What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

What a glorious pair. Fantastic knives.
Thanks Dwight! Your image of the Waynorth Lambsfoot is Superb! :D

Thanks for the mini-review of your Calf Pen, JJ. :)
Great old Imperial/new Northfield combo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks GT! You have a great "Fab Four" lineup for today;)

That is a wonderful Puma! My father had one like that, but after he passed away I couldn't find it.

Thank you lambertiana! I can definitely relate... Very cool Buck today!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

gjOpMom.jpg

:D
Still using this 1, blades have a few marks on them now:D
mitch
IJD2Wq.jpg

Nice one Mitch.:thumbsup: Those Jumbo 6375s are one of the best value Traditionals around, I reckon. I use mine quite a bit.

Bczlrnk.jpg

idW35Se.jpg

Great-looking knife Harvey, congratulations :) For identification purposes, you really need to show crisp unfiltered photos, but that looks like Mulberry Cutlery Co. They were based on Mulberry Street in the centre of Sheffield, and established by a Swiss immigrant called Lewis Barnescone if I remember correctly. They did manufacture originally (under the Lewis Barnascone mark), but were mainly factors, and your knife was probably made by another Sheffield cutlery firm or a jobbing cutler. When Cambertree Cambertree visited Sheffield, his hotel was on Mulberry Street, and I gave him one of their knives (though I'm afraid it wasn't anywhere near as nice as that one) :thumbsup:

1PH1aU8.jpg

Thanks for the happy memory Jack.:) I treasure all those knives you gifted me, and often look them over, and think of their previous lives and who might have used them.

Nice find, Harvey.:cool:

I love seeing those knives which have been worn away with much use and sharpening over the years.

bbeQpT9.jpg

ocbULiD.jpg

What I especially enjoy about this one, is that it appears to have been carefully repaired over its lifetime with a different cover scale, and perhaps put back together with nails in place of the original pins.

We must seem like a mighty profligate lot, if any of those old boys who kept and cared for one knife for years and years could see how we change knives like Imelda Marcos changed shoes.:D

Also, when I showed it to my brother, he immediately quoted a bit of Pacino film dialogue we used to laugh about:

‘All over the Five Boroughs I’m known. Fuhgeddaboudit. All over the world I’m known. Anybody, ask anybody about Lefty...from Mulberry Street.’ LOL:D

(Embedded the clip from Donnie Brasco, but realised just before posting, it had a verboten word in it.;))

Your Hartshead is looking great, Jack.:thumbsup::cool:

:D

Nice one Mitch.:thumbsup: Those Jumbo 6375s are one of the best value Traditionals around, I reckon. I use mine quite a bit.

Bczlrnk.jpg

idW35Se.jpg

Thanks for the happy memory Jack.:) I treasure all those knives you gifted me, and often look them over, and think of their previous lives and who might have used them.

I love seeing those knives which have been worn away with much use and sharpening over the years.

bbeQpT9.jpg

ocbULiD.jpg

What I especially enjoy about this one, is that it appears to have been carefully repaired over its lifetime with a different cover scale, and perhaps put back together with nails in place of the original pins.

We must seem like a mighty profligate lot, if any of those old boys who kept and cared for one knife for years and years could see how we change knives like Imelda Marcos changed shoes.:D

Also, when I showed it to my brother, he immediately quoted a bit of Pacino film dialogue we used to laugh about:

‘All over the Five Boroughs I’m known. Fuhgeddaboudit. All over the world I’m known. Anybody, ask anybody about Lefty...from Mulberry Street.’ LOL:D

(Embedded the clip from Donnie Brasco, but realised just before posting, it had a verboten word in it.;))

Regarding the Case lg Stockman, and veteran users, I agree. Last Christmas, I received a gift certificate from a big sporting goods chain. I had hopes of buying that knife, but discovered they only carry the medium.

Regarding old users, well done sharpening and repairs tell a story and reflect well on the original owner. It makes me wish I could sit and visit with them.

Conversely, broken blades and blades “sharpened” on a bench grinder are just sad to see.

"SwissTank" again today, along with this tiny wooden Camillus. I found the Camillus in a small local gift shop, way back when Camillus was still manufacturing. The company name on the box is now long since forgotten, but it was apparently a small business that specialized in woodworking.

17UUFGSh.jpg

TzoaN3kh.jpg

Those two look great together Ron :) :thumbsup:

bbeQpT9.jpg

ocbULiD.jpg

Happy memories indeed my friend :) They certainly didn't throw much away back then did they? :) I think they'd think of us as crazy! :rolleyes: So you're not the only smart one in the family? Your brother has a good memory :) Thank you very much Chin :) :thumbsup:

I thought you'd enjoy this pic :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

jUpkSRg.jpg

"SwissTank" again today, along with this tiny wooden Camillus. I found the Camillus in a small local gift shop, way back when Camillus was still manufacturing. The company name on the box is now long since forgotten, but it was apparently a small business that specialized in woodworking.

17UUFGSh.jpg

TzoaN3kh.jpg
Nice little Camillus, Buzz. I lost one similar to that, while eating lunch on a park bench one sunny day, about 20 years ago. It slipped out of my suit pocket and I never saw it again, although I searched high and low.
Funny how some things stick with you.

Nice little Camillus, Buzz. I lost one similar to that, while eating lunch on a park bench one sunny day, about 20 years ago. It slipped out of my suit pocket and I never saw it again, although I searched high and low.
Funny how some things stick with you.

A lost knife will stick with you Gary, I lost one 50 years ago and it still irks! o_O Sorry for your loss my friend :thumbsup:

Stockman of the Week is a Marbles sowbelly (thanks, Randy):
ehwYjHq.jpg

- GT

Very, very nice stockman, Gary!

17UUFGSh.jpg

TzoaN3kh.jpg

Your Camillus is gorgeous, Buzz! The wood inlay details is amazing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back