1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Fine-looking pair GT :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  2. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    My vote for the King of the Cartoons . . . Bugs Bunny. "What a maroon!" :p

Jathes, Jack Black, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  3. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh my, Gary, your Keen Kutter Office Knife is a grail! And, of course, your mini copperhead is literally inspiring. :)

4. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    On my hike today, I carried my BladeForums Buck double ended jack.

[​IMG]

5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks, I'm certainly liking it so far.

The adjustable Is a MAC 4".

6. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, GT this is a small display case with clear plexiglass cover it holds three. I purchased it through a GEC dealer whom I should not name as I'm not sure if he is a paid member?

cigarrodog likes this.
  7. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    I immediately pictured the Tasmanian Devil carrying Buzz's swiss tank! :D

r8shell, Buzzbait, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :) The last I heard opening mail doesn’t cause patina! ;) :p

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :)

Such a great knife. :cool: :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  10. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Carried 2 Schatt & Morgans today. The large bone pen knife is a nice knife, even with some blade rub spots, just wish the keystone shield was a bit smaller or not there at all. Detracts from the nice bone jigging IMO. The rosewood jack from the heritage series is near perfect for my taste. I love the blade shape, long pull nail nick, steel pins and liner and the scales. pen & rosewood-1 - 1.jpg pen & rosewood-2 - 1.jpg

11. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    @5K Qs
    Thanks GT, they get the work done in splendid fashion. I do occasionally take a pearl to work, I carried a pearl Bulldog copperhead earlier this week. The copperhead was more on lunch duty though ;). The big Camillus is a good tough knife,a well dressed worker :cool: Though the more utilitarian knives see most of the use:thumbsup:

JohnDF and Prester John like this.
  12. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    From the shores of the Saint Lawrence ... in Canada, looking south across the river into New York.
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, sunknife, Laurelbb and 18 others like this.
  13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you GT. Your Case mini copperhead is making me feel blue. Lovely color.

14. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    20190711_190713.jpg

TFBraden, sunknife, Laurelbb and 14 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Love the Doctor Who quote. :cool: :thumbsup:
    Also, I assume by your username that you are a Jeep Guy.
    We must be kindred spirits... :D

cigarrodog and jkwithawave like this.
  16. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, sunknife, Laurelbb and 17 others like this.
  17. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Thank you! The 10th and 11th Doctors were my favorite, although I'm quite a bit behind and need to catch up.

I like Jeeps, but I've never owned and can't consider myself a Jeep guy. My username came about from when I first found the forum. My first quality knife was an Emerson. I joined the forum and thought I'd only be buying Emersons. I discovered other brands immediately and the addiction took off. I thought I'd always have something with a Wave in my pocket. Hence the username.

I was entirely wrong.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019 at 10:51 PM
    Dschal, Fodderwing and JohnDF like this.
  18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Great story. I thought for sure it was a Jeep Wave from a guy with a JK Jeep. :D
    Definitely catch up on Doctors, there has been some excellent episodes. :cool: :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and jkwithawave like this.
  19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Putting up corrugated sheet metal. (Thank goodness). Right over the old shingles.
    My job today was standing up on the lift right at the eave, measuring and marking 2x4s, and passing them up. They are being nailed over the old roof horizontally, through the old roofing, right down into the rafters, and the sheet metal will be nailed to them. Expedient, strong, and watertight. The owner, a good friend of mine, is a highly skilled carpenter and worker of wood, his wife is my bandmate, and the barn is where our monthly worship events are held.
    Truthfully, I was not doing anything that a 13 year old kid couldn't do, but it saves him from having to climb up and down, makes it go much faster, and we had good conversation.

When you're working out how to get a razor edge, don't forget to start with a low angle back edge. Then raise the blade for a higher angle, and the edge will only take a few strokes. Usually! :D

RDaneel, SVTFreak, cigarrodog and 4 others like this.
  20. mitch13

mitch13

Nov 3, 2004
    [​IMG]
    little bark river in ebony & sak

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019 at 10:03 PM