What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

SgIlZqZ.jpg
I noticed that there was a little gap between spring and tang. Also the blade was nodding downward just a bit. I deduced that there is the same kind of flaw that I had in my Case slimline trapper that managed to correct. So I went forward and started tinkering and you know what?

I ruined it. The C 75 in Otter is softer than the Case stainless. I took off too much material. I know expletives are forbidden on this forum, but try to imagine my feelings.

Jer, the red knife rocks, the blue knife rolls, and the black knife represents! :cool::thumbsup: Those two knives are a refreshing trio! ;)
Thank you. I've just been bisecting croissants with the black one.
I love that Utica. And the blades have matching high carbon steel!
I read something on the Utica Kutmaster site that makes me think they've abandoned the stainless for their Noyes Street made traditionals. I hope so, because then they'll stop mixing the steels in knives that are sold as one or the other. Stainless and carbon are both fine with me, but I don't like the black and bright in one knife.
In fairness, I have one recent knife that's mixed, and two that aren't.

Totin' the Cramer for the weekend.
Have a peaceful Sunday, folks!
aF0Pa2r.jpg
Wow that is a beauty!

You won’t see them but 354 yards past the Victorinox Hunter is a Chocolate colored sow with two black cubs.
Gorgeous pics and knife.

Dave, your Buckshot Bone teardrop ricochets!
Love this knife Gary.

Pulled this one out of the tube today for pictures. This is one of the few I own that I don’t use.
Stunning. No wonder.

The AGR is in my pocket. The loom-fixer will be seen more often now that jacket-pocket weather is here.
The loom-fixer is super fine Jer. Although I'm a fan of AG too.fullsizeoutput_a3f.jpeg

Your Scout is radiant, John! :thumbsup::cool: (What's your other knife you'll never rid yourself of?)

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a GEC 72 (thanks, Dee):
pxelv55.jpg

- GT
Thanks GT, the other knife I'll never part with is my GEC #76. Not only do I consider it GEC's best two blade Jack, it means a lot to me because it's the only GEC I've bought at a brick and mortar store and my two boys helped me pick it out. It's full of memories and emotional attachment.

And might I say it's fun when you show us one of your own GEC knives, and that #72 is a wonderful example. Also one of my favorite models that GEC produces.
Wow! You guys have really been pulling out all the stops! :eek: Beautiful knives folks :) :thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today :) Have a peaceful Sunday folks :thumbsup:

xpitIzV.jpg

kPSuK5I.jpg
Thanks for the kind words Jack. That Lambsfoot and Boys Knife you are carrying are almost as smartly dressed as you were at your friend's wedding.

Thanks for the kind words Jack. That Lambsfoot and Boys Knife you are carrying are almost as smartly dressed as you were at your friend's wedding.

Thank you my friend, you are very kind :) :thumbsup:

I noticed that there was a little gap between spring and tang. Also the blade was nodding downward just a bit. I deduced that there is the same kind of flaw that I had in my Case slimline trapper that managed to correct. So I went forward and started tinkering and you know what?

I ruined it. The C 75 in Otter is softer than the Case stainless. I took off too much material. I know expletives are forbidden on this forum, but try to imagine my feelings.
:( That's sad news HFinn. I hope it's still usable, or is it really ruined ruined?

I carried my new GEC 14 all last week and I think it’s probably going to stay in my pocket for a couple more days. Good solid pull on both blades and while there is a sharp edge at the swedge, it’s not bothersome. Pretty dye job on the jigged bone.
This one’s a winner!

32E15FF7-1BDA-49DC-A7A2-26C3BC0B1212.jpeg

Back