What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Another day with the SwissTank, and this red little alox number on my keychain.

I've gotta say, I'm growing very comfortable with EDC'ing a SwissChamp. It's wonderfully handy. Probably as far from purist as a traditional can get, but extraordinary just the same. Almost a multitool and not a knife, but maybe not really. More like an absurdly complex slipjoint. A scout on steroids, if you will. So many interesting little tools.

It's hard to believe that Victorinox has been producing knives of this relative size for almost 70 years now. The Champion, just the same but without pliers, was in production shortly after the end of World War II, while Americans were struggling to produce quality scout knives with just 2 layers of tools.

This knife makes every day a game to see what I can make use of next. Just yesterday morning, my daughter came to me with her set of denim overall shorts. The cheap thin metal buckle had become hopeless bent in the washing machine. I pulled the SwissChamp out of my pocket, and used the small pliers to bend the buckle back into some semblance of its original shape. While I was at it, I used the SwissChamp's scissors to cut off some stray threads. Then used the magnifier and eye glass screwdriver to tighten up the bows on her glasses, and sent her on her merry way. This knife is a father's best friend.

KgWwpmfh.jpg

Another day with the SwissTank, and this red little alox number on my keychain.

I've gotta say, I'm growing very comfortable with EDC'ing a SwissChamp. It's wonderfully handy. Probably as far from purist as a traditional can get, but extraordinary just the same. Almost a multitool and not a knife, but maybe not really. More like an absurdly complex slipjoint. A scout on steroids, if you will. So many interesting little tools.

It's hard to believe that Victorinox has been producing knives of this relative size for almost 70 years now. The Champion, just the same but without pliers, was in production shortly after the end of World War II, while Americans were struggling to produce quality scout knives with just 2 layers of tools.

This knife makes every day a game to see what I can make use of next. Just yesterday morning, my daughter came to me with her set of denim overall shorts. The cheap thin metal buckle had become hopeless bent in the washing machine. I pulled the SwissChamp out of my pocket, and used the small pliers to bend the buckle back into some semblance of its original shape. While I was at it, I used the SwissChamp's scissors to cut off some stray threads. Then used the magnifier and eye glass screwdriver to tighten up the bows on her glasses, and sent her on her merry way. This knife is a father's best friend.

KgWwpmfh.jpg
Made me smile :)

Mark, your Barlow has wondrous red-orange tint to the stag! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your Buster bling sings, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Vince, you don't mess around when someone says, "Stag? Make mine a double!" :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the new Vic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Have a safe and enjoyable bike trip. :)

Astounding photo, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm so glad you managed to get a couple of the Waynorth lambsfoots!

Classic patterns, Dean! All the red and green has me thinking Christmas! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can see where that pair can make you blind to other knives, Taylor, but be careful with carrying only those - you're wearing the color off them! :eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:D:thumbsup:

Handsome knife, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sweet ebony/ivory pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What model is that single-blade Buck??

You talked me into it, David! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll bet you're quite a negotiator/horse trader. :p

Congrats on the brand new lambsfoot, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I'm gonna miss seeing your TEW at work.

Thanks for the info about your system. :):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Stuart; I'm a big fan of Case chestnut jigged bone. :)

Thanks for the kind words, JJ. :) That's a venerable, vibrant pair for you! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I've never seen a candy-striped Kamp King before; that's cool!

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider medium stockman:
View attachment 1152297

Lambsfoot of the Week is a 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 1152298

- GT
Thank you kindly GT. I feel quite fortunate. I love your Rough Rider collection. The Horn Lambsfoot is quite a nice one.

Back