What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It's 3.5 ". Marked on all three blades with Cut Co stamp

The 4 inch Cut Co stockman has squared bolsters. I'll add an old pic of it later

Then it's an 8903, it looked bigger to me in the pictures. There are several round bolstered 4" cut co stockmans in addition to the various squared ones.

Then it's an 8903, it looked bigger to me in the pictures. There are several round bolstered 4" cut co stockmans in addition to the various squared ones.
Thank you for the number and now I need a round bolstered four inch stockman group...lol. And a few books !!!

Thank you for the number and now I need a round bolstered four inch stockman group...lol. And a few books !!!

There's at least five round bolstered 4" stocks, two of which have four blades. They are shown in the 1926 catalog.

Last edited:
I'm carrying this Craftsman Peanut today. It's a sweet little fellow...

1KykLd7.jpg

The

There's at least five round bolstered 4" stocks, two of which have four blades. They are shown in the 1926 catalog.
So many knives...I'll need more time, money, determination, and luck :D I'll see if I can find the 1926 catalog cuts. Thank you so much for the information !!:)

@Grateful Love that yeller stockman.

@flatblackcapo Nice bone soddie!

Thanks Nick, It's actually Delrin. Closest looking to Rogers bone I've ever seen, it's hard to tell even up close.
Thanks Steve, really nice jigging and color tones with depth to it!

Not all jigging is equal :thumbsup: nor should it be ;)

More bone that's so good you almost want to gnaw on it :D
Thanks Will, it should be called gnawed bone!

Carrying these two today :thumbsup:...
Jack, seeing your ironwood lambsfoot and 2018 BF Buck will never weary us!

I'm totin these two in Sambar today. Y'all have a good one! :D
Absolutely stunning stag on your Case Barlow and GEC #73 (?), Ron - I'm totally serious!

Beautiful stag Ron, especially on the Case Barlow. Carrying two today (rare to carry two for me if I'm not hunting or fishing), but got a terrific watch pocket in a new pair of jeans - deep for lots of stuff. Case 6279 & 6332. OH...
What a superb pair, OH, especially that pen knife - seeing that can be to my finances quite deleterious!

Gorgeous Black Box congress, Dwight! Why I like to see them but not use them is quite mysterious!

Double carry today. The GEC #14 in Ebony is a regular of course.
Added today is my new Lambsfoot in African Rosewood, gifted to me by one of our most outstanding community members, Jack Black Jack Black
Congrats on enlisting in the Guardians, John! Although Jack is indeed most outstanding, he acts as if our peer he was!

Congrats on an intriguing knife, Dwight; I'm fascinated by the cast metal knives, whether Panama's or Assyria's!

Today's carry a Case Chestnut Teardrop CV
View attachment 1054682
Excellent, Dave, your Case chestnut drop is the teariest!

Get used to it, I pull this knife out a lot :cool:
Thanks for fair warning, John, but I suspect each time I'll be nearly blest!

5K Qs 5K Qs

Thanks Gary :) It's a spectacular knife!

Today is consecutive carry day 13 :cool: I see 30 becoming easier and easier. :D
Regards,

- Del
It is spectacular, Del, and in the American Southwest, it looks perfect for getting a slice of cereus!

5K Qs 5K Qs

Thanks, Gary! Yes, the 74 is a new one (actually the last purchase of 2018, but it didn't get to me until last week due to having it sharpened). I'm glad to have it, for sure.
Looks well worth the wait, Joshua; I'd be tempted to pay what the papacy cost Silverius!

Camillus medium jack today
AYzMt8Q.jpg
So handsome, Steve! A knife knut could use that to guide their collection efforts, a pole star, a veritable Sirius!

A tremendous trio, Joshua, with lots of variety. Odd? No, but eerie, yes!

Thanks a lot pal, it wasn't me who came up with the name for my ivory Lambsfoot though ;) :thumbsup:
Oops, sorry I misunderstood, Jack. I heard a rumor but it must have been clear BS!

The Kissing Cranes
Gev, that knife would be so appropriate for seeking out the hornbill heron Cochlearius!

I've toted enough firewood and snow over the past couple of days that I'm totin' light today: Queen #42 (1976) and Schrade 108OT (1946-1973). Whew!
- Stuart
Stuart, you've earned the right to tote so light, that pair is sure ethereous!

Today, a couple of "mature" guys, a Schrade and an Imperial.
View attachment 1054817
Dennis, that pair is quite imperious!

Mammoth Presidential?? Ken, it's unforgettable, and I say that so sincereliest!

eFmN7Nv.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart, I wish those Granddaddies would adopt me! They're so massive and materious!

... It never really dawned on me until after I received the knife back from Glenn that the blade just did not complement the beautiful work that Glenn had performed on the knife itself. The first picture below is the before picture with an example of what I was thinking about. He exceeded my expectations. Thank you Mark!!!!View attachment 1054975 View attachment 1054976 View attachment 1054977
Did Mark and Glenn do marvelous work? Dear me, yes!

...My 1982 Schrade Scrimshaw stockman.
Do you have your ducks in a row, Vince? Clearly, yes!

5K Qs 5K Qs - Gt your carved little man is quite good my friend! You've got skills. :) Lamb Jack is looking very nice too.
Thanks, Dwight, but the little bust was done by @WhittlinAway, for my communication skills you should jeer me, yes!

... Gary, I was flying out of Little Rock AR, was late and rushing for my flight. ...
Thanks for the story of the devastating loss of that Case whaler, Nick. It's the pits to lose one to the TSA legions of Tiberius!

Wishing the Wild Strawberries were back.....long time to wait, but carrying this today...
Will, that BB gunstock can brighten your day even with winter at its dreariest!

Today with new purchase, this Portuguese Ciol with hands in cork and blade in stainless steel...;):thumbsup:
Congratulations on the fascinating new knife! I've never seen cork handles - so subereous!

Today I’m totin an Ebony Churchill and a Rosewood Lambsfoot. :)
What a pair, Ron, and the pic is worth 1000 words - with a photo I hear thee best!

Southington English jack- I found it, why not carry it?
cXP10hj.jpg
Intriguing box of vintage knives, Jer! You display one that's England's; any that are Syria's?

Old Bear+Buck Companion.
Case stockman-just too smooth to not carry...
View attachment 1055378
Then carry it, you merely must!

Recent mod I've been waiting on is in the pocket today...
View attachment 1055389
View attachment 1055390
Congrats, Darren; that's worth waiting for even if you have to use a clock sidereous!

He believed (as many in the trades did back then) that the condition of a man's pocket knife told you a lot about the character of the person applying for a job.
Broken tip or blade? Careless and uses the wrong tool for the job.
Dull blade(s)? Lazy, and does not take care of his tools.
No knife? Irresponsible. Also untrustworthy if the person claimed he was experienced.
All excellent criterias!

Carried these today : #35 Smooth Green Bone and #78 Kiefer SFO : Got both at the 2018 Rendezvous :...
Then this one came a day early and I now have this one on me : Case Smooth Antique Bone...
Harry
Congrats on a trio to make us cheeriest!

I got an intriguing new Sowbelly (many thanks to @flatblackcapo for the heads up), a Moore Maker with 3 blades. ...

A very comfortable knife with beautifully ground blades and nice thin edges and yes, clad in red bone... This knife has me smitten for sure.
Congrats on the sublime sowbelly, Dylan! You must be nearly delirious!

I give up! My eyes are at their bleariest!

- GT

Back