What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Para el domingo:
46965317671_c530fb5e5d_h.jpg

Classic folding knife from Albacete, España, with polished deer stag antler point, from @ArtesaniaHerreros.

Oh, that is fantastic stag!

It is an amazing film, but parts of it are hard to watch. :(

The ebony Jack is not so big, 3 1/2". Lenox Cutlery Co Germany.
Lenox was an importer of German pocket knives, so I don't really know which manufacturer actually made it. Perhaps Boker? :confused: The amazing thing is that even though it was made some time between 1909 and 1914, and it shows signs of years of rough use, the action is wonderfully snappy with no blade wobble at all. :) It was the first 100 year old knife in my collection, and it started me on the hunt for fine relics. :D
lCNMIua.jpg
I certainly agree with you on the term ( Fine Relics ) my friend .

Harry

I aspire to someday take pictures as soulfully as you, and have as good a taste in knives as well.

In addition to the everpresent Camillus army engineer knife, I have a Camillus navy general utility knife with me. Thankfully, this navy is in much better shape than the Imperial I posted yesterday. It even has half stops, and some very fresh looking jigged bone.

jR6Rgnbh.jpg
Beauties Buzz:cool::thumbsup:

1xGvweh.jpg

Then added this Gov't issue Kutmaster about 11:30. Doing a bit of googlefu I'm pretty sure it was part of a US. Pilots parachute harness survival kit. Kit:SRU-16/P
I've managed to get most of the scuffing out of the main without losing the etch.

According to ‘The Complete Book of U.S. Military Pocket Knives’, you are most likely correct. That etch appears to have have begun being used after WW2.

Found my grandfather’s watch from back in the 50s-60s (maybe older) when the communist were in power. It saysMade in the USSR. :)

I hafta find his old Gerlach pruner and tossthat in my pocket while wearing the watch :).

gpLElWah.jpg

Knife is a 1989 Case mini Coke bottle/Swellcenter with a Parker Edwards 512 layer damascus blade and stag scales.

Back