What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

kai76 kai76 and Old Engineer Old Engineer ,
Appreciate the well wishes gentlemen! I saw the surgeon yesterday- he pulled out the staples, said all is coming along as it’s supposed to. The pain is only from where they cut through the muscles and assured me they weren’t missing any tools. Still not supposed to lift more than 25lbs, but didn’t say no walking, so took my daughter to mosey around the flea market.
Not one single hame to be found, but I did get a very nice Camillus 72 whittler for $10, and a #91/2 Stanley low angle block plane for $13. It needs cleaning, but the blade is in top shape.
Spent more on two Italian sausages, two bags of chips, and our admission.

Beautiful weather~ good day to be alive.
View attachment 1122613

iEvoxII.jpg

Yard work

And just tailor-made for the pocket as well:cool:

I have one but it's a stay at home;) My worksmiths are the Jigged Bone version from Lyle and the Smooth Camel Tidioute, brilliant pattern, quality finish:thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

Appreciate the well wishes gentlemen! I saw the surgeon yesterday- he pulled out the staples, said all is coming along as it’s supposed to. The pain is only from where they cut through the muscles and assured me they weren’t missing any tools. Still not supposed to lift more than 25lbs, but didn’t say no walking, so took my daughter to mosey around the flea market.
Not one single hame to be found, but I did get a very nice Camillus 72 whittler for $10, and a #91/2 Stanley low angle block plane for $13. It needs cleaning, but the blade is in top shape.

View attachment 1122613
Those Camillus 72's are IMHO one of the very best used knifes that a person can buy for an EDC . What you paid for yours could be classified as Petty Theft .
Where was this FLEA MARKET ???? It looks like another one slipped past me .

Harry

Last edited:
Nice-looking Wharncliffe Knife Dwight
Thanks Jack. Lovely trio accompanying you on your castle ruins walk. Beautiful pics.

Just got this Amherst folder in, sharpened her up, made a lanyard/fob and also carved a tip of a deer antler for the bead ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
I was glad to see you snatch that beauty up Gary. Lovely piece in every way and lovelier still with your additions.

Nice BEM on your example:cool:
I have a Teardrop in it but unfortunately, it's pinkish rather close to CAT BARF :eek::D
Thanks ! And yes it does have great BEM :thumbsup:
Another big thanks to Black mamba “Jeff” for this Gaw a while ago.
Also a big thanks to Mercedes since her picture was picked .
Here she is trying to take a victory drink months later before I snatched her from my cold beverage lol. Excuse the tactical blade in the pic :eek:
4jpBUEc.jpg

View attachment 1122613
I'm glad you're healing up and got to get outside with your daughter. :):thumbsup:
That 72 has nice full blades, congratulations.

Love the Mitchell 300. As a a collector of vintage reels, I probably have over 50 of them. Never found one that didn’t work as new after a little TLC. Pretty impressive for 40-50 year old reels. They don’t make ‘em like that anymore! I’m starting to sound like my grandfather!?!

Thanks! My mom found it attached to a fishing rod at a garage sale over 25 years ago. I use it on a rod that works on Kokanee up to Chinook Salmon. Never failed me yet!!

My first post since Thursday and I could barely catch up of the thread to LIKE some fine postings. Y'all are wearing me (and obviously some vacant folks) out! I'm too tired to post many comments about the fine posts since I left on Thursday, but they are some very good ones. I do have these pics from my fishing trip (2 days blown out by the wind, one day roughing out a day of rollers).

Early the second day, we jigged. I jagged for a beer and cigar. (I caught a 34 inch striper, but the minimum limit is a 36" or larger. Back he went.)

I6hAPVJ.jpg

Later, we trolled 17 lines and my son caught a 42" keeper.

GMuQXiv.jpg

We caught three more 33" - 35" throw-backs, and I had to head home. They fished today (no report yet), and I'm going back this coming week.

- Stuart

Those Camillus 72's are IMHO one of the very best used knifes that a person can buy for an EDC . What you paid for yours could be classified as Petty Theft .
Where was this FLEA MARKET ???? It looks like another one slipped past me .

Harry
Kane County Fairgrounds, St Charles.
1st weekend of the month, year round.
It’s huge... and I’m exhausted.

Agree on the 72- a fine one to carry for sure.

Saber and Peechseed please, make mine a Walden;):)
1yqrmK.jpg

hyn9Gk.jpg
Oh man, Paul. You’re killin me!

kai76 kai76 and r8shell r8shell ~ thank you both! And you’re so right. Time spent with my daughter is time well spent.

Last edited:
Back