What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Cool pic of your Dowell Jake :cool: :thumbsup:

Great pic of real beauty.

I always manage to take a good pic that hides all of the character so here’s some candid shots for ya! I’m at 7 months of carry. A2 steel.

k1SoNVe.jpg

UtjbTvl.jpg

K1X3TRN.jpg

POUFl7Z.jpg

Last edited:
A 2014 #66 in Stag covers, the Stag may not light up one's world but it's great in hand and I honestly like it, kinda creamy like:cool: bought from a forum member here on the porch...Thanks Mario:thumbsup:
Nydpe1.jpg

gUSXpo.jpg

Also bracing for the upcoming (even colder) snap coming next week:eek:
Brn55g.png
Mostly sunny -2 :eek: That delicious stag will keep you warm !!

Ha!!! you got it Harry, we wish we could get rid of it:( and to think I used to work outside in sub zero temps for years. I'd adapt and it would work out just fine but I HATE it now days:)

Two great old red bones Harry:cool::thumbsup:
Know what you mean . When I was 21 , I had to pump gas at a filling station through the winter until other opportunities opened up , and I never wore gloves all winter . Now I have $ 150 gloves and have Hot Hands inside the gloves and my hands still get frozen when I have to go out to temporarily shift the snow to other places .
Be careful up there my friend .

Harry

I always manage to take a good pic that hides all of the character. I’m at 7 months of carry. A2 steel.

k1SoNVe.jpg

UtjbTvl.jpg

K1X3TRN.jpg

POUFl7Z.jpg
I don't see anything wrong with your pictures Jake ! Maybe they are not up to the caliber of the knife , but what the hey my friend . That looks like a pretty substantial knife . What is the size of it ??

Hope y’all have a great day! I’m carrying these two today! :)

35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg

42138055275_1ffab8395b_b_d.jpg
That just may be the nicest looking PRIMBLE that I have seen yet Ron . It is always a pleasure to see your Old Humphreys Radiant . I do not understand why you don't carry that old thing more often .

Harry

Thanks, Tom; I'm the master of most vegetables I meet. :) Your red jigged 2-blade folder is A-1!

Nice photo of a bewitching knife, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup: How did you light that pic?

David, here's what my grandpa always said, in his Dutch immigrant accent, to my 2 younger brothers and me whenever we came to him with injuries ranging from scraped shins, to sucker spear through a foot, to finger sliced open to bone: "Yah, ya gotta be more careful!" :rolleyes: (How about less advice and more first aid, Gramps! :p)

Congrats, Dave, on a treasure trove! :thumbsup::cool: Kudos to Rob for his kind and thoughtful generosity! :thumbsup::)

Those look like a couple of manly jacks in the prime of their manhood, Stuart!! :cool::cool:

Killer Camillus Barlow, Wayne! :eek::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :)

You're welcome, Dean; I hope you get many years of service from that good-looking Farmer! :cool::thumbsup:

As always, my heart skips a beat when I see your glorious checkered bone 78! :eek::thumbsup::cool:

Great pic of your bone gunstock in a winter wonderland! :):thumbsup:

Your Rodgers pen rocks, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Handsome pair of knives, but when it comes to using, I'm with you and would choose the stockman almost every time. ;):thumbsup:

Those customs guys are notorious for their healthy approach to confiscation, Dave! :D:thumbsup:

"Burn furniture before knives!" Words to live by, Ron! :p Thanks for the canoe compliment :); the honey bone model is essentially a smooth bone version of your jigged bone Buck canoe - nice knives.

Nice tribute to your father to remember the day of his passing, Vince. :thumbsup: My Mom died 30 years ago last October, basically a month after my daughter turned 30. Sad they never got to know each other. :(

Thanks, Vince. :) I think I currently have at least 45 canoes from at least 15 different companies. Picking ONE favorite would be difficult; I'd almost certainly choose one of my stag models. I think a lot of this Mohawk canoe made in Germany for AG Russell:
ZOzul8A.jpg

I call eggs and veggies cooked up together "egg stuff"; one of my favorites, with toast and pork&beans. :) I'd have given you two thumbs up for enhanced oatmeal! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Do you think my ivory-colored Colonial electrician has synthetic handles? Or bone? On that recent pic, you can see lots of dark "imperfections" which make me think bone. But most of my Colonian experience has been with very inexpensive clam-shell clad models.

Exquisite examples of stag on the Henckells and ram's horn on the Lionsteel, Harry! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Your big peaches and cream knife is a looker! :cool::cool:

:D:D Thanks, Senhor Pinto!

Your Rodgers Jack looks VERY handsome! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the lambsfoot, Mark. Have you become an "official" Guardian posting in that thread? Have your requested that your location be added to the recent Google map of where Guardians live around the world? Yes, black licorice is "lekker"! ;)

Spanning the globe with beautiful knives, Ron! ;):thumbsup:

Tremendous tree-based trio, Joshua, displaying some of wood's variety! :cool::thumbsup:

Watch pocket knife this week is a Rough Rider mini canoe:
oymzgaU.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Case amber bone stainless Sodbuster Jr (from the @mrknife never-ending GAW):
ClIUlgN.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a small "naked" Imperial serpentine jack I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
ya9Qrif.jpg

- GT
Thanks for the kind words about my knives GT .
I ma not sure about all of your other Canoes but my guess is that the Mohawk is the Most Appealing To The Eye . That is some nice looking Stag my friend .

Harry

So are your photos, cardinals, and knife....and the most splendid bird feeder this side of the Pecos
Thanks Gev. They are lovely.

Such a great picture!!! The red birds really 'pop'
Thank you John.

Toting this big ‘un today.
Another wonderful old one Nick.

Nice knife Dwight but your picture of your Bird Feeder Area draws my attention . We have Squirrels that would not allow us to put our feeders like that in or under our trees . The ice on the branches really add to the picture too .
Take care my friend
Thanks Harry. Same here with the squirrels. If I didn't "control" the population they would eat five pounds of bird seed every 24 hours. Fantastic redbone knives!!!

from the Clanman (Duncan's GAW ) just a gem of a guy...I mean knife
Such a beautiful congress Gev.

I don't see anything wrong with your pictures Jake ! Maybe they are not up to the caliber of the knife , but what the hey my friend . That looks like a pretty substantial knife . What is the size of it ??

Hey Harry, I hope all is well! I just meant that most of the pictures I take of the knife, I can easily angle it slightly and the glare on the metal hides the greying patina and the millions of swirls and scratches on the bolster. Basically it looks like I don’t carry it lol. I just figured I needed to show some pics displaying the character that it’s earned, especially those dings in the walnut when I dropped it on the basement floor :eek:. Its 4” closed with a 3” blade.

Back