What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I aspire to someday take pictures as soulfully as you, and have as good a taste in knives as well.

In addition to the everpresent Camillus army engineer knife, I have a Camillus navy general utility knife with me. Thankfully, this navy is in much better shape than the Imperial I posted yesterday. It even has half stops, and some very fresh looking jigged bone.

jR6Rgnbh.jpg
Man! You just keep sniffing out some great ones!
These are in my pockets .

Harry
Always enjoy those nice stags, Harry!
And like I said last time, that pic of your raised bed is most welcome- especially today. I spent several hours on the roof busting out ice dams that were causing a leak in our kitchen. Thoroughly soaked with sweat and slush is no way to spend a Saturday, but at least I only slipped once, and didn’t go over the edge.

Is that some leaf lettuce between the beans and carrots?

Today I went to see They Shall Not Grow Old, a documentary about British soldiers in WWI. I recommend it highly. I know it's silly, but I brought along a couple 100 year old knives with me to the theater. One German made, and one English.
A6WRYNE.jpg

That movie is getting good reviews. I can’t even watch a trailer without choking up.:(
Love the big ebony jack! Even with zooming in on a magnifying glass, I can only make out a few letters of the tang stamp. Who made it?

Last edited:
PRp5tSN.jpg
mZEwAGy.jpg

Old pics, but hey old knives to lol Carried the Henkels and Challenge today.
1xGvweh.jpg

Then added this Gov't issue Kutmaster about 11:30. Doing a bit of googlefu I'm pretty sure it was part of a US. Pilots parachute harness survival kit. Kit:SRU-16/P
I've managed to get most of the scuffing out of the main without losing the etch.

r8shell r8shell Thanks you guys. Rachel, I always enjoy seeing your old knives and those 2 century old ones today are amazing. The patina on them is just soothing to look at! Ramrodmb Ramrodmb The Saynor is 3 7/8” and here’s a pic of the other side.
Oh, that is fantastic stag!
That movie is getting good reviews. I can’t even watch a trailer without choking up.:(
Love the big ebony jack! Even with zooming in an a magnifying glass, I can only make out a few letters of the tang stamp. Who made it?
It is an amazing film, but parts of it are hard to watch. :(

The ebony Jack is not so big, 3 1/2". Lenox Cutlery Co Germany.
Lenox was an importer of German pocket knives, so I don't really know which manufacturer actually made it. Perhaps Boker? :confused: The amazing thing is that even though it was made some time between 1909 and 1914, and it shows signs of years of rough use, the action is wonderfully snappy with no blade wobble at all. :) It was the first 100 year old knife in my collection, and it started me on the hunt for fine relics. :D
lCNMIua.jpg

Oh, that is fantastic stag!

It is an amazing film, but parts of it are hard to watch. :(

The ebony Jack is not so big, 3 1/2". Lenox Cutlery Co Germany.
Lenox was an importer of German pocket knives, so I don't really know which manufacturer actually made it. Perhaps Boker? :confused: The amazing thing is that even though it was made some time between 1909 and 1914, and it shows signs of years of rough use, the action is wonderfully snappy with no blade wobble at all. :) It was the first 100 year old knife in my collection, and it started me on the hunt for fine relics. :D
lCNMIua.jpg
I've seen snippets of the documentary on YouTube. Powerful stuff. Your Lenox reminds me of my Challenge. Pretty similar frame,though mines a harness jack. Although its not been hard used apparently, it is strong and snappy, no blade play, my first 100 year old knife and the one started me on vintage knives.;):thumbsup:

Ever since buying a house on a little plot of land (5.25 acres) that needs some work I’ve been carrying this full sized stockman.... bought it at the local feed and seed when I was working on the house before moving in and it hasn’t left my pocket.
Rode with me regrading the driveway with my green “baby” tractor, and loading up leaves and limbs to burn.... some dudes hit their 40’s and buy sports cars... I bought 5acres and a tractor(trying to buy the 20acres next door as well) I guess it’s whatever gets you back in touch with your youth. The big yellow bone stockman just feels right. I even carry it to the office. Might switch to the smaller version eventually, who knows.

170040D5-3C11-44D3-80FF-2CDD018CA376.jpeg

Back