963439075613_7571798519875371008_n.jpg

This one is on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. First time seeing it. Talk about BIG

44086287_10160966076595613_237491586726887424_n.jpg

Took this one today. There is a place just outside of Tuba City AZ that has a bunch dinosaur tracks frozen in time. It was really cool to walk amongst them.

44321742_10160969597945613_862433487485927424_n.jpg

-Caleb

I finally found another Boker 494 Barlow not as nice as the one I had but is still in great working condition. I found another one on another form and bought it too it's in transit. I was very happy today that it found it's way into my pocket.

AlGJEdv.jpg

Just beautiful!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gevonovich Gevonovich I can stare at that coke bottle all day. What a sexy knife.

Thanks a lot Nick, great to see that Camillus Rope Knife again, one of my favourite patterns :) :thumbsup:
Thank you! I wasn’t a fan of rope knives before but they grew on me. They don’t have the nice curves like some patterns do, and almost have a stiff awkward profile to it but something about the simplicity of its straight lines got me. It’s just a basic simple hardworking knife that can handle a tough life. Does that make any sense??o_O

Thanks, Nick. :) It's basically an Alox Solo, except I think it's now called the Swiss Army 1. :rolleyes: My colleagues at work gave me an Amazon gift card, and I used some of it to get the knife with the personalized blade etch. :cool::) Your rope knife is historic! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Those are antique aces, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks GT for the compliments and the info on the Alox. My first knife I’ve ever owned which was given to me by my father gave me was a Victorinox. I might have to add the Alox solo to my list of “to buy knives”. :) The bone on your RR canoe is gorgeous btw!

@SteveC Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund
Great old Camillus and Voos jacks guys!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Work in progress, I have molded the sheath for the Buck 500. Next I will make a "bail" or loop and sew it to the seam side. The result will be a sheath suspended with a cord from the belt tab or belt in the pocket to take out the weight of the knife. I have used a sheath like that for years with other knives, it really makes carrying traditional knives without clip much easier and does not draw any attention. It could be for keys or wallet just as well.

6Uez68k.jpg

533hnbv.jpg

Fantastic knife, fantastic photo! You exceed yourself, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Thank you Dean, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

Jack & Dwight, each of you has an advantageous pair made up of old timer (Dwight literally so ;)) and newcomer (chosen by Ashley in each case)! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks GT :) :thumbsup:

Great to see the artistic horn again, and the message on the penknife made me chuckle! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) My regulars make me smile, too, and since they're with me all the time, people are starting to think there's something wrong with the geezer with the perpetual goofy grin! :rolleyes::(:p

Thanks again my friend, keep on smiling :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Dwight :thumbsup:

I finally found another Boker 494 Barlow not as nice as the one I had but is still in great working condition. I found another one on another form and bought it too it's in transit. I was very happy today that it found it's way into my pocket.

AlGJEdv.jpg

Congratulations Randy, those Boker Barlows look great :thumbsup:

Thank you! I wasn’t a fan of rope knives before but they grew on me. They don’t have the nice curves like some patterns do, and almost have a stiff awkward profile to it but something about the simplicity of its straight lines got me. It’s just a basic simple hardworking knife that can handle a tough life. Does that make any sense??o_O

It makes perfect sense I think Nick, it's the same for me :) :thumbsup:

Carrying some rosewood today, and some MOP :) Lambsfoot by A.Wright, Penknife by W. Green :thumbsup:

h9y4MbM.jpg

o87V6SS.jpg

Back