1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's a great looking little knife. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

2. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    GEC Bullnose in denim micarta

[​IMG]

3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you. It still needs a bit more oil in the joints, but it's getting there. :)

Gevonovich likes this.
  4. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Really enjoying this Case xx Barlow .
    Solid knife with such a satisfying walk and talk . She’s a snappy one but with a sweet pull .
    [​IMG]

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I think some rosewood for Tuesday:
    [​IMG]
    Lambsfoot, A. Wright & Son, Sheffield.

6. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Easy carry, cuts like razor.

[​IMG]

7. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    We also had our "day of the fallen" recently. An old retired Israeli soldier I happened to meet said to me he had read the classic Finnish war novel "Unknown soldier". He said "war is hell, anytime, anywhere". He had been in almost every major war his country had fought. I don't have to agree with politics, but I can feel sympathy for the men and women fighting it.

I heard recently that I have a fallen hero in my family. A dog. My granddad, since he was a police chief had a german shepherd. This dog was used in the battle as a message carrier and was killed in 1944 at Viipuri bay. My mother's family, being farmers, had a horse that was taken to war. It returned home. My mother told me that the scene of a horse running round the yard, neighing with joy brought tears to everybody's eyes. My father has also a veteran status, nothing really major. He was leading an anti aircraft gun.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Spear Carrier today

[​IMG]

9. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

10. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning! :)
    photo 3 (3).JPG

11. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Happy Tuesday everyone, I have a bunch of cardboard to cut up today so I’m takin’ my favorite box cutter with me.

100+ y/o, made for only 2 years Union Knife Works Moose in chestnut Jigged Bone.

This was a rescue knife with a busted primary blade so I cleaned it up and modified the primary into a box cutter style blade. It’s a slicin’ machine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Rosewood Lambsfoot Today
    [​IMG]

13. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Flying Eagle penny and sea shell. A man after my own heart!

Richlite LC for me. IMG_9323-1024x769.JPG

14. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_2781.jpeg

15. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Still in the Memorial Day vein.
    A Case in patriotic kirinite, a lil' lockback 83

[​IMG]

16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I was thinking of you when I set it up... and every time I look at that amazing sea shell :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

joeradza likes this.
  17. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    The photography on these pages is being brought up to art quality. :thumbsup: I'm wearing out the LIKE button. ;)
    Your subjects seem very cooperative and perhaps a bit vain - all worthy. :)

Ray

mitch13, cigarrodog and CelloDan like this.
  18. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    F383FB73-8339-4FCF-A280-F3D76346B3EF.jpeg I changed my pants, but not my knives.

19. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I'm still movin' and shakin' with the Vic Farmer and Classic today.

[​IMG]

My 4-day mini-vacation in the Adirondacks was more of the same, with the addition of the Texas Camp Knife performing kitchen and many cap lifting duties.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    New carries for me today, as my previous trio seems to have run out of luck. I replaced the Pioneer X with a blue farmer, the bark river with a John Lloyd Lanny’s clip and the GEC with a custom from Evan Miller.

[​IMG]