What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Peanut-ish Knife of the Week is a Camillus 21 (thanks, Mike):
Ztznsma.jpg

- GT
That's a great looking little knife. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

We also had our "day of the fallen" recently. An old retired Israeli soldier I happened to meet said to me he had read the classic Finnish war novel "Unknown soldier". He said "war is hell, anytime, anywhere". He had been in almost every major war his country had fought. I don't have to agree with politics, but I can feel sympathy for the men and women fighting it.

I heard recently that I have a fallen hero in my family. A dog. My granddad, since he was a police chief had a german shepherd. This dog was used in the battle as a message carrier and was killed in 1944 at Viipuri bay. My mother's family, being farmers, had a horse that was taken to war. It returned home. My mother told me that the scene of a horse running round the yard, neighing with joy brought tears to everybody's eyes. My father has also a veteran status, nothing really major. He was leading an anti aircraft gun.

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday everyone, I have a bunch of cardboard to cut up today so I’m takin’ my favorite box cutter with me.

100+ y/o, made for only 2 years Union Knife Works Moose in chestnut Jigged Bone.

This was a rescue knife with a busted primary blade so I cleaned it up and modified the primary into a box cutter style blade. It’s a slicin’ machine.

GOI6OMeh.jpg

4soiOgRh.jpg

0CKqeeYh.jpg

Last edited:
Back