What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Looks like a productive day fishing.
    Better than me, I got skunked but still had some fun.

2. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
  3. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Just laying around the house and taking it easy today on a Day That Ends In A " Y " .
    Lots of good stuff here .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

jwb01, zolthar, Pinemoon and 35 others like this.
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Ron, and I wish you (and everyone else on The Porch) a wonderful weekend as well. :)
    That stag pair you carried yesterday makes me confident my wish will come true. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree that American scouts and SAKs are essentially the same pattern, and I like both. :cool::)
    You're probably right about the Vic can opener's superiority because of screw driver capability, but I happened to open a can of dog food Friday with the Imperial BSA scout, and that "hook" worked great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on your new customs! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Sounds like you're having a fantastic time meeting folks at Blade! :)

Harvey and Bruce, thanks for the Alox comments. :) I have to admit that I have the dread disease Alox Pox, although my symptoms are not yet as obvious as @Frailer's!! :eek::thumbsup::cool: Impressive selection of orange Alox!
    Bruce, I hope the fishing was fun. I have a Vic Electrician just like yours, and I'm always undecided whether the Electrician or the Farmer is my favorite Alox SAK. :rolleyes:

Jeff, that Wenger Canyon looks almost equivalent to a Vic Tinker, a favorite of mine. :cool::thumbsup::cool: The small clip on yours is an interesting variation. And you're probably right about Alox. As far as functionality is concerned, the aluminum covers don't justify the added expense. :( They sure do look (and feel) nice, though! ;)

It's all a matter of personal choice, of course. I'm sure GECs are perfect for lots of folks, they just don't happen to fit the knife budget I set for myself.

Das sind drei sehr schöne alte Messer, Nicolas! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, Dwight, you seem to have at least one of almost everything!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

:D:D Beer Garden of Eden is close enough! Boffo brace of Barlows, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Exquisite knife, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Dwight that navaja is fine as dandy line wine! :thumbsup::cool:;)

Thanks, Dean. :) I should add a lanyard to take advantage of that feature.

What a striking knife, Dean; glad you like it as much as I like mine! :):thumbsup::cool:

Compelling shot of a classy knife, Harvey! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What is the background?

Congrats on the Buck 55! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is a 55 half the size of a 110?? ;)

- GT

5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Little in size, gigantic in appeal, Nick!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry and Alan, those wire frame Schrades are intriguing! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the link to the pics of your impressive collection, Alan!

That IS a Spanish beauty, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Did you go to San Antonio to beat the heat on the coast? I saw some brutal temps down there! :eek:

Kudos for making the trade, John, and congrats to @MJ71 on getting a knife you were after! :thumbsup::cool::cool::)

Guten Morgen, Dave; classic knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I need to track down an Ankermesser some day before I join the merchant marines. ;)

Formidable foursome, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What a PAL, Steve! Crinkly bone!! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I'm awed that you could pull that off, Gev!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I can hardly wait for the movie! :D

I hope Boston is singing the Blues when it's all over, Tom! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sensational senator, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What flashlight model is that?

Striking sleeveboard pen, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here are my four that are always with me:
    2018.11.EDC.natural.jpg

- GT

6. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you my friend! :D Well done, it looks like you had a great day :) :thumbsup:

dc50, Old Hunter and TFBraden like this.
  7. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
  8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Actually, it's usually hotter in San Antonio. My weather app indicates it's 94 now (5:00 pm) here in Corpus Christi, but it's 98 in San Antonio. It's also drier and less windy in SA. Hey, but I'm used to it! I really wouldn't want to live anywhere but Texas.

9. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks, I'm really loving it so far.
    It's not, but that's kind of what they want to convey. ( It is probably about 50% of the weight though ).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    dc50 likes this.
  10. MJ71

MJ71

Mar 18, 2016
    Thanks John. It arrived in a very nicely polished conditioned. That patina is from slicing a meal of beef cheeks cooked on a fire in the outback. Will be taking very good care of the knife. MJ.

dc50 and JohnDF like this.
  11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :thumbsup: :)

12. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary.

Thank you, Gary. It is always good to see your ubiquitous knife quartet.

13. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
  14. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @5K Qs
    You're welcome. The wire jacks qualify as minimalism to the extreme.

15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    :)

dc50 likes this.
  16. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    The Dogwood is in full bloom with an 82 in the pocket.

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, jwb01, zolthar and 29 others like this.
  17. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you GT. The background is an extreme closeup portion of a Traffic Signals cover, earlier in the day when it was sunnier.:)
    [​IMG]

18. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Picked up this beautiful little vest Bowie from Evan Miller (@millere ). 80crv2 flat ground to zero and parkerized, Elforyn and black micarta:D

[​IMG]

~Chip

jwb01, Duckdog, Pinemoon and 21 others like this.
  19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You know, I don't know why I haven't gotten one of those. If beauty is first defined by functionality, that is beautiful indeed.

Alox? Pfft!:D

Duckdog and specgrade like this.
  20. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks Gev and Gary!