What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

binKpmB.jpg

Hi Pinemoon, I am a beginner at this, only have a few knives and this is my only stag one. However I like to go over them meticulously and learn/compare, etc.

I would have liked for the stag on this knife to be more even from one side to the other, one is a bit concave, the other a bit convex and the stag patterns are different too from one side to the other,.... this would not be an issue obviously if you get the yellow synthetic or jigged bone version.

The brass from the bolster and liners on the back was a bit rough, had a machine finish to it ( maybe they forgot to polish that part of the knife ) I quickly fixed that with fine sandpaper and a little buff.

What took me a long time was to re profile the blade, the bevel angle was very steep especially at the tip because the blade does not have a swedge or taper so the tip is thicker than the back of the blade. The bevel at the tip ended up bigger after reprofiling at 30 degrees.

I still think this is a very nice little knife, considering I paid $ 42 for it and I carry it a lot ( the synthetic yellow version is half that $ ).

I am happy I got it, ... economical way of getting into stag.
Thanks for the comments.
The price point of those War Eagle Blades had me wondering.
Be good choice for a user or a kid's first knife I guess, or if you wanted to practice modifying, etc...

@5K Qs Thank you Gary for the nice words. Also, you are so right about personal taste, of which you have good taste in abundance.

Gevonovich Gevonovich Gev, your pairing is a wonderful turn back the clock image.

@Misplaced Hillbilly David, in my book, your grandfather is also a hero who deserves our thanks and rememberance. To this day, we don’t do enough to help our returning Veterans.

Back