What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Fantastic pair, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that spear/pen jigged bone Barlow a new acquisition?? Superb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider smooth tobacco bone sowbelly:
ijnlrTF.jpg

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider tortoise shell:
2G8TxFA.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Case amber jigged bone model:
View attachment 1024773

- GT

Thanks GT! I am the original owner of that TC but I rarely carry it. Maybe because it is my only one, not sure, it is a great knife but one of the few I have that doesn’t see much use. The case canoe is a looker :cool:

Very nice contrastive pairing, I'm fortunate enough to have one of that particular Winchester BB and it's impressive:cool:

Regards, Will

Thanks Will, much appreciated, and agreed they are fantastic knives.

Sweet bone covers on that killer combo!

This one hasn’t left and I think it’ll be staying for a while. I just love the swedge on it.

Thanks Nick, the Schrade is a beauty :thumbsup:

My Dad turns 85 today. I’ve tried and tried to upgrade his carry tastes, but he is simply satisfied with his Vic Classics.

I have a little Remy jack and a little Camillus pen, I’d love to give him, but he’s not budging.

Which reminds me that I’m thankful to still have all four of our parents with us!
We do have much to be thankful for. Dad is 88 years old, and has never been a knife guy, but he showed me that he is carrying the Old Timer and seemed proud to tell me he'd actually used it the other day to open the seal on a bottle. :)
qXb4mjY.jpg

That's a coincidence, I went to the cinema this evening, and swapped out my earlier carry for the Old Timer Peanut you generously gifted me a while back :) Nice Thanksgiving line-up Rachel :thumbsup:

uq9bsyB.jpg
Thanks, Jack. Nice of you to take it to the cinema from time to time. :cool:

Turkey day carry;

Old red Case 6208. That's now a single blade friction folder. A rescue I did last year. Was a rusty mess in a bent frame that cleaned up well. the spring and other blade unsalvagable. No walk or talk, but she Cuts!

2018-11-23-02-42-33.jpg

Wasn't carried, but honorable mention goes to my big Queen guard less swing guard, it was out on the table for snack cutting duty all day.

2018-11-23-02-42-10.jpg

I'm grateful you shared such a classic pair with us, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry
I'm thankful you showed us that stunning stag pair, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

q6cuBUx.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm indebted to you, r8shell r8shell , for displaying that quality quartet for the holiday! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm much obliged, Steve, that you posted that boffo Barlow for us to admire! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I've had a very Not Good 2018. My professional life has been up in the air, and my personal life has been shattered to pieces. Today, I am carrying knives that represent hope, determination, and friendship.

My daughter's Peanut represents hope for the future. My father's Klein represents determination. The BFTC and Lakota Teal represent the words of wisdom, encouragement, and support from my good friends here that have helped me immensely. The BFTC is from Randy, @r redden, and the Teal is from Alan, joeradza joeradza . These two incredible people will never understand their impact on my life these past 6-12 months. I'm thankful for y'all.

20181122-114408-2.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Shawn, I appreciate your willingness to share a little about your discouraging situation with us here, and I admire your selection of knives to represent positive traits that hopefully can lead to a much better year ahead! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Blessings on Alan & Randy for helping you cope! :cool::thumbsup:

I'm beholden to all the banana bread bakers I know! Beautiful bunch of banana bone, Del! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

lzUDeuy.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, or as my godson refers to this holiday: “Chicken Halloween” :)
That light/dark pair elicits gratitude, Tom, and "Chicken Halloween" elicits grins! :D:thumbsup::cool::cool:

Case SS Sowbelly
Case CV Backpocket
Your Case pair is something to be thankful for, ED! :thumbsup::cool: What does Case call the cover material? (Or is it just standard yellow delrin in dim light?)

Nice catch on the Lion/Lamb allusion Gary! I hadn't even thought about that. Your tortoise shell doesn't reflect the rabbit-like reflexes of your wit.
Much obliged for the compliment, Joshua. :) (The older I get, the more I appreciate the old spiritual "Peace in the Valley".)

You look good and grateful in green, Mr. Grinch! :D:thumbsup::p

A 65-69 Case red bone Trapper for the day:thumbsup:
Paul, Congratulations! I think you won, 2018 Thanksgiving, Best in Show! That’s a beauty!
Lance, I'm in your debt for your articulate description of Paul's terrific trapper! ;):thumbsup::cool:
Paul, seeing a knife like that makes me wish I had known in high school (1965-69) what I know now about folders and had picked up a bunch of fine Case red bones instead of squandering my cash! :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs Ha ha! Not very much escapes your eagle eye;) merely 4 GOt about the DP, I certainly enthuse, yet one could argue that it's a kind of unformed Spear :D and since you're an adherent to the Spear cult-like me-you'll agree....:)

Thanks, Will
Both of my "eagle eyes" are due for cataract surgery in January, Will, so I'm beholden to you for praising my eyesight! o_O:D
I do agree with you that the drop point is a fine blade; as of today, I'd probably rank blade shapes spear/pen - drop point - spey - lambsfoot - slender clip - sheepsfoot - wharcliffe - "chunky" clip, etc.

My Dad turns 85 today. I’ve tried and tried to upgrade his carry tastes, but he is simply satisfied with his Vic Classics.

I have a little Remy jack and a little Camillus pen, I’d love to give him, but he’s not budging.

Which reminds me that I’m thankful to still have all four of our parents with us!
Happy Birthday to your dad, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::) My Dad turned 88 in August. When I started carrying a knife again almost 5 years ago, I was shocked to discover that my Dad no longer carried a knife!!

Captivating canoe! That one is on my short list.
Gracias, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That Case CV amber jigged bone canoe was on my wish list for quite some time before I finally ordered one - I shouldn't have waited so long.

uq9bsyB.jpg

Thanks GT, I have the same Sowbelly, a gift from Papa Andi, and it is one of my favourite Rough Riders :thumbsup:
We do have much to be thankful for. Dad is 88 years old, and has never been a knife guy, but he showed me that he is carrying the Old Timer and seemed proud to tell me he'd actually used it the other day to open the seal on a bottle. :)
qXb4mjY.jpg

Thanks, Jack. Nice of you to take it to the cinema from time to time. :cool:
Pleased to meet your Pals, Jack & Rachel (well, Rachel's dad's Pal)! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Jack, I agree that RR sowbellies are very likable knives. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My wife and I both appreciated your sign, Del! :thumbsup::cool::cool: We've both been marauders in the lawless wasteland all week! :eek:;)

Here's something different; Chief Cutlery Co, Irish Congress. My favorite pattern and a brand I can't find in any of my books. Obviously been used, and it's going into rotation as soon as I clean up the lousy sharpening on the main blade.
Vielen Dank for sharing your find, @eisman! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on finding your favorite pattern in good shape!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
Merci beaucoup, G2, for the fine photo of your bonny Buck! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT! I am the original owner of that TC but I rarely carry it. Maybe because it is my only one, not sure, it is a great knife but one of the few I have that doesn’t see much use. The case canoe is a looker :cool:
Molte grazie, Tom, for the TC info and the canoe comment! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Morning folks, I've been enjoying reading all your Thanksgiving posts :) Miserable weather here again, but at least my pockets are happy ;) :thumbsup:
Mòran taing, Jack, for sharing the ebony lambsfoot and the pocket Plow that bring cheer to the compartments in your clothes! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Folle tank for showing us that splendid Beavertail and sheath, TheFactor TheFactor ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Turkey day carry;

Old red Case 6208. That's now a single blade friction folder. A rescue I did last year. Was a rusty mess in a bent frame that cleaned up well. the spring and other blade unsalvagable. No walk or talk, but she Cuts!

2018-11-23-02-42-33.jpg

Baie dankie for showing off your "friction folder", I.T.; what a great idea! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (And why did I never think of that? :rolleyes:)
Did you have to do anything to the backspring to make it give a solid stopping point for the blade tang? I have a Kutmaster stockman with great blades and two busted springs that I'll bet would be an excellent candidate for this! ;)

Paljon kiitoksia for the fine pic of your black/white rehandles, Jeff; those are both HIGHLY desirable knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Pioneer:
upW10WO.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Pocket Pal:
vuBmUxu.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Kutmaster GSA knife:
4SYw7WW.jpg

- GT

Paljon kiitoksia for the fine pic of your black/white rehandles, Jeff; those are both HIGHLY desirable knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Pioneer:
upW10WO.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Pocket Pal:
vuBmUxu.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Kutmaster GSA knife:
4SYw7WW.jpg

- GT

Thanks Gary and love that sheath you have for your Pioneer !

Back