What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Jack, I wonder where we send our dollar to? ;)
Great Sunday knives, btw.

Didn't GT volunteer?! :confused: ;) Thank you Kevin :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1042490

Wishing everyone a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Another fantastic pic Leslie :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. You are packing a potent pair yourself. That Barrett is a class act and I'm glad that y'all could get together again.

Thanks Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Wow, Jack! Those are gorgeous knives! :):thumbsup:

Thank you Dean :) :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to all on the Porch!!
View attachment 1042517

The same to you Perry, hope you're keeping well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Gary, I thank you very much, and Camillus thanks you as well! For Sowbelly Sunday, my glennbad modified "Beerbelly" Case, along with my red alox Cadet.

OyLsjxg.jpg

Agreed with above, fantastic!

Mine for today...
View attachment 1042002
Really cool Stag, Mitch. I like the 'checks' in it!:thumbsup:

..........You seem to have bonded with Pearl Mark :) :thumbsup:

Good line-up Rachel :thumbsup:

Always a treat to see those Hardy Perennials GT :) :thumbsup:

Stunning pic Gev :) :thumbsup:

Cool etch on that gorgeous Gunstock Stuart :cool: :thumbsup:

You've got the right tool for it there my friend :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Joshua :thumbsup:

Gorgeous jigging on those two Nick :thumbsup:

Fine threesome my friend :thumbsup:

Good to see your AC Joe, and that's a good-looking 35 :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great pre-Christmas weekend :) I'm carrying these two today, my Yorkshire Rose Lambsfoot (named by dc50 dc50 - thanks Dave), and a GEC 85 Barrett @btb01 carried all the way from Minnesota to Sheffield to give me :) :thumbsup:

EIFKBzQ.jpg

rqn0gcF.jpg

Thanks, Jack. I will kinda hate to see her go. I don't usually carry the same knife for a month at a time. Maybe I should.
Can't see enough of your White Rose of Sheffield.:cool::cool:

What a memorable trio, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Plaudits to Wrights and Barrett for providing them to you! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

When I read your unedited post, Vince, I thought, "You mean Rachel's prank was actually based on an actual event from the "old days"?" Little bit disappointed to find that the "promotion" you recalled was really just a product of her fertile imagination and her enjoyment of duping her adoring public, rather than vice versa! :D

That canoe looks splendid, even while high and dry, @Travman; I fear I'm falling head over heels for a Little Indain Girl! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Amazing array of antler, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (BTW, thanks for the heads up on that pearl canittler - too rich for my blood, but fun to admire nonetheless! :thumbsup::D)

Congrats on the new addition to your scout detail, Buzz! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your yeller SBJr is a classic, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

"She walks in beauty, like the night." :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Do you know the reference, besides Lord Byron's poem, that I thought you'd enjoy, John? ;))

Jeff, you have many stunning stock knives, but this is one of the stunningest IMHO! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Vince, your AC matches your hat well! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Maybe you should rig up a way to carry it up there! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dean. :) The jigging reminds me a little of your outstanding Schrade Barlow you posted recently.

Striking pic, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Has anyone done a comparison of this Buck with the CSC Forum knife with a similar blade configuration?

I hope you'll like it, Randy, as much as I've liked mine. ;):thumbsup:

Couple of black beauties, Dennis! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I've never thought about including my two black dogs into the Black Friday thread - great idea! ;) (I, and apparently almost everyone else, forgot about that thread a couple of days ago! :eek:)

Thanks for sharing your expereinces with the Mauser SAKs, Wayne & Jack & Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

It must be love!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Definitely a notable pair!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Part of a Black Friday knife buying spree for me involved a couple of Rough Rider's relatively new carbon steel knives, a canoe and a sowbelly stockman. I started using them in the kitchen the past few days to build up a "protective patina". ;) My first impressions of the knives are very positive, but I haven't taken many pics yet. The knives are going to be Christmas presents from my family :rolleyes:, and they're pictured here with part of a Christmas gift my 2 younger brothers and I received over 50 years ago:
View attachment 1042385
- GT
I liked seeing your slot cars, GT! :thumbsup: I had some from the early 80's but don't know where they got to.

Two clips. Two great knives.
View attachment 1042480
Totally agree, Taylor! Two winners!:thumbsup:

2013 Stag Western Outlaw that Lance graciously sold me so reasonably. Thank you Lance, it is truly appreciated:):thumbsup:
0LrLxe.jpg

HGHyF2.jpg
Great stag, Paul. A+:thumbsup:

View attachment 1042490

Wishing everyone a Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Great pic, Leslie! Same to you my friend!

There's the Porch Christmas card! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I will kinda hate to see her go. I don't usually carry the same knife for a month at a time. Maybe I should.
Can't see enough of your White Rose of Sheffield.:cool::cool:

I know the feeling from when I had Earl staying Mark :) Thank you very much, have a great Christmas my friend :thumbsup:

I've had a wonderful year posting pictures and chatting with old & new friends here on the porch. :)

Merry Christmas & Good Health to All,

- Del & Mrs. Oro

bv3pL3k.jpg

1 THESSALONIANS 4:11

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

May God Bless You & Yours

I carried this avatar mini copperhead, probably the most carried knife I own, shown in this photo with it's litter mate a Small Texas Jack in the same amber bone. Both of these knives are favorites. I own both of these knives because of this thread; the TJ because of Flymon (Stu) and the mini copperhead because of Protourist (Mack) displaying their knives in this same thread back in the late 200 pages in 2010...

75xjA0r.jpg

Ed J

Last edited:
Back