What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Let's see who gets the movie reference...And yes, it is a plastic toe. :)

IMG_20190117_081836002_HDR_zpsxhffqtre.jpg
That rug really tied the room together.

I don't think so, and I fear I don't get it.
Actually, I'm pretty sure I don't get it. Sorry.
No, I'm sorry, Jer, for inflicting another of my little attempts to entertain myself on everyone else! :rolleyes: Each one of my comments in that post ended with an italicized word/phrase that I pretended to rhyme (sort of) with "serious" - at least that's what the theory is. See, I can't stop! :(:p:poop: So I googled "words that rhyme with serious" to get an initial list, and then supplemented it with things I made up (with varying degrees of success). Once I had my list of "rhymes", I had to try to match them to posts that I quoted. So I like your box of big old knives, and wanted something to tie it to one of my rhymes, and my weak attempt is the remark you didn't "get". :( You've got to admit, "Syria's" is a pretty inspired rhyme for "serious", eh? :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks! You'll have to enlighten me on Silverius. I'm not up on my Papal history (shame on me).
Joshua, I never heard of Silverius until he showed up as one of my Google rhymes for "serious", and then I did a quick glance at Wikipedia, which claimed that some thought he jumped from lowly cleric to Pope because he paid off an Ostrogoth king who invaded Rome. :cool:;)

I love the way Gary teaches history to us.
That's the spirit, Vince! :thumbsup::D:D

I should just shut up and post more of this week's carries.
Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a SAK clone made in China for a company ironically named Sheffield:
xyjLqij.jpg

Big Knife this week is a Rough Rider small work knife, RR's version of a SBJr:
fz87kSA.jpg

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a RR copper-bolster pen knife with grooved buffalo horn covers:
JaQexjF.jpg

- GT

Great photo Kevin!

I have these with me today.

GwI573f.jpg
Thank you, Tom.
Great pair of knives, it looks like you are ready for just about anything. I always enjoy seeing that AGR scout of yours.
Recent mod I've been waiting on is in the pocket today...I wanted more of a user tortoise shell vs safe queen so I had the pen blade deleted from my KA-BAR gunstock and re-handled. I dig it.
View attachment 1055389
View attachment 1055390
Eraserhead-David-Lynch-Mind-Blown-Gif.gif

Oh man, that is nice!

I paid for a new knife yesterday and got it in the mail today. I've never had such speedy shipping! Probably helps that the seller lives in the next town over (unbeknownst to me).

I got an intriguing new Sowbelly (many thanks to flatblackcapo flatblackcapo for the heads up), a Moore Maker with 3 blades. Curiously, it has two clips (different styles) and a spey. Now, I am not a big spey blade fan but it largely comes down to its aesthetics versus its functionality. What I find rather remarkable is that regardless of which blade you are using, they all sit low enough to not be uncomfortable in hand.

A very comfortable knife with beautifully ground blades and nice thin edges and yes, clad in red bone... This knife has me smitten for sure.

JL2d9Dy.jpg

yopiS69.jpg

Gsxn451.jpg
That Moore Maker has found a good home.
Nice job on the pics. :thumbsup:

Wow, what a great looking little knife! Is it a 25?

1096310.gif

Ebony and .....uh, smooth white bone
go together in perfect harmony :D
Very nice, R8shell

Thank you, sir.

Back