1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    @5K Qs
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's a picture of a hat and hunting vest and coat with 3 Lab puppies in the pockets hanging on a wall. Part of a "Nostalgic Art" series. Theres one Called "Ten point buck" that I'd like to find on the same knife as this. Of course it's a pic of a whitetail buck.

A. Pradel, Pinemoon, jwb01 and 19 others like this.
  2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    A little 3"closed serpentine Schrade Walden Jack, solid with no play whatsoever and scary sharp carbon blade:thumbsup:

And to my left while picture taking there was harmony (somewhat) between House finches and Gold finches:confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pinemoon, jwb01 and 31 others like this.
  3. jnevill

jnevill

Mar 8, 2008
    It is totally servicable, not TOO soft, but it doesn’t hold a candle to their carbon steel. If you can sharpen then don’t hesitate to pick it up.

Tyd450 likes this.
  4. Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Apr 16, 2019
    The new Case Barlow that came in the mail Friday. I felt like I deserved something nice for my 50th birthday.[​IMG][​IMG]

5. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Put a hunk of sunshine in the pocket today.

[​IMG]

6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Please accept my condolences to you and yours for the loss of your Son. Your Son’s sacrifice is a debt that society can never fully repay. All we can do is be humbled, remember, and appreciate in full measure, what your Son and others like him have done for us.

7. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I disagree. Schrade+ stainless is just as good as their carbon. I have used both extensively and there's no discernible difference between the two in edge retention. Sharpening is equally easy for both.

JohnDF and Tyd450 like this.
  8. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Carrying this one the past couple days. Easily becoming one of my favorites.

[​IMG]

9. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    It is quite a shame what Memorial day has become, no words have I that can adequately do honor to those of our armed forces that paid the greatest cost. While never serving myself I have friends and family who have. When I was in the scouts our Scout Leader and Assistant Leader were both WW2 vets. Early on Memorial day our troop would gather at a large (30 acre) cemetery, we each would take a bundle of small U.S. flags, and row by row look for each veterans marker. On each we planted a flag,gave a scout's salute and proceeded on. I put a flag on my grandfather's grave. A Korean war and Vietnam war vet that I never knew. He committed suicide before I was born. Unfortunately not all combat casualties happen in combat. So to all veterans here, no matter where you served,or what country you served for i thank you for your service. To those whose lost family, my most heartfelt condolences.

10. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Carried this one today as a reminder

(Yes I know it's the wrong wrapper, it was in the box)

peanutsxx, jwb01, Pinemoon and 20 others like this.
  11. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    Prester John and jnevill like this.
  12. jnevill

jnevill

Mar 8, 2008
    I like what you are saying here!

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  13. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Haven't had the 35 Churchill out for a while, it's time:)

[​IMG]

14. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Work in progress, I added a aluminium back spacer to this Peasant mini. Needs sandpaper. Anyway this is a cheap user so it does not have to be fancy. The spacer is pinned (pin ends peened) and the back screw goes through the spacer, no glue because glue does not stick to this plastic. I might add another pin and remove the corby screw to get a lanyard hole?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    This 1 today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    A shame about the ballgame Vince, but that's a great combination :) Classy slip for your Navaja :thumbsup:

I probably have one or two Vince :thumbsup:

Very sorry for your loss Jeff :( :thumbsup:

Beautiful knife, and great pics Paul :thumbsup:

Morning folks :) Another wet Bank Holiday Monday here :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

17. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Your EO sheepsfoot scout is admirable, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm glad you had such an enjoyable family vacation, Ron. :thumbsup::) That 73 is a black beauty! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:D:D Your classic navaja has made you quite a swashbuckler, Vince!

Dazzling photo of your stag lambsfoot, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Your pics remind me of how many details my defective old eyes miss! :eek:

Congrats on the new ride; excellent knife choice for the maiden voyage! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Flawless 85, @Travman :cool::thumbsup::cool:, but that doll is creepy! :eek:

What a grand pair of lambsfoot knives, Senhor Pinto!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Are you left-handed?

Handsome handle and patina on your Opinel, Dany! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Immaculate pair of lambsfoots, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: They must make you feel like a proud papa. ;):thumbsup:

That one must give you a lot of joy, Alan; what a jewel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That Cramer is en fuego, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I admire your practicality, Jeff! :D:thumbsup::D

Total knockout, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Lovely example, Dean; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

If you want to cut stuff, that one's majestically exciting, Barrett! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Noteworthy stag pair X 2, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Opulent Opinel and exemplary Explorer, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the reminder of proper priorities, Jeff, from someone who knows the cost.

Paradigmatic mini trapper, John; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments, Vince and Harvey. :thumbsup::cool: Vince, I'm impressed that you can remember my random musings about "improved" mini trappers! ;):thumbsup: So many of our preferences about knives are just matters of personal taste. :cool::)

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

As you might expect, I find that knife to be of highest quality, Dean!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good advice, Ron; deleting emails, then trying to read them just hasn't been working out for me! :rolleyes::p
    What a ravishing red/black combo to welcome you home! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Gary, I'm not a southpaw, but as I always open the knives with my left hand I bought to try!:D:D
    And I'm enjoying the experience!:cool::thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  19. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Gary...:thumbsup:

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.