What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A true one handed traditional (at least the main blade;))

20190615_071119.jpg

20190615_071051.jpg

SmartSelect_20190609-085117_Gallery.gif

~Chip

Last edited:
Hi Fellas,

Since the days are warming up I’ve started to pare down all the gear I tote around in my pockets to lighten up my “pack.” Part of that is swapping my regular pocket knife with the Buck 305 “Lancer” my dad gave to me when I was a kid, around 1972. It was his knife originally. He no longer with us, and being nice and light, plus with Father’s Day tomorrow it just felt right to return to carrying it. It still amazes me how handy that little knife is.

Have a good Saturday!

Jeff

Heading out to see my oldest daughter graduate from Eastern Washington University tomorrow. Then it is on to Montana to see my granddad, who if he is still alive by then, will be 102 in August. I have a Victorinox Swiss Army knife in the car, as always but I’m going to take the 66 with me for the entire trip.

29-E57538-6-ADD-4183-B4-B4-2791-C8-E46001.jpg
Congrats to you and yours for the milestones! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like an excellent journey to start on Father's Day weekend!

That's a zesty little pen knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Tempted by the titillating toothpicks recently released from Titusville and posted in this thread, I promptly went downstairs to the knife piles and pocketed this Queen City pair for today's toothsome twosome tote.
KxMxcRs.jpg

Only the larger one (1925-1932) is from the original Queen City era; the smaller one is from 2016.

- Stuart
Those two toothpicks are too terrific, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm Boisterously Beholden, GT. :)
:):thumbsup:

Continuing with my Lamb and Barlow pairings today. Blade shape redundancy... But I lack a black clad Barlow with a different blade shape. Makes for a devilishly handsome pair, all the same.

6BOfn6X.jpg
Dazzling dark duo, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Is there anything better than Friday Morning with Knives, Coffee & a Tasty Breakfast?

Yes there is! The 1st day of V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N :D:D:D

ECOl2ZD.jpg
I hope your vacation exceeds your high expectation, Del! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

New arrival! And in my pocket while I'm "gardening"....;)
View attachment 1144831
Congrats on that Farmer's jack, Taylor; incredible bone! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That is another special stag by RR, Gary!
Thanks, Dean. :) I'm very fortunate that @black mamba was willing to part with them, especially since they came out before I even knew RR existed. :thumbsup:;)

Today is Flag Day in the U.S. and also the birthday of the U.S. Army. These seemed appropriate.

Well-chosen combo, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Notable pair of Buck lockbacks! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That is quite a showboat, GT. There's a lot going on for such a small package. Delightful, actually.
- Stuart
Thanks for noticing, Stuart. :) The pearl is 4 5/8" closed, so not such a small package. :rolleyes:

I think I know why 5K Qs 5K Qs wears suspenders!
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Utility, Vince!

Whale of a knife combo, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Cadet or Pioneer? My first Alox just arrived a moment ago, a dark green Pioneer. I've had countless plastic covered SAKs but these are clearly on another level.
Congrats on the Alox! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: For me, that first Alox was love at first touch! :thumbsup:;)

Thanks professor, I was curious of its whereabouts. I suppose all good things come to an end. Glad to see a new one has begun tho
The GAW you started certainly had a great run! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Probably got up to near 20 rounds?

Thank you Sir. Your Rough Riders are smooth as silk.
Thanks, Harvey. :)

Thanks GT! We have had very nice "easy livin'" so far this summer. The humidity hasn't reared its ugly head yet. :eek:
Beautiful ebony lamb GT.

Wow! That is a fancy rig. Looks like a Mardi Gras float! :cool:
Thanks for the props for my ebony lamb and my new pearl gunboat, Dwight. :) Glad the humidity hasn't come up yet; we've been cooler and wetter than normal so far.

Splendid pic of your Buck Forum knife, with top-notch stag!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: How do you like that no-frills throwback sharpening stone in the pic? :rolleyes:

For Saturday:
WESCTHM.jpg

Rosewood lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son Ltd, Sheffield, England; and:
U33OYIA.jpg

Amber bone trapper from W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co., Bradford, Pennsylvania, USA.
Much more than adequate choices, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great line-up GT :) :thumbsup:
Here's me today...

Lambsfoot Barlow for work :rolleyes:

ijZZwQ3.jpg

Vendetta for play! :D ;) :thumbsup:

kW4l0tt.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
We know that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so it's wise that you've chosen a pair that helps you stay sharp! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today it's these. A #18 Camillus Jack and a 1081 Kabar Stockman.
uQlXNYu.jpg

L6oSOTX.jpg

9cpOscZ.jpg
Distinguished duo, and the lines of that Kabar stockman are especially lovely!! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (But WHY do they leave the sheep tip so proud??)

GEC #14 in Ebony and A Wright Lambsfoot in African Rosewood
Tremendous timber twosome, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That's my kind of Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Hi Fellas,

Since the days are warming up I’ve started to pare down all the gear I tote around in my pockets to lighten up my “pack.” Part of that is swapping my regular pocket knife with the Buck 305 “Lancer” my dad gave to me when I was a kid, around 1972. It was his knife originally. He no longer with us, and being nice and light, plus with Father’s Day tomorrow it just felt right to return to carrying it. It still amazes me how handy that little knife is.

Have a good Saturday!

Jeff
That's wonderful that you still have it. Those Buck Lancers are great, especially the old Camillus made ones.:cool::cool:
Whale of a knife combo, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup: maybe I'll order the What-a-Fish sandwich at What-a-Burger.

I think I know what kind of work you have planned, but I'm worried about what you have in mind for play. :eek: :D

Stag and stainless for knife...... Nickel and carbon for Sheffield pipe tool...

View attachment 1145220

Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

GEC #14 in Ebony and A Wright Lambsfoot in African Rosewood

Lovely wood combination John :thumbsup:

Good Morning! carrying an ebony lambsfoot for Fathers Day. :D
View attachment 1145229

Great pic Dave :thumbsup:

How could I just let you walk away
Leave without a trace
As I stood here taking every breath with you

You're the only one
Who really knew me at all

46884207384_0036a42cb1_k.jpg

Beautiful photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

My internet connection decided to start acting up, so I can't see everyone's pics :(

Thanks Jack! :) I actually thought I would carry the same combination again today! :D

A 1970 Case Barlow and a Wright’s medium Lambsfoot in the pocket today! :D

43296146541_6dd9e11288_b_d.jpg

Good idea Ron, they look great :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)
We know that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so it's wise that you've chosen a pair that helps you stay sharp! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's making me exhausted Gary! o_O I've knocked off for the evening now, so I'm going to drink some wine and eat olives with my Vendetta! :D :thumbsup:

Back