What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Enjoying the dog days of summer :D

mv4bNwe.jpg

Lambsfoot and Compact today
Cute picture... and thanks for leaving the blades closed around the dog. :cool::thumbsup:

For today my pocket totes will include a new acquisition, the GEC Stockyard Whittler in Osage wood, and a snappy old Robeson split back Whittler from the 20' or 30's.:D
Cool little Robeson, and the Stockyard Whittler looks like a winner. I hope to pick up one of those later in the month. I wonder if it could become a true "every day carry", but then I think that about each new knife I have my fickle eyes set on.
Today, I'm still carrying my 1950s? Boker. I don't know why I like it so much. I mean, I sort of do; it's a nice old knife with great steel and lovely worn bone, but there's something else about it that speaks to me. Maybe I can feel that it was once somebody's true "every day carry".
EfW2Y74.jpg

Even the broken blade cuts.
E69wkYC.jpg

A present from Jolipapa Jolipapa arrived yesterday, really like this horn Pradel!

xqE4Tdi.jpg
She was made by Gilles Reynewater (https://www.thiers-issard.fr/fr/content/16-savoir-faire, there's a shorter version in English) who bought the Thiers-Issard Cy in 1985 (btw, Thiers is a family name, not the town) and owns a few others, including Sabatier*****Elephant (imho the best of the Sabatier brands for kitchen knives). Probably X75 carbon steel.
(ps I hope the toy soldier arrived in one piece, the gun was already missing. It was part of a comprehensive set of WWI French soldiers , including cavalry and generals, made for the Mokarex coffee brand, one in each 250g unground coffee packet. The deal with Mum was ok I buy this coffee, but you grind it with the Peugeot hand mill!:eek::D)

Today, I'm still carrying my 1950s? Boker. I don't know why I like it so much. I mean, I sort of do; it's a nice old knife with great steel and lovely worn bone, but there's something else about it that speaks to me. Maybe I can feel that it was once somebody's true "every day carry".
EfW2Y74.jpg

Even the broken blade cuts.
E69wkYC.jpg
I entirely relate to this.

Back