What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

@JJ Cahill - Thank you for the nice words, JJ. Both Moose and Bull Nose look great. The Bull Nose was my first traditional. Great tool knife. That Linen Micarta has a very smooth feel in hand.

Rose and Thistle Custom Rose and Thistle Custom - Your -new to you- Dixon penknife is very nice. Hope you’ll share your attempt to resolve the closing issue

Jack Black Jack Black - Nice outdoors with the knives image, Jack.

@Wurrwulf - Easy to understand your excitement. Your JH Lloyd is beautiful.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - lovely quiet image, Gev. Showing detail in the shadow area, in low light, is not easy, but you did so, quite nicely.

Very cool Dixon with the stepped bolsters. :cool::thumbsup: I assume you've cleaned and poked around to see if there's anything inside the well that's obstructing the blade?
I got in there with a toothpick and cleaned everything up pretty well. This picture is the small blade full open, you can see that the spring is very sunken and the blade not all the way open. The back square where the spring lands looks worn and I'm suspecting that's the cause of the sunken spring and the blade not fully closing or opening.
20191022_092916-756x1008.jpg

Back to the usual.
jWaXtu2.jpg

Your Point is well taken :)
:D
I got in there with a toothpick and cleaned everything up pretty well. This picture is the small blade full open, you can see that the spring is very sunken and the blade not all the way open. The back square where the spring lands looks worn and I'm suspecting that's the cause of the sunken spring and the blade not fully closing or opening.
View attachment 1217857
Hmm...that doesn't sound like an easy fix. :(

I got to spend some more time with my buddy Stuart @Duckdog today. We had a feast for lunch at the Vienna Cafe! :thumbsup: We each had two fully loaded chili dogs. They had chopped onions, special made in house chili, cheese and mustard. We also had some shoe string fries. It was a very tasty lunch. About an hour after lunch I told Stuart I didn’t know why we didn’t think to take a photo to show y’all! :eek: Stuart was showing me around some places in the area I haven’t been to before. We drove by the Wolf Trap Park, which any of you music lovers will be familiar with. Next we went to the Great Falls National Park on the Potomac River. Stuart wanted to show me how close they actually are to DC. It’s a historic area and we were lucky to be able to get out between showers. Here’s my Case Texas Jack posing for a photo with part of the falls in the background. All in all a great visit. Thanks for the hospitality Stuart! :thumbsup::) My Texas Jack liked Northern Virginia so much it just decided to stay! ;)

48943420348_864d961812_o_d.jpg

48944092696_40f500fb4b_b_d.jpg

48944092716_c191c542e5_b_d.jpg

48944285537_286117dcbb_o_d.jpg

Back