What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Jack, you wished me luck and I caught some Largemouth and Bluegill - going to give you credit for the assist! Nice Barlow’s you have, I like the looks of them with the Lambsfoot main blade. OH

4-B7-EE78-A-4-C3-F-40-F4-BDCE-953311-E66-F23.jpg

5-DE08-B2-A-A316-41-DA-AD7-A-6-F954-FC6-BED3.jpg

8-B934-AB7-7153-45-A7-B344-6-EFCCB35132-A.jpg
Looks like a productive day fishing.
Better than me, I got skunked but still had some fun.

Thank you Gary! :) Hope you have a great weekend my friend! :thumbsup::D
I’m totin these two for this rainy Saturday! :)
48023984282_80f0dd4ba3_b_d.jpg
Thanks, Ron, and I wish you (and everyone else on The Porch) a wonderful weekend as well. :)
That stag pair you carried yesterday makes me confident my wish will come true. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you.

Today is the last day for the cadet for now, but I'm just getting started with the scout.
That soldier of yours looks like a great carry, pretty much a scout with a better can opener.
Old American scouts have a timeless classic look to them, but that Victorinox can opener that can drive Philips screws and small standard screws is just so much better.
I agree that American scouts and SAKs are essentially the same pattern, and I like both. :cool::)
You're probably right about the Vic can opener's superiority because of screw driver capability, but I happened to open a can of dog food Friday with the Imperial BSA scout, and that "hook" worked great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today's haul, and tomorrow's carry. A Mike Zescherny improved trapper. I came here with the sole goal of finding an IT and found a great one. Also picked up a giraffe bone small wharncliff made by dunlap. ...
Congrats on your new customs! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Sounds like you're having a fantastic time meeting folks at Blade! :)

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you Gary. Love your 86 Alox. I keep meaning to get one in orange.
5K Qs, you could well be right! Handy design with good tools and snappier than the usual SAK. OH
Victorinox-ALOX-Electrician.jpg

About to head out to the farm pond to try my luck on LMB; sticking with the SAK idea, but with one I had still in its box. This Electrician contains sort of a Sheepfoot, my most useful blade and is thinner in the pocket than my red Farmer. OH
I recommend one for each day of the week ;)

View attachment 1141137
Harvey and Bruce, thanks for the Alox comments. :) I have to admit that I have the dread disease Alox Pox, although my symptoms are not yet as obvious as @Frailer's!! :eek::thumbsup::cool: Impressive selection of orange Alox!
Bruce, I hope the fishing was fun. I have a Vic Electrician just like yours, and I'm always undecided whether the Electrician or the Farmer is my favorite Alox SAK. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1141174 View attachment 1141175 2018 Blade Forums Buck, and Wenger Canyon.
My favorite of the two layer SAKs.
I wouldn’t mind getting one of those alox ones, but the added expense and deletion of the tweezers have kept me away so far. They look really nice, though...
Enjoy your Saturday, all!
Jeff, that Wenger Canyon looks almost equivalent to a Vic Tinker, a favorite of mine. :cool::thumbsup::cool: The small clip on yours is an interesting variation. And you're probably right about Alox. As far as functionality is concerned, the aluminum covers don't justify the added expense. :( They sure do look (and feel) nice, though! ;)

They are for sure expensive.
They are great knives, but they are starting to enter the realm of luxury items.
It's all a matter of personal choice, of course. I'm sure GECs are perfect for lots of folks, they just don't happen to fit the knife budget I set for myself.

Today in my pocket, me good old anchor knife from Lütters & Cie.
Very strong spring and half stops, C85 steel.
It's from the 50ies or 60ies, still with embossed logo on the blade.

luetters.jpg

Regards
Nicolas
Das sind drei sehr schöne alte Messer, Nicolas! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, Dwight, you seem to have at least one of almost everything!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

Thank you GT :) In fact it's the Beer Garden of Eden! :D Or at least the Beer Garden of the Harewood Arms! ;) :thumbsup:
4yHv6wu.jpg
:D:D Beer Garden of Eden is close enough! Boffo brace of Barlows, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Every once in a while I will get a hankering to carry this one, so I have it today.

View attachment 1141211
Exquisite knife, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Have a great weekend all.View attachment 1141218
Dwight that navaja is fine as dandy line wine! :thumbsup::cool:;)

Thank you, Gary. Good year for a Soldier; they still had the lanyard hole. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) I should add a lanyard to take advantage of that feature.

Today's carry. Proving that GT (aka 5K QS) is a good example, his photos of his mini copperhead inspired me to get one just like it. It is a very frequent carry.
What a striking knife, Dean; glad you like it as much as I like mine! :):thumbsup::cool:

Compelling shot of a classy knife, Harvey! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What is the background?

Just got the 55 in today, so I'll be carrying it along with the Camillus scout for the week or so.

I just may give the 55 two weeks and see how the brass looks after that.
Congrats on the Buck 55! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is a 55 half the size of a 110?? ;)

- GT

A little Camillus pen.
Little in size, gigantic in appeal, Nick!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These today : Taylors Eye Witness and Schrade
Harry
... They have the fewest number of parts of any true slipjoint. The wire frame, the blade and the pivot pin.
Here's a link to my photos posted in the Schrade Collector's forum.
Wire Jacks
Harry and Alan, those wire frame Schrades are intriguing! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the link to the pics of your impressive collection, Alan!

This Spanish beauty for Sunday:
WLPa58h.jpg

From @ArtesaniaHerreros.
That IS a Spanish beauty, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Did you go to San Antonio to beat the heat on the coast? I saw some brutal temps down there! :eek:

I'm very happy it's in the right hands. Looks like you've been putting it to good use. :)
Kudos for making the trade, John, and congrats to MJ71 MJ71 on getting a knife you were after! :thumbsup::cool::cool::)

Guten Morgen, Dave; classic knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I need to track down an Ankermesser some day before I join the merchant marines. ;)

Formidable foursome, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carrying an old PAL of mine today :)

XwRCbTY.jpg
What a PAL, Steve! Crinkly bone!! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Well it was hot yesterday. The AC went out and it got hot inside fast.So in the pocket went the Leatherman Juice for power and inspiration. Forty five minutes at Youtube University of AC repair and into the action we went. I had pretty well diagnosed the problem from the symptoms and a cursory check of the AC handler in the utility room. It was most likely the dual capacitor on the compressor/condenser unit on the roof. I scaled the walls like Bourne to the top of the unit and once I reached the summit, my diagnosis proved correct ! Bourne makes it look easy :D I know we can post Vics but not sure about The Juice ?

It got to summit with me anyway :) and those pliers - escape and evade gold
I'm awed that you could pull that off, Gev!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I can hardly wait for the movie! :D

Still carrying my lucky trio. The Blues have a chance to win the Stanley Cup tonight on home ice. I am both nervous and excited :eek:

i2RHJC2.jpg
I hope Boston is singing the Blues when it's all over, Tom! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sensational senator, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What flashlight model is that?

Sunday wharncliffe.

Striking sleeveboard pen, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here are my four that are always with me:
2018.11.EDC.natural.jpg

- GT

That IS a Spanish beauty, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Did you go to San Antonio to beat the heat on the coast? I saw some brutal temps down there! :eek:
Actually, it's usually hotter in San Antonio. My weather app indicates it's 94 now (5:00 pm) here in Corpus Christi, but it's 98 in San Antonio. It's also drier and less windy in SA. Hey, but I'm used to it! I really wouldn't want to live anywhere but Texas.

Maybe the most handsome pair on the internet.

I'm very happy it's in the right hands. Looks like you've been putting it to good use. :)
Thanks John. It arrived in a very nicely polished conditioned. That patina is from slicing a meal of beef cheeks cooked on a fire in the outback. Will be taking very good care of the knife. MJ.

Thanks, Ron, and I wish you (and everyone else on The Porch) a wonderful weekend as well. :)
That stag pair you carried yesterday makes me confident my wish will come true. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree that American scouts and SAKs are essentially the same pattern, and I like both. :cool::)
You're probably right about the Vic can opener's superiority because of screw driver capability, but I happened to open a can of dog food Friday with the Imperial BSA scout, and that "hook" worked great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on your new customs! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Sounds like you're having a fantastic time meeting folks at Blade! :)

Harvey and Bruce, thanks for the Alox comments. :) I have to admit that I have the dread disease Alox Pox, although my symptoms are not yet as obvious as @Frailer's!! :eek::thumbsup::cool: Impressive selection of orange Alox!
Bruce, I hope the fishing was fun. I have a Vic Electrician just like yours, and I'm always undecided whether the Electrician or the Farmer is my favorite Alox SAK. :rolleyes:

Jeff, that Wenger Canyon looks almost equivalent to a Vic Tinker, a favorite of mine. :cool::thumbsup::cool: The small clip on yours is an interesting variation. And you're probably right about Alox. As far as functionality is concerned, the aluminum covers don't justify the added expense. :( They sure do look (and feel) nice, though! ;)

It's all a matter of personal choice, of course. I'm sure GECs are perfect for lots of folks, they just don't happen to fit the knife budget I set for myself.

Das sind drei sehr schöne alte Messer, Nicolas! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, Dwight, you seem to have at least one of almost everything!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

:D:D Beer Garden of Eden is close enough! Boffo brace of Barlows, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Exquisite knife, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Dwight that navaja is fine as dandy line wine! :thumbsup::cool:;)

Thanks, Dean. :) I should add a lanyard to take advantage of that feature.

What a striking knife, Dean; glad you like it as much as I like mine! :):thumbsup::cool:

Compelling shot of a classy knife, Harvey! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What is the background?

Congrats on the Buck 55! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is a 55 half the size of a 110?? ;)

- GT
Thank you GT. The background is an extreme closeup portion of a Traffic Signals cover, earlier in the day when it was sunnier.:)
EE393F60-485F-47C2-918E-191982CB5D7D_zpsbnfxjzst.jpeg

Back