1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    You are very welcome Taylor . I was happy to see that you got one after you had been asking about them . I think that it is good that a young guy gets hold of some of those old patterns too . I was happy to see that you had not yet worn the jigging smooth from all the CFing . :)

Harry

2. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I'm very excited to have one! I can't put it down!

Prester John likes this.
  3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Great pic, Rachel!
    Not sure when you came to Texas, but I was born about a mile from the first Whataburger, ten years after they started. I've eaten there hundreds of times. Literally. I remember when my father used to order "Sissy Burgers": with mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato (the bland flavours!). [You won't see that on the menu nowadays!] I've always loved mustard, and have never had to ask for extra mustard at Whataburger. No other restaurant puts enough mustard. Their headquarters used to be here, but they moved to San Antonio a while ago (20 years?), which makes sense. I just hope the changes will not be drastic.

4. Axle1969

Axle1969

May 26, 2019
    Hi All, Finally figured out how to post images. I am a bit of a computer numpty. Just these two today. Enjoying this forum guys. Cheers.
    [​IMG]

Pinemoon, Old Hunter, HST and 29 others like this.
  5. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Nice! And welcome to BF!

6. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    @Amir Fleschwund Thanks! The Scout/Camp pattern is one of my favorites! BTW, I consider you a good influence:thumbsup: Sweet Elk Antler covers on your 2 beauties today!

I'm going a bit more "pocket friendly" with an old Kutmaster Jr. Scout and a late model C. Johnson & Co Sheffield (c.1830-1953) Barlow :)
    [​IMG]

7. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I'm late with the compliments, week-end get's in the way of Forum watching :D

But who could decide with that quality? Well, I would opt with the Farmer's Jack as it's such an unusual pattern, yet useful carry. Lyle and Mr C put out the best SFO with that one- so far of course;) I'm very fortunate to have a selection of them and a nice Tidioute in Camelbone too. Lyle made a thread on these magnificent oddities and it's a reference point for me.:cool:

Thanks, Will

Laurelbb and tmd_87 like this.
  8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    This has become my favourite Stockman and after adjustment-lowering the Sheepfoot, it's sleek and gaining patina:cool: The Bulleit is no longer available here:( Pity as I liked it, even though expensive about 45USD in your money..

Enjoy the day wherever you are, whoever you are:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

9. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
    Thank you Sir! For the comments.

Amir Fleschwund likes this.
  10. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Foraging for breakfast.
    [​IMG]

11. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you so much. :)
    I came to Texas at age 12, but didn't discover Whataburger until moving to Austin in the 80s. I sure hope they don't change anything, especially the custom of coming around with the "condiment" tray, offering your choice of ketchups. :D (they still have a 'sissy burger' at a few other places in town, but you won't catch me ordering it. Not because of the name, but because mayonnaise on meat is an abomination.)
    A picture for old time's sake:
    [​IMG]

12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Happy Father’s Day!
    D64ADE86-5933-46A1-9154-726F85FE764A.jpeg

Attached Files:

peanutsxx, WHT, Pinemoon and 24 others like this.
  13. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @Peregrin
    Same old wonderful Gary.
    @waynorth
    Here's hoping this holiday and all others going forward is special Charlie. These beads have powerful medicine. IMG_0171-847x689.JPG

Pinemoon, Old Hunter, HST and 25 others like this.
  14. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    This remarkable little knife wanted to ride in my pocket today.

564CEA1F-611D-44B2-A1E2-DC3C974C4CF2.jpeg

peanutsxx, Old Hunter, HST and 22 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning and Happy Father's Day
    [​IMG]

16. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Possibly my personal favorites out of your collection, Ron. :thumbsup:

881Y and a TL-29 is a powerful opening move.
    Just great all around knives!

Thank you, my friend!
    And today’s pair is quite nice!!!

I have a problem. I get up in the morning and poke through the cigar boxes until I’ve made my pocket knife choice(es). Then I come on here and start thinking “I have one of those, and it sure looks good. Maybe I should be totin that one today”. The Schrade and Camillus shown by Axle1969, and that Case redbone @Half/Stop Ron showed yesterday, for example.
    After seeing some of these pics, I start second guessing my choices.

I’ve chosen these, and will tote ‘em. Maybe add a little fixed blade for tending something tasty on the smoker for fathers day;) 2FBEE98D-7EA5-447A-AC22-BF638395AE41.jpeg

17. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks! It's a great knife. When they do another run I'm gonna have to scoop em up!

Will Power likes this.
  18. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Happy Fathers' Day to all the other dads out there. Giving my dad his Case tribal in burnt amber bone (beautiful knife BTW) today, so my whiskey bone tribal is in my pocket.

[​IMG]006 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Old Hunter, HST, zolthar and 20 others like this.
  19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Will, I can see why it’s become a favorite, that’s a good looking knife!

Will Power likes this.