1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    Thank you for your answer Stuart, a very interesting story!

Duckdog likes this.
  2. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Looking good Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Vince :thumbsup:

Toting the Brothers Barlow again today ;) Have a great day folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Nice-looking Parker!

5. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Buck 302 today with a Tinker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

Pinemoon, JJ Cahill, kai76 and 20 others like this.
  7. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    684479E8-9F50-457E-8075-BEE93DE28125.jpeg Checking out the kale with these guys.

8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Scott J. and tmd_87 like this.
  9. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Happy Thursday Everybody
    New knives come and go, but the Rosewood Lamb remains constant.
    [​IMG]

10. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    IMG_9525-01-800x741~2.jpeg

11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_7719.jpeg

12. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I am the stars, I am the space, I am the dust.....I exist in all that exists

[​IMG]

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment Stuart! That’s a great bit of info about Queen and their use of various steels. Just a bit of information that some here may not know. The building that houses Great Eastern Cutlery was once the lab of Cyclops Steel Company. GEC uses the Cyclops Steel Works stamp on their 440C stainless steel models. Here’s a couple of photos for reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful Dylan! :thumbsup: A pair that is not only stunning to look at, but extremely versatile with the blade choices you have! :)

Harvey, that’s a great photo of your AC! :thumbsup: Yours has some beautiful Stag! :thumbsup: Come to think of it, they are all beauties! :cool:

I’m carrying two today. I have a favorite Case Copperhead in Tru Sharp that kept me company while I enjoyed my last cup of coffee for the morning and my Ebony ‘18 Guardians Lambsfoot. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  14. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Totin' a Utica Kutmaster today

[​IMG]

15. Scott J.

Scott J.

Jun 8, 2019
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I was at Bass Pro yesterday......so this is what I'm carrying today.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  16. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    One of those Parkers will be sent out to a new home soon;)

17. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I modded this SwissChamp last night with olive drab G-10 covers. It rides on my belt today. Vic Classic and GEC Oregon Trapper in my pockets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Listened to this at breakfast yesterday. Made me teary-eyed from laughing. :p:thumbsup::cool:

This boy likes that knife, Nick! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I see why it inspired Stuart!
    Wondrous wood on your Miller Bros., Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I've seen some marvelous old Miller Bros knives here, so I thought I'd try a Frost version that uses that name. It arrived last week and I'm sad (but not very surprised) that it turned out to be less than mediocre. :(

Couple of classics, @JJ Cahill! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good to hear! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I think of the Vic Electrician as the SAK punch stockman, with spear (instead of clip), sheep, and punch, plus bottle opener.

Thanks, I think, Jeff. ;):thumbsup: Were you wowed by the three anchor-shield folders, or by the blank-eyed hedgehog? :rolleyes:

That's a nice big/small pair! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What are the model numbers? (Is the small one an 18OT?)

I don't think it's sad that you start missing work. I think it's fantastic that you have a job you enjoy that much! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dave. :) Although they have anchors on them, they're made by Cannon, not Otter; good solid knives, though, and no regrets about getting them. :cool:
    I didn't even know what a canoe pattern was 6 years ago, and now I have dozens of them! :eek::thumbsup::cool:

I've heard of beach totes, but I'm sure I like your beach Totem better, Dave! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the info on your amber bone stockman, Vince; I guess I never noticed it before. :thumbsup::cool:
    It's been quite a while since I read Ritter's book, but I enjoyed it, and it shows up on lots of "Top 10 Baseball Books" lists, not just Barber's. Ryan was a Unicorn! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I'm not a Mason, but I like the square and dividers/compass (and letter "G" :rolleyes:) in the Masonic logo, and I've lately developed a huge empathy for the "In Search of More Light" motto.

Thanks for the ID, Nick. :) And thanks for your interest in the Okapi; I really like the "external spring".

Dynamite red/black pairing, Del! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very handsome covers on both knives, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Jack Black, JJ Cahill, kai76 and 9 others like this.
  19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the Colt Canoe support, John & Dean & Dwight. :) I have several Colt stag patterns, and they're all top-notch IMHO.

Certainly one of my favorites of your Barlows, Dean, and the bucolic background makes for an idyllic photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Holy Mound of Her Majesties, Stuart!!! :eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks for the canoe comments. :) The green pick bone H&R is certainly a gem; thanks!

Woo Hoo! World-class Wednesday wood, John & David & Dylan & Dave & Taylor

W:eek:W!! That IS an unexpected weight difference! Thanks for checking. :cool::thumbsup:

Congrats (and Gloria), Tom; I hope the Blues reserve a seat for you and your team-colored knife trios in the victory parade!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D:cool:

Thanks, Harvey. :) Speaking of beautiful, that photo of your AC is achingly, indescribably, sensational! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Got any beach knife "tips" for the rest of us, Nick? ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Paul, that half-congress is really a looker! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Lovely euro-pair, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You build some dynamic duos, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

JJ Cahill, kai76, Fodderwing and 8 others like this.
  20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :)