What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

vEziiR0.jpg

This one was calling to me today.

I love the 8OT, the large stockman it is a must have. The OT3 is also a good one, but Remember when you go looking, most OT’s are carbon steel, but if the blade is stamped “Schrade +” it is stainless.

Good timing today, 8ot on the way. How is schrades stainless? Similar to GEC or case? Nothing to write home about?

That's very kind of you to say. :) Maybe I'll spring for a "craftsman" level membership sometime down the road...

For today, I'm carrying one that needs no adornment.
4u1eYuC.jpg

Beautiful Small there:cool:

Most impressed by your Scrim, I'll be sending in a batch of knives for improvements ;):cool::D

Thanks, Will

Nice knives, nice woods too but I really like the Irish Penny:thumbsup: I always carry one of their old nickle Threepenny bits with a Hare on it, a beautiful series of coins in their old pre 1971 money that had other animals, Horse, Salmon, Greyhound.:cool:
Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Release the Kraken!
8OkAfPk.jpg
lBNqZ2M.jpg
Very nice r8shell! You obviously have a talent for this! :thumbsup: :cool:

In typical American fashion, we have turned Memorial Day into a three day holiday weekend. This week on the radio, I heard it called “the unofficial start of summer” repeatedly. It is time to load up on all of your lawn and garden needs, and be sure to stop by the grill department for some great bbq demonstrations. And don’t forget the Memorial Day Sale at Guitar Center!

On the other hand, in small town USA, you can still attend a solemn prayer service and ceremony at the cemetery, watch the Boy Scouts perform color guard duties, and when the old boys from the Legion fire their ‘03 Springfields in the salute, the little boys still scramble for the hot brass.

View attachment 1134891 View attachment 1134892 View attachment 1134893
May God bless you and your family Jeff! :thumbsup:

Vince, Ron, Rachel, Dave, Dave, Jack, John, @eisman: is there a rosewood lambsfoot coup d'etat going on in which I should be participating?? :eek:;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Gary you should read your emails before deleting them! :eek: :D

We’re back home from our trip so I’ve switched to a 1974 Case 6207 Red Bone Jack and one of my favorite TC Barlow’s for the rest of the evening! :D

35243003104_9387326800_b_d.jpg

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund - Jeff, If that’s a picture of you, Thank you. I am greatful for the ultimate sacrifice of those Men and Woman who put themselves in harms way to defend our freedom, as well as the ones who, past and present, are(or were) willing to do so.

That is a picture of a much better man than I, my friend.
My son, who we lost July 25,2017 to injuries received in combat in Afghanistan. He enlisted in the Illinois Army National Guard knowing he was 100% guaranteed deployment to the war.
He was our oldest of three, and left us many good memories, much to be proud of, and two wonderful granddaughters. And Manny, my dog!

Back