What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

NQvqqyA.jpg

Sometimes you have to be out of step, when the jigged bone is calling to you. That Baxter has plenty of life, for sure. Even broken blades can cut. :):thumbsup:

I'm going with piano keys today:
aL7QnQH.jpg

7T0F27p.jpg

Thanks Rachel, those two look great together :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Very nice pair, Jack. The Baxter Jack oozes vintage charm.:)

“A wee dram to ward off Winter chill.” (Havana Club Rum, 7 year old), my favorite, with a vintage Sheffield J. Milner&Co Lambfoot.
View attachment 1247323

Thank you Harvey, it feels great in the hand :) Wonderful photo of that old beauty :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, same to you :). Any plans to re-shape the secondary blade on the Sheffield?

Thanks GT, cool mod on the Recruit :cool:, don't think I have seen that one before.

These two for me today.

I may re-shape it into a small Sheepsfoot at some point, or at least just tidy it up a bit. Unfortunately, there's only half the nail-nick there, so I'm a little limited - might have to be a tiny Rope blade! :D Nice pairing Tom :thumbsup:

I carried these two today. The Stag Winchester in the watch pocket and the Ironwood Damascus Lambsfoot SFO in the right front. :) :thumbsup:

46780082965_91696fbdf5_o_d.jpg

Classy pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Wooden Wednesday carry on my walk today.
EM30xIL.jpg

Nice pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

A departure from my usual for today.

18ln9Vo.jpg

Looks like a very useful pairing Dylan. Cool mug too! :D :thumbsup:

That old Baxter is a treat, Jack. Thanks for sharing.

Totin' these two today - a Case 6207 dogleg and a Cunningham caper.

TeULazS.jpg

- Stuart

Thanks a lot Stuart, that Cunningham is a little beauty :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Jack!!! Very cool "something new and something old" pair for you today; I'll bet that youngster can take some lessons from the old Baxter on a "keen edge!";):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a couple newer slicers today; a Victorinox Pioneer X and a GEC 92 jack, both very handy. :)

As you know JJ, that good old steel takes some beating :) Nice-looking pair :) :thumbsup:

Handsome pair of knives for you, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Did you polish the stag handles of your HHB recently? The white gleams in that pic!
Thanks for the compliments you sent my way. :)

Thanks Gary :) Not at all, it's very rare that I do anything more than oil and sharpen a knife :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Your stag HHB / ebony gunstock is a splendid pairing, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sowbelly Stockman this week is a Marbles stag bone model (thanks, Randy):
View attachment 1247728

Regular stockman this week is the medium size in this "Three Bears" Imperial trio (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1247729

Premium canoe this week is from Böker:
View attachment 1247730

Econo-canoe is a Rough Rider Diamond Jim canoe (sold as "smooth black bone"):
View attachment 1247731

- GT

Thanks again my friend, nice to see what's in your pockets :) I like the 'Three Bears' pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Jerry Halfrich prototype amber stag rounder.View attachment 1247789

Wonderful stag Alan :thumbsup:

I had a yearly doctor visit this morning! I took my Coffin Jack out of the pouch and dropped it in my pocket. I hope y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

48453021747_a87e79de64_o_d.jpg

That looks great Ron, Coffin Jack is a nice pattern :cool: Hope your appointment went well :thumbsup:

Hope your check up was aces! I'm due for one in February.

Good luck with that Gary :thumbsup:

I toted these two old hunters today, both Case 65 SABs from 1940-1964, one in green, the other in red. As comfortable in hand as old boots are on your feet.

8kq3BQ9.jpg

- Stuart

Cool pic Stuart :) :thumbsup:

My totes for today are a couple of Keen Kutters from post WWII, both wearing black composite covers. :)

Great Black Friday choice JJ :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good Friday 13th :eek: ;) Carrying my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, and an Old Friend in the form of an IXL Sheepsfoot today :thumbsup:

8tYF5yj.jpg

oyETSmf.jpg

Smile worthy indeed! Wow.

Santa had an accident...
View attachment 1248039
I looked out and there he was, on the ground, with the defendant standing over him with a knife in his hand.

With that blade and the micarta, the ‘17 BF knife looks like a great user. But they don’t get shown much here.
Love the belt knives from yesterday and today. You’ve got some nice ones!

So this one's not rare, not particularly valuable, and certainly not one of the nicer knives I own. However, it is the first knife I bought when I decided to start "collecting" a couple of years ago so I decided to slip it in my pocket today in place of my normal GEC Eureka Jack

5u0HbSM.jpg
You’re describing all of my knives!
[QUOTE="Jack Black, post: 19433570, member: 150652]
Hope everyone is having a good Friday 13th :eek: ;) Carrying my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, and an Old Friend in the form of an IXL Sheepsfoot today :thumbsup:

8tYF5yj.jpg

oyETSmf.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Beautiful countryside backdrop for your photogenic sfo lambfoot, Jack.
I always enjoy the scenery in your pics.

@Half/Stop ~ It’s funny how when we get good news from the doc we don’t ask for a second opinion...

Thank you kindly Tom!!! Another delightful couple for you today; there's not much you can't do pairing a fixed blade with a jack (Barlow!):D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I may re-shape it into a small Sheepsfoot at some point, or at least just tidy it up a bit. Unfortunately, there's only half the nail-nick there, so I'm a little limited - might have to be a tiny Rope blade! :D Nice pairing Tom :thumbsup:

8tYF5yj.jpg

oyETSmf.jpg

Thanks fellas, much appreciated. :)

Back