What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Harry, it's a great knife. I am so pleased with it. Very useful blades as well.

Thanks!
You are very welcome Taylor . I was happy to see that you got one after you had been asking about them . I think that it is good that a young guy gets hold of some of those old patterns too . I was happy to see that you had not yet worn the jigging smooth from all the CFing . :)

Harry

You are very welcome Taylor . I was happy to see that you got one after you had been asking about them . I think that it is good that a young guy gets hold of some of those old patterns too . I was happy to see that you had not yet worn the jigging smooth from all the CFing . :)

Harry
I'm very excited to have one! I can't put it down!

Thanks, I thought it sounded wrong. :confused: I do need to go there soon, just in case they change.

Went a bit more upscale today:
0Enfk3F.jpg
Great pic, Rachel!
Not sure when you came to Texas, but I was born about a mile from the first Whataburger, ten years after they started. I've eaten there hundreds of times. Literally. I remember when my father used to order "Sissy Burgers": with mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato (the bland flavours!). [You won't see that on the menu nowadays!] I've always loved mustard, and have never had to ask for extra mustard at Whataburger. No other restaurant puts enough mustard. Their headquarters used to be here, but they moved to San Antonio a while ago (20 years?), which makes sense. I just hope the changes will not be drastic.

I'm late with the compliments, week-end get's in the way of Forum watching :D

But who could decide with that quality? Well, I would opt with the Farmer's Jack as it's such an unusual pattern, yet useful carry. Lyle and Mr C put out the best SFO with that one- so far of course;) I'm very fortunate to have a selection of them and a nice Tidioute in Camelbone too. Lyle made a thread on these magnificent oddities and it's a reference point for me.:cool:

Thanks, Will

This has become my favourite Stockman and after adjustment-lowering the Sheepfoot, it's sleek and gaining patina:cool: The Bulleit is no longer available here:( Pity as I liked it, even though expensive about 45USD in your money..

Enjoy the day wherever you are, whoever you are:thumbsup:

PwJtfAp.jpg

Good taste in at least two things from what I can see!

Nice to be named as a GOOD influence, but the 43 pretty much recommends itself. Fine piece of cutlery!
And I’m digging your collection of old utility and camp knives.

@Duckdog~ thank you!
Don’t think I’ve had a bad Schrade Walden. As for the genuine imitation woodgrain delrin... :D

Genuine delrin was too hard to find, so I had to settle for elk antler.View attachment 1145223Actually, I kid. Almost anything looks better than delrin, but it is tough as hell and is a fine working knife material.

Thank you Sir! For the comments.

r8shell: I really like seeing your knives with the scrimshaw-adorned scales. Thanks for sharing them!
Thank you so much. :)
Great pic, Rachel!
Not sure when you came to Texas, but I was born about a mile from the first Whataburger, ten years after they started. I've eaten there hundreds of times. Literally. I remember when my father used to order "Sissy Burgers": with mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato (the bland flavours!). [You won't see that on the menu nowadays!] I've always loved mustard, and have never had to ask for extra mustard at Whataburger. No other restaurant puts enough mustard. Their headquarters used to be here, but they moved to San Antonio a while ago (20 years?), which makes sense. I just hope the changes will not be drastic.
I came to Texas at age 12, but didn't discover Whataburger until moving to Austin in the 80s. I sure hope they don't change anything, especially the custom of coming around with the "condiment" tray, offering your choice of ketchups. :D (they still have a 'sissy burger' at a few other places in town, but you won't catch me ordering it. Not because of the name, but because mayonnaise on meat is an abomination.)
A picture for old time's sake:
TYf3a2f.jpg

Thanks Jack! :) I actually thought I would carry the same combination again today! :D

A 1970 Case Barlow and a Wright’s medium Lambsfoot in the pocket today! :D

43296146541_6dd9e11288_b_d.jpg
Possibly my personal favorites out of your collection, Ron. :thumbsup:

Hi All, Finally figured out how to post images. I am a bit of a computer numpty. Just these two today. Enjoying this forum guys. Cheers.
3l2DvkF.jpg
881Y and a TL-29 is a powerful opening move.
Just great all around knives!

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund Thanks! The Scout/Camp pattern is one of my favorites! BTW, I consider you a good influence:thumbsup: Sweet Elk Antler covers on your 2 beauties today!

I'm going a bit more "pocket friendly" with an old Kutmaster Jr. Scout and a late model C. Johnson & Co Sheffield (c.1830-1953) Barlow :)
Thank you, my friend!
And today’s pair is quite nice!!!

I have a problem. I get up in the morning and poke through the cigar boxes until I’ve made my pocket knife choice(es). Then I come on here and start thinking “I have one of those, and it sure looks good. Maybe I should be totin that one today”. The Schrade and Camillus shown by Axle1969, and that Case redbone @Half/Stop Ron showed yesterday, for example.
After seeing some of these pics, I start second guessing my choices.

I’ve chosen these, and will tote ‘em. Maybe add a little fixed blade for tending something tasty on the smoker for fathers day;)View attachment 1145709

Harry
I'm late with the compliments, week-end get's in the way of Forum watching :D

But who could decide with that quality? Well, I would opt with the Farmer's Jack as it's such an unusual pattern, yet useful carry. Lyle and Mr C put out the best SFO with that one- so far of course;) I'm very fortunate to have a selection of them and a nice Tidioute in Camelbone too. Lyle made a thread on these magnificent oddities and it's a reference point for me.:cool:

Thanks, Will
Thanks! It's a great knife. When they do another run I'm gonna have to scoop em up!

This has become my favourite Stockman and after adjustment-lowering the Sheepfoot, it's sleek and gaining patina:cool: The Bulleit is no longer available here:( Pity as I liked it, even though expensive about 45USD in your money..

Enjoy the day wherever you are, whoever you are:thumbsup:

PwJtfAp.jpg

Will, I can see why it’s become a favorite, that’s a good looking knife!

Back