What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Success! The Blues won. Now, do you keep carrying the same three or wipe the slate clean? Your call Tom. The Stanley Cup is riding on your decision.

Yikes, such responsibility! :)

Hockey superstitions are probably second only to baseball. Wayne Gretzky would drink a Diet Coke, an ice water and a gatorade between every period. Patrick Roy would talk to his goal posts. Pelle Lindbergh wore the same orange t-shirt for every game and never washed it. Karl Alzner would tap his stick 88 times exactly then trace a maple leaf in the ice before the end of the national anthems. I once read about a slumping player who dunked the blade of his stick in a toilet between periods to “teach it respect”; the player then scored and it became a tradition for every game thereafter.

Since the Blues have not lost a series since I stopped shaving, or a single game since I started carrying this trio, in order to keep karma happy I think the trio stays with me until our next loss :). (sorry if the Porch is getting bored of these three)

MYSFAPB.jpg

That bike looks like a ton of fun. I just got in new tires for my ancient Rockhopper yesterday, and will be mounting them tonight.
aHUiB0dl.jpg

Remington for Wooden wed.

PWemFhe.jpg

You, sir, have the coolest vintage knives every single day. I'm just gonna call your posts "the daily drool" from now on, 'cuz it's all I do when I see them.

Yikes, such responsibility! :)

Since the Blues have not lost a series since I stopped shaving, or a single game since I started carrying this trio, in order to keep karma happy I think the trio stays with me until our next loss :). (sorry if the Porch is getting bored of these three)

MYSFAPB.jpg

I'm showing no signs of boredom whatsoever. I love seeing your Bark Rivers, and that blue alox is just glorious in the extreme.

Tulips blooming in my neighbor's front yard... for some reason it inspired me to carry my red cadet.
I am not sure why... may be because of the colors or because Holland is closer to Switzerland than Ontario ? :)
Then on our afternoon walk my wife and I came upon this beautiful Trillium flowers, the symbol for Ontario.
How does all of this relates together ? ... I don't have a clue :)
eLgdgZt.jpg

T7zWV1Y.jpg

1ZTjU4h.jpg

Gorgeous photos, Dany, and a great looking Vic Cadet. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stockman of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV sowbelly (thanks, Ron):
TXjX5EF.jpg

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Buck with wood covers:
ejUv6Nm.jpg

Fancy canoe this week is a Fight'n Rooster 4-blade:
View attachment 1132632

- GT

A top-notch trio today, Gary! Your fancy Fight'n Rooster is fantastic. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That bike looks like a ton of fun. I just got in new tires for my ancient Rockhopper yesterday, and will be mounting them tonight.
aHUiB0dl.jpg

You, sir, have the coolest vintage knives every single day. I'm just gonna call your posts "the daily drool" from now on, 'cuz it's all I do when I see them.

I'm showing no signs of boredom whatsoever. I love seeing your Bark Rivers, and that blue alox is just glorious in the extreme.

Thanks Buzz, much appreciated!

Can you please give a whole picture of the stick? It's a beauty (and so is the knife too)!

Thank you, I'll try :) :thumbsup:

Cane.JPG

Back to friction. I removed the string, it was getting in the way.

I really should get something like the Hiroaki Ohta higonokami, I like friction folders so much these days.

lRxekfX.jpg

I wondered about the string. It's a good pattern :thumbsup:

Rosewood and bocote for me on Woodnesday.View attachment 1132764

They look great Jeff :thumbsup:

I hope y’all have as great a day as what I’m having! ;) :D

47855542132_b93e3f6119_b_d.jpg

46991509015_452c631dec_b_d.jpg

Superb pairing, and equally lovely pics Ron :) Looks like you're having a great time :thumbsup:

Good Morning All

Very nice John :thumbsup:

Very classy Dwight :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Harvey :thumbsup:

Ebony Huckleberry Boy's Knife for Wooden Wednesday.

Great pic Dean :thumbsup:

F24523E9-3E45-4AB1-9D31-E40052660126.jpeg

@Half/Stop As a Statesman, I concur. I keep residence down there, as well. I need to get to the beach soon.

Buzzbait Buzzbait All my other bikes are “old,” as well. I did what you did and upgraded their tires. Massive difference. This 29 was justified as, “I don’t have anything like it.” It’s big but it feels solid - way better than the Big Rippers.

Back