What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It's a drizzly afternoon, but I'm warm indoors at work with my 2016 14.

JqiCN5U.jpg

Went up in the mountains today looking for a black tail buck for my buddies son. Never saw a single deer but still had a great day.

You won’t see them but 354 yards past the Victorinox Hunter is a Chocolate colored sow with two black cubs. A great experience today...

3-C670-F9-D-1905-4-AC1-A594-2-ACDFEFBEBB8.jpg

Some clouds starting to move in around Mt St Helens

D5-B194-C0-20-AB-4-EB5-837-F-37255-F9796-D2.jpg

A little view of Mt Rainier too. We could see Mt Adams and Mt Baker too but never took any photos.

1-A52-C4-CA-B98-D-4-FC2-A7-D2-61-D5-BF7-F248-C.jpg

Last edited:
... And what have I needed to cut today so far? Nothing, nada, zip, zilch :).

That pair (especially the ebony BSK) rules, Tom! :cool::thumbsup: Semper Paratus whether you need to cut or not!

I'm carrying the full set of re-covers today. :)
cR3ajr0.jpg
That trio "re-covered" remarkably, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool:

I had sold my yellow Ka-Bar Dogs Head Barlow and just recently found another ...
ovdApRz.jpg
Congrats on your different recovery, too, Randy! :cool::thumbsup:

I like all those knives, Gary, but your two canoes (plain and fancy) are eye-catching excellence. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Today I'm totin' my slimline trapper.
Thanks, Dean. :) That slimline trapper reveals your good taste! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT! I like the variety of this group very much, PACKED with utility :thumbsup:
Thanks, Tom. :) Carrying 12 knives reassures me I'll have versatility! :p:thumbsup:

Thank you for the very kind remarks my friend . To answer your questions : ...
Harry
Thanks for the interesting info, Harry. :) Your stag reigns! :cool::thumbsup:

In case no one gets the bucket of experience reference. It's a motorcycle thing but fits the ill natured cobras as well. When you start out, you have a full bucket of luck and an empty bucket of experience. The object is to fill the bucket of experience before the bucket of luck runs out. Kinda goes for life in general.
Redistributing the two buckets is a cool idea! :cool::)

Rave reviews for that redbone copperhead from my high school days, Leslie!! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT. I really am having a craving for an Okapi after seeing yours and others and that old Alox is sweet.
Thanks, Dwight. :) Finding that old cross Pioneer is one of my most rewarding knife moments. :cool:

They're ba_ack.
OPXLdFP.jpg

pQgna3L.jpg

Schizoid Jack.
And just to further justify the plural,
uGrYTr6.jpg

Well, not just to justify the plural. Just because.
Jer, the red knife rocks, the blue knife rolls, and the black knife represents! :cool::thumbsup: Those two knives are a refreshing trio! ;)

Just carried these to the wedding practice for a Grandson .

Harry
Your gunstock pair really rehearses, Harry! ;):thumbsup:

At work, with my ever present Buck 112. View attachment 1010177
Lance, your drop point 112 is quite the Ranger! :cool::cool:

Thank you my friend. The second pic is a type of lobster sitting on a type of fungi! :eek:

Handsome copperhead.

Beautiful color.

I love the legume and that is a peanut prince. :cool:
Thanks for the lobster info, and for recognizing my knives, Dwight! :)

Thanks for the comlpiment, Gary! Actually, I'm not a cat guy or Dodger fan either.

We have three dogs and a cat. Two of the dogs are primarily my wife's, but my trusty chihuahua, Mini, is sitting next to me now watching the World Series. My daughter claims sole ownership of the cat, but I love her. Feeding her, petting her, and scooping her litter box while my wife and daughter are gone camping.

My team (Yankees) is out of the playoffs, but I love the game. I always pick a team to root for, especially in the World Series. And though I know the Yankees and Dodgers are historical rivals (they've met in the WS more than any other teams (Bronx Bombers 8, Bums 3), I gotta pull for any team battling the Evil Empire (Red Sox)!
Thanks. I meant to compliment you on your baseball post yesterday. I'm in the same boat. All we can do is appreciate the game. I can't root for the Dodgers or the Red Sox. We can steal the old Dodgers refrain, "wait till next year."
I resemble your remarks, PJohn and Alan. ;) I'm actually rooting for Red Sox only because of former Tigers on their roster (Porcello & Martinez, and Price to some extent).

Unfortunately, we share the same brand if idiocy... I was looking for another knife when I turned that one up... I hadn't looked at it in months, which just shoes the ridiculous abundance of knives I have, if I can leave that one sitting long enough to get dusty.
We need some Wrangler Remembrance Retraining, Heath! :p:D

5K Qs 5K Qs
That Churchill quote literally made me laugh out loud. THAT was a masterful counter strike. I know you've mentioned it before, and I'll agree, that red and blue combo is really nice.:thumbsup:
Thanks, David, I liked that quote, too! :)

Thanks GT, you're carrying some great knives yourself too this / every week :) The mini copperhead looks like a capable small knife with a great blade selection.
Thanks for the affirmation, Mark. :)

Nice peanut on a beautiful old sheath!
Thanks, Jeff. :) That "old sheath" is one of two that I re-purposed from an old baseball glove of mine; the one with the peanut is part of the wrist strap from from the glove.

Camillus, Case, and boots all show some resolve! :cool::cool:

This one will grow old with me...
Your Scout is radiant, John! :thumbsup::cool: (What's your other knife you'll never rid yourself of?)

RR Tear Drop Jack Buckshot Bone
View attachment 1010437
Dave, your Buckshot Bone teardrop ricochets! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a very similar knife, but from when Colt made them with two blades.
mYtti68.jpg

Thanks GT! Cool coral of Case you have selected for the week :cool: :thumbsup:

I am the original owner of the TC, but rarely carry it, not exactly sure why :confused:. Probably because it is my only one. I have another single blade from the most recent run (I think), but at present am unable to pinpoint its exact location. I refuse to think of it as “lost” :).

My plans for today are decidedly suburban, but I am carrying a plow and a farmer.

Your agrarian duo rings my chimes, Tom! :thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the TC story and the Case compliment.:)

Churchill for Stagurday.
Rousing Churchills, Steve & Ken! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Gary! If it weren't for my friend, I'd not be enjoying the outdoors as much or as often. :)

I am overwhelmed by your Case Cwality Carry today!! :thumbsup::):D
Thanks, Dean. :) I'm surprised by how many Case knives I have! :confused::rolleyes:

We had a flag dedication ceremony today here at my condo community. I thought this knife apropos for the day.

Dean, you have a teardrop for every occasion! That one raises respect! :cool::thumbsup:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a GEC 72 (thanks, Dee):
pxelv55.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly:
fxJqT0t.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
That pair (especially the ebony BSK) rules, Tom! :cool::thumbsup: Temper Paratus whether you need to cut or not!

That trio "re-covered" remarkably, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on your different recovery, too, Randy! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) That slimline trapper reveals your good taste! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Tom. :) Carrying 12 knives reassures me I'll have versatility! :p:thumbsup:

Thanks for the interesting info, Harry. :) Your stag reigns! :cool::thumbsup:

Redistributing the two buckets is a cool idea! :cool::)

Rave reviews for that redbone copperhead from my high school days, Leslie!! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight. :) Finding that old cross Pioneer is one of my most rewarding knife moments. :cool:

Jer, the red knife rocks, the blue knife rolls, and the black knife represents! :cool::thumbsup: Those two knives are a refreshing trio! ;)

Your gunstock pair really rehearses, Harry! ;):thumbsup:

Lance, your drop point 112 is quite the Ranger! :cool::cool:

Thanks for the lobster info, and for recognizing my knives, Dwight! :)

I resemble your remarks, PJohn and Alan. ;) I'm actually rooting for Red Sox only because of former Tigers on their roster (Porcello & Martinez, and Price to some extent).

We need some Wrangler Remembrance Retraining, Heath! :p:D

Thanks, David, I liked that quote, too! :)

Thanks for the affirmation, Mark. :)

Thanks, Jeff. :) That "old sheath" is one of two that I re-purposed from an old baseball glove of mine; the one with the peanut is part of the wrist strap from from the glove.

Camillus, Case, and boots all show some resolve! :cool::cool:

Your Scout is radiant, John! :thumbsup::cool: (What's your other knife you'll never rid yourself of?)

Dave, your Buckshot Bone teardrop ricochets! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a very similar knife, but from when Colt made them with two blades.
mYtti68.jpg

Your agrarian duo rings my chimes, Tom! :thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the TC story and the Case compliment.:)

Rousing Churchills, Steve & Ken! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) I'm surprised by how many Case knives I have! :confused::rolleyes:

Dean, you have a teardrop for every occasion! That one raises respect! :cool::thumbsup:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a GEC 72 (thanks, Dee):
pxelv55.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly:
fxJqT0t.jpg

- GT
That 72 with the satin finished bolster is all business, Gary! Sweet knife!

Went up in the mountains today looking for a black tail buck for my buddies son. Never saw a single deer but still had a great day.

You won’t see them but 354 yards past the Victorinox Hunter is a Chocolate colored sow with two black cubs. A great experience today...

A little view of Mt Rainier too. We could see Mt Adams and Mt Baker too but never took any photos.

America the Beautiful!
I suspect your legs and lungs are in fantastic shape!

I love the big SAKs. Mine is a Wenger Ranger. Does yours have a saw as well?

Thanks, Jack. :) Jack & Ron, commendations for the compelling coal-colored couples you each carry today! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Watchpocket Knife of the Week for me is a Case mini copperhead:
gkzLoVj.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a harvest orange Tribal Lock:
View attachment 1010243

Peanut of the Week is a Case Delrin TruSharp (thanks, Cory):
YM99LV1.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT, great to see more of your carries :) :thumbsup:

This Tompkins made it into my pocket today. It was gift from Jack Black Jack Black
Xnq82H4.jpg

Nice to see that one again my friend :) :thumbsup:

This one will grow old with me...

And this later in the day:

44849252154_746979e2d4_b.jpg

Wow! You guys have really been pulling out all the stops! :eek: Beautiful knives folks :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the amazing photos :) :thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today :) Have a peaceful Sunday folks :thumbsup:

xpitIzV.jpg

kPSuK5I.jpg

America the Beautiful!
I suspect your legs and lungs are in fantastic shape!

I love the big SAKs. Mine is a Wenger Ranger. Does yours have a saw as well?

It does have the saw, quite capable when you need one. As far as my lungs and legs, when I was younger my buddy and I would look at each other and say “Marine Corps” and just take off uphill. Now we take the forest service roads in his Dodge:D:D:D I’ll go up, down or sidehill through some rugged country but yesterday was not one of those days.

Back