What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gary, there was a time when I was the only Jeff around here. Now, there are so many Jeffs on the porch,
that sometimes I forget who I am! :confused:
:D:D

Found it on eBay, a mistake on the sellers part led me to believe I was getting more than one but I like the knife and payed a reasonable price so I decided not to request a refund.

It's a Sabre USA , My guess is Schrade as it looks just like their 708 but Camillus may be a good suspect as well.
Thanks for the ID. :):thumbsup:

Thanks GT, red & black do look right together. The Pioneer is Vic's annual color for 2018, quite unique and growing on me more each day. Hope you are having good Sunday.
Thanks, James. :)

Nice knife to tote on Sunday:
9Qw4I3p.jpg

From @ArtesaniaHerreros, Albacete, España.
Nirvana with a navaja, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup: to your EDF (everyday foursome).
Thanks, Dean. :)

I'm starting a week of redbone with this Blood Red bone TC.

Another red bone, Case Stockman

I'm looking forward to your theme for the week, Dean. Two snazzy shades of red already! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I think it'll be getting carried for a while GT :) I love seeing those knives together :) :thumbsup:
I suspect MANY of us love seeing that pair together, Jack! ;):cool::cool:

Thank you. Happy to make you laugh, GT. Good looking knife EDC you got there.
Thanks for saying so, Harvey! :)

Hangin out with a pal

46799052464_34ddfb4d87_k.jpg
I always enjoy your "money shots", Gev! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the compliment Gary! I’m honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dwight. I consider his photos to be top notch. I suspect that like myself Dwight takes most of his photos outside. What I consider my best photos are always taken on my back deck. I usually try for the time right before sunrise. :)
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, Ron. :):thumbsup::cool: I always have my point-n-shoot set on AUTO mode, so if I tried shots before sunrise, it would nag me with "Raise the Flash". I'm going to have to learn about f-stops and ISO and shutter speeds and how to change them intentionally, I think, to take the next step to better knife photos! :eek::rolleyes:

Thanks GT! Yes Pujols was well received Friday night, the baseball fans here are a cordial bunch. I am still celebrating our Stanley Cup victory, I am an admitted bandwagon Cardinals fan :)

My blue Pioneer X was helping me on rib duty today, they turned out pretty good.

pX3wvxa.jpg
I'm only 4 hours past breakfast, but the ribs and potato salad are looking REAL appetizing, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm impressed that you color-coordinated your knife and plate! ;)

Awfully late and way behind today.
I went with these two eminently totable jacks today, had a loooonng, but enjoyable day with my wife’s maternal side of her family, and time to wind down in the hotel room with an unplugged guitar.View attachment 1150109
Grand grain on that Camillus, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the nice comments. I toted both of the #27s and used the single blade one twice (slow day). Good memory, GT, as I do have such a box, though not quite brimming:

wX57GyH.jpg

- Stuart
Good to see that treasure chest again, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Maybe my eyes, rather than the box itself, were brimming as I gazed in wonder at the contents! ;):thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks GT! I really like the GEC Calf & Pen as it has the 2 very different yet highly usable blade shape (nicely ground, too) combined with a flathead driver on the extended liner. After i received this 35 it became my daily carry for a couple months :)

The thing I greatly enjoy about traditional knives is they not only carry a history, in one form or another, they also elicit memories. That's true with the 2 for today: The 1964 Imperial .milK reminds me of the many friends and mentors that served as advisors in SE Asia during the late 50's through the 1960's. The 44 gunstock, being a stout little knife that could also be considered a bit loud, reminds me of the XM177 iterations prior to the M4 ;)

Thanks for the mini-review of your Calf Pen, JJ. :)
Great old Imperial/new Northfield combo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That looks long, lean, and lovely, @Travman! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

WW2 Navy Utility today

VuMYxlq.jpg
For me, that's a quintessential jack knife pattern, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Harvey, that pair has matching stag that dreams are made of! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Splendid fiery color!

I'm totin' a younger pair today than I normally do (because I'm too lazy to go downstairs and pick an elder representative). ...
I was taking pictures under duress, as Loki was anxious o get on with our morning walk and couldn't abide my delay.

yFCEpQ1.jpg

- Stuart
Obviously, Stuart, you need to teach Loki to fetch your knives for you each day!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start :) Rosewood and ebony for me today :thumbsup:

WBmxBbD.jpg

ZMkBH3F.jpg
You're starting the week "in the dark woods", Jack, but I'm sure you'll survive, and even thrive! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Midday switcheroo! Scored this gorgeous ebony #35 in a trade. Gonna go with it this week.
View attachment 1150419
Congrats on the ebony Churchill, Jason!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: IMHO, that's one of the most desirable GECs out there!

Yard carries today were a couple of Camillus, a Schrade/Imperial, and a Buck....
Classics IV!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1150455 Cold pizza from last night at a Minnesota rest stop.:D
IMHO, it doesn't get much better than that, Jeff! ;):cool::cool:

Carrying all 3 may be a bit ambitious, but the pocket organizer I tossed together freed up my watch Pocket where the Texas jack is now comfortably riding.
The little Sabre pen fits perfectly in the little gap between the two organizer pockets.
Do you usually carry your organizer in front pocket? Nice set-up! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today with two Case mini trapper!:cool::thumbsup:

ogazp2.jpg
29y1nhx.jpg
Two celebrated knives with 3 commendable blades, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The knife that caused me to forsake all others and empty my knife drawer? The Winchester #3949 Sowbelly Stockman. This one has been in my pocket — in this slip — since around November of 2015. It gets used daily around the farm and out in the woods. It does hard work and isn't babied, but it is taken care of like a quality tool should be.
hoOjYBr.jpg
I can certainly understand your well-stated position, @PythonDR! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'm a huge fan of the sowbelly stockman pattern, and although I've never had the Winchester version, it sure looks compelling!

- GT

I suspect MANY of us love seeing that pair together, Jack! ;):cool::cool:

I'm loving all the Lambsfoot love at the moment GT, some great pics here :) :thumbsup:

You're starting the week "in the dark woods", Jack, but I'm sure you'll survive, and even thrive! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

It has felt a bit like that these past few weeks my friend, but I'm hoping to see some light at the end of the metaphor-mixing tunnel soon ;) :thumbsup:

I like to carry a SAK or scout pattern with a small fixed blade or single blade folder, but today I am transporting a Super Tinker I sharpened, cleaned and oiled for a friend. So I will be down to just the Primble by the end of the day :).

I am a bit jealous of my friend, when I asked how he liked the Super Tinker, he said it was great and the only pocket knife he would ever need. I gave this knife to him a couple years ago. So he won’t be going through the research and vacillation over countless knives I have for years, this one model is all he needs or wants. Must be comforting in a way, albeit somewhat boring from my perspective :D

B319aPR.jpg

What a fine piece of stag clad cutlery!

What a glorious pair. Fantastic knives.

cigarrodog cigarrodog - Harvey a beautiful pair of stag beauties!

View attachment 1150912
Thank you Dwight. The light reflecting off your Waynorth Lamb, and its’ composition, makes for a serenely beautiful image.

joeradza joeradza Alan, never a false note in your images and choices in pocket Cutlery.

Been looking at Marlin Spiked Mariner knives. I came across this one from Sheffield. It’s a beast of a knife. The person who owned this must have been a professional “Old Salt.” A little up/down in the open position, but other than that, it’s brutally sharp, has crisp half stops, and centered. Definitely not a toy, and was used hard.

In my silly imagination, this is an image of the former owner,
E28B5665-52CC-495F-9027-F6F12D2AF23C.jpeg

72F8C4B5-922A-4CE6-9DBB-211F8D762FEB_zpsxhbdczey.jpeg

A67D59F7-DC75-414D-8DF0-0A523C30A613_zpsjvdpx6vd.jpeg

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, Ron. :):thumbsup::cool: I always have my point-n-shoot set on AUTO mode, so if I tried shots before sunrise, it would nag me with "Raise the Flash". I'm going to have to learn about f-stops and ISO and shutter speeds and how to change them intentionally, I think, to take the next step to better knife photos! :eek::rolleyes:
Your quite welcome for the suggestion’s Gary! :thumbsup: I’ve got a couple of Canon digital point and shoot and a Canon DSLR with all the bells, whistles and lenses. They haven’t seen the light of day in at least two years. All of the photos I post here are taken with my outdated Apple 6S phone. I just compose the photo in the screen and then press the little white button. ;) Then I adjust for being centered and resize them in my Image Size app. That’s about the extent of my photography skills! :D

Back