What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

sUIpAS2.jpg

I really like tote'n these together, both redbone and both single spring. Both slightly older than me

Genuine delrin was too hard to find, so I had to settle for elk antler.View attachment 1145223Actually, I kid. Almost anything looks better than delrin, but it is tough as hell and is a fine working knife material.
Excellent elk pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A 1970 Case Barlow and a Wright’s medium Lambsfoot in the pocket today! :D

43296146541_6dd9e11288_b_d.jpg
Delightful duo, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hi Fellas,

Since the days are warming up I’ve started to pare down all the gear I tote around in my pockets to lighten up my “pack.” Part of that is swapping my regular pocket knife with the Buck 305 “Lancer” my dad gave to me when I was a kid, around 1972. It was his knife originally. He no longer with us, and being nice and light, plus with Father’s Day tomorrow it just felt right to return to carrying it. It still amazes me how handy that little knife is.

Have a good Saturday!

Jeff
Admirable tribute to your dad, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT.
The GEC #14 is my favorite watch pocket knife.
The Rosewood Lamb is my favorite knife, period.
Quite a testimonial, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today's tote.

Delightful knife, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Couldn't go wrong, whatever you decide, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

It's making me exhausted Gary! o_O I've knocked off for the evening now, so I'm going to drink some wine and eat olives with my Vendetta! :D :thumbsup:
Sounds like you deserve that treat, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you GT. I really like the Buck Forum knife, so much that it normally lives on my coffee table.

For me, the stone is a picture prop only. It’s definitely no-frills, but I would probably destroy a decent edge with it. I have used a Sharpmaker for years with good results.

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads here on the Porch.
Thanks for the reply @JB in LV! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Haha, thanks Gary.
I'm not too old enough yet. ;)
Knife photography - better than Pilates! :D:thumbsup:

Today with one of these GEC # 25 in Stag.;):thumbsup:

w1e5gl.jpg
Outstanding couple of stag 25s, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

This one all day.
1SJaZb5.jpg
Lovely lambsfoot (and photo thereof), Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hi All, Finally figured out how to post images. I am a bit of a computer numpty. Just these two today. Enjoying this forum guys. Cheers.
3l2DvkF.jpg
Iconic pair of folders, @Axle1969! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Welcome to The Porch! :):thumbsup:

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads, and I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Carrying the Barlow Brothers again today ;) :thumbsup:

YEIjKP8.jpg

HRl8Qst.jpg
Beguiling brace of Barlows, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Will carry this today .

Harry
That one gleams, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Did fathers day fishing yesterday with my Son and Grand Son. :)
View attachment 1145756
Wondrous white knife, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Great that you could do some multi-generational fishing! ;):cool::cool:

This one today ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
That jigging must bring some jubilation, Gary! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

View attachment 1145824 Thinking of the old man today,He was a WW 2 veteran and a great man.
Tremendous Father's Day tribute, @teddy1093! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

My quotidian quartet:
2018.11.EDC.flash.jpg

Happy Father's Day to all, and to all a good night! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

I'm carrying a GEC Buffalo Jack (441218) Northfield with cocobolo handle. I love this model. Can someone tell me how to post pictures?

Jack

There are other ways, Jack, but I do it the easiest way I know how.
Take the shot on your phone. Edit the photo, being sure to downsize it. 3/4, or 5/7 works. If you don't do this, you will likely get an error message saying the photo was too large.

When you start a post on BF, you will see the highlighted command, "UPLOAD A FILE". Click that, select photo library, select Camera roll, when you see your pic, touch it and a check mark will appear on it. Press DONE up in the top right corner. The Forum software will begin to download your selected photo from your phone. When it's done, you will be able to upload it into your post by clicking on FULL IMAGE.

All this is using an Iphone - other, inferior, :D phones may have different details, but will ultimately work about the same.

I am not sure if you can access this file uploading feature without having a certain level of membership, but perhaps our moderator, Peregrin Peregrin can verify that.

You can read about that at the top of the page under PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS. I believe uploading photos falls under "media sharing".
Good luck, Jack!

Beautiful image Dan. What is that incredible red flower?

It's a big poppy.
We were visiting "Upper Canada Village", a historical village depicting life as it was in the mid 1800's in eastern Ontario when I saw it in the garden of one of the houses.
My mother said that in Spanish is called "Amapola".
While visiting the village I thought my Farmer was way too modern for everything around me. I wished i would have had something really old to match it.

Spent Fathers Day with my oldest daughter and we took my GEC/CC Rope Knife on a fieldtrip to the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park (after a couple Irish Coffees at the Buena Vista Café...it was a classic foggy SF morning after all). Hyde Street Pier is lined with various historical vessels and we toured them all. A wonderful day.

From the rail of the ferry boat Eureka with the Balclutha in the background....Golden Gate Bridge in far background and the Pacific beyond.
I2wbkCX.jpg

On the tug Hercules

oyjypgj.jpg

I'm carrying a GEC Buffalo Jack (441218) Northfield with cocobolo handle. I love this model. Can someone tell me how to post pictures?

Jack

I am not sure if you can access this file uploading feature without having a certain level of membership, but perhaps our moderator, Peregrin Peregrin can verify that.

I believe this is correct. I use imgur myself, as do many. Upload your pics, choose hidden as opposed to posting to imgur, copy the BBCode and paste into your text box. Works well with PC and my Android devices, using the imgur app.

There are also a number of threads on posting photos in the Tech Support sub-forum, https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/tech-support-general-q-a-site-feedback-more.679/.

Back