What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That one far left would really need a close up :)
bsIjVnQ.jpg
UagZZe4.jpg

Z9xNvYi.jpg

Here ya go! These my best glamour shots, taken just as the sun was setting behind me. Challenge Cut Co.
Edit: been carrying this one because Charlie liked it so when I first posted it. He provided some great info, for at the time I didn't even know harness jacks existed. This was the first I'd seen. So been in my pocket for Charlie:thumbsup:

bsIjVnQ.jpg
UagZZe4.jpg

Z9xNvYi.jpg

Here ya go! These my best glamour shots, taken just as the sun was setting behind me. Challenge Cut Co.
Edit: been carrying this one because Charlie liked it so when I first posted it. He provided some great info, for at the time I didn't even know harness jacks existed. This was the first I'd seen. So been in my pocket for Charlie:thumbsup:
Thank you! :thumbsup:
Great picture of a great knife! Not surprising Charlie loved her, she's oozing history and quality, with an amazing jigging smoothened by hand use. :)

I don't pocket the Ancient often. Was thinking of our friend this morning and it seemed like the thing to do.
jXRCZIN.jpg
Gary another stunning combo. The scratted ancient is breath taking. Seriously. It compliments that new humpback so perfectly.

I will have to agree with that :)

g4UzSml.jpg
Tim that ancient is stunning my friend.

On a hike today when we came across this very old accident in the woods. It seemed apropos to include one of Charlie's Ancient Barlows in a photo with the old jalopy (as well as an Orchard Gem).

An incredible photo of the old derelict in the woods. Fantastic Dean!

Wow. That is really beautiful.

Ended up with a Schrade 863 Carpenters Whittler on Monday - its been with me all week. Gave it a workout Tuesday night - fished most of the night with a buddy - kept snagging rocks and bushes in the dark and thus tying on lures and leaders - the Schrade makes for a good pocket companion. OH
Schrade-863-Carpenters-Whittler.jpg

Hey- that’s what I meant. One of those eastern mountain ranges that start with A. New York is close to Pennsylvania, right?:cool:

Thanks, zoogirl. Inescapable part of life, but Easter Sunday gives me a peaceful way of looking at it.:)
Nice to find out about another guitar player here on the porch! And yes, it’s sad and funny how we can be so brand/image conscious that we look down on humble, but very functional instruments.
I have these scratch-builds in progress,View attachment 1115014but it was so much fun (and a lot easier!) modding the Squier, that it could become a habit.
BTW- that Squier came from a Ft Myers Fla pawnshop when after flying down there, I didn’t want to spend a week with nothing to play. Later, it got shipped over to Edinburgh Scotland by plane so my son would have something to play.

Nice pruners, Will!

A mighty nut with lovely scales!

Classic spear point!

Prettier than colored eggs!

Happy Easter everyone...View attachment 1115028View attachment 1115029
When I saw your post, Jeff, it inspired me to put mine in pocket. Wish mine had a bail.
dWzfC0u.jpg

I've had this Laquoile En Aubrac for a couple of years now. The pull is surprisingly light, but the action has still a good snap. Since I have come to appreciate lighter pulls I'm happy that I got this knife.

Have a good friday and merry weekend everybody!

xjKu4Gt.jpg

Smashing photographs and knives, All !!!

Thanks Gev :) :thumbsup:

Nice Ettrick Dave :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment Jack! :) A Barlow and a Lambsfoot make a very good pairing! ;) :thumbsup:

I think I’ll try the combo again today! :D

33472972308_0b7ac96584_b_d.jpg

I agree Ron, as do a number of our fellow Guardians it seems :) That's a fine pair :) :thumbsup:

Smashing Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, and thanks, again, for my singular (figuratively and literally) lambsfoot.

You're very welcome Stuart, don't miss my giveaway in the Guardians thread :) :thumbsup:

I don't pocket the Ancient often. Was thinking of our friend this morning and it seemed like the thing to do.
jXRCZIN.jpg

Definitely Gary, a superb knife, and a great pairing there :thumbsup:

Superb Harvey, I love that knife, and think the jigging may well be GEC's finest :thumbsup:

Ashley's Choice:
C6LGnuW.jpg

A. Wright & Son, Sheffield.

Lovely pic Vince :thumbsup:

Very nice indeed Taylor :) :thumbsup:

These two are with me this Thursday, which is my Friday of the work week :D

qBeRsVc.jpg

Great pairing Tom :thumbsup:

Today again with my Guardians 19, is that I never tire of looking at this wood in the sun, here with the company of a red scarab, and yet another GEC # 15 in stainless steel!!!:cool::thumbsup:

2gt0nrk.jpg

Beautiful pic Jose :) :thumbsup:

On a hike today when we came across this very old accident in the woods. It seemed apropos to include one of Charlie's Ancient Barlows in a photo with the old jalopy (as well as an Orchard Gem).

Very cool pics Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

Switched over to ironwood to take a little walk...

Stunning John :) :thumbsup:

bsIjVnQ.jpg
UagZZe4.jpg

Z9xNvYi.jpg

Great-looking old knife :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, the weekend is almost upon us ;) I'm carrying these two today. Me and Charlie have been swapping packages across the Pond for years now, but this is the first Barlow he gifted me, the first of many I have to say :) I put him a card in the post yesterday, and am hoping that by the time it reaches him, he'll be running around doing cartwheels again :) :thumbsup:

ueZUNCk.jpg

LMbbaLW.jpg

Back