What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sorry to hear about your mom JJ, hope she's doing OK :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope Monday is not too unkind to you :thumbsup:

jwdp1oL.jpg

uARQj41.jpg
Thank you very much Jack!!! I think the toughest thing is my mom finally realizes she has to downshift her busy lifestyle...:eek:
What an outstanding pair of jacks for you today; am I seeing a "unicorn" Schrade?"; quite the eyeful!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
JJ, hope your Mom fares well in her recovery (and that you do too).
Going to supplement my GEC #66 by adding this Case penknife #027 in my watch pocket today. OH
Case-63027-Small-Stockman-1981-Zeke.jpg
Thank you kindly Bruce, I really appreciate it!!! What a cool Case to pair with your 66; perfect choice!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
07c25196-dd6e-4574-8b65-6a402aced486-jpeg.1264532
Well broken in Case pair today: 6275 five dot Moose, and an eight dot 6308 Split Back Whittler.
Super image displaying your pair of Case beauties Jeff!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Eastern Cutlery Co.

9128997608_7ce9826467_b.jpg
That is an amazing old Eastern pen Gev; mesmerizing photo as well!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
JJ, my checkbook is balanced to the penny, after that...I got nothin...maybe that’s why I don’t work for NASA:confused::confused::confused:
I can definitely relate!!! All of those "number" genes went to my brother!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The top one is Grandad’s. The rest I picked up to to sort of complete a series. Great solid knives.
FC0290-B3-8085-48-B1-9-D70-A5-A566-E2-B724.jpg
Awesome lineup of Imperial Frontiers; what an excellent lineage, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Happy (much belated) birthday!
3DB5LgD.jpg
Very cool B-Day cutlery graphic!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, JJ. I hope your Mother experiences rapid healing and recovery. Nice Victorinox Tinker. Quit nice posing your passion for knife collecting with your Father’s passion for numbers.
Thank you very much for your kind words Harvey!!!
Double treat.
c43bbdf9-f909-4d03-9a3c-f6d1596f76fc-jpeg.1265060

Just acquired. GEBR.BERNES.Solingen-Otter. Normally, I would leave the older knives untouched, but I really want to carry this one. It needs blade Spa. Other than that, excellent F&F with plenty of snap, 4 inches closed. I’m not certain, but I think the handles are bone. Then there’s the triple fluted bolster.
f3b70506-eb48-4c0d-b1c5-8971ac96de7e-jpeg.1265061
Wow, "double treat" is an understatement; both photos are superlative and your new (old) Otter is a sweetheart!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

What a great composition Barrett, well done :) Hope you had a great birthday @Hickory n steel :thumbsup:

I’ve been carrying this #71 Bull Nose for the last few days.

H0jqa5z.jpg

This morning Eleanor and I cleared the driveway of a couple inches of snow we got last night. She asked for a snow shovel for Christmas, but we haven’t had many opportunities to use it since she got it. I think she’s a natural! :D

0SWZWdy.jpg

KcaEUmd.jpg

That looks good my friend :) Love the pics of Eleanor, glad to see she's helping you out :D :thumbsup:

This knife here Grandad carried on Okinawa during WWII. He gave it to me in 1997, the year my first daughter was born. He used it up in Alaska and in Montana. Can’t be positive, but pretty sure he had it with him in Eastern Montana when he killed this buck, on the left, because he lived a pretty frugal life and didn’t have extra things he didn’t absolutely need. And in keeping with the thread, I did carry it from the safe to the table for pictures:D

1484-FB84-4-B72-4220-AB56-94-EAE1-E15-B8-C.jpg

Great that you have those knives my friend, your grandfather sounds like a great man :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. Mighty fine images of your Hartshead and Teamster.

Double treat.
View attachment 1265060

Just acquired. GEBR.BERNES.Solingen-Otter. Normally, I would leave the older knives untouched, but I really want to carry this one. It needs blade Spa. Other than that, excellent F&F with plenty of snap, 4 inches closed. I’m not certain, but I think the handles are bone. Then there’s the triple fluted bolster.
View attachment 1265061

Thanks buddy, that pic of your Waynorth Lambsfoot looks delicious ;) Fantastic new addition too, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Jack!!! I think the toughest thing is my mom finally realizes she has to downshift her busy lifestyle...:eek:
What an outstanding pair of jacks for you today; am I seeing a "unicorn" Schrade?"; quite the eyeful!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That always comes as a shock my friend :eek: Thank you very much for the compliment, the John Primble was a very kind gift from Stuart @Duckdog recently :) :thumbsup:

Looks like we're in for some wild night. The authorities have issued red alert for high water levels as a result of a combination of unusually high tide and extreme weather. Some streets of the town are expected to be flooded. We evacuated the groud level at work. Just in case.

IMG-20200114-121828.jpg

IMG-20200114-121804.jpg

I'd better go with rubber boots and something stainless. But so long I have been really enjoying this little fella.

IMG-20200114-121408.jpg

IMG-20200114-122054.jpg

Peanut today, it had lost it's emblem, so I whittled/sanded down a piece of walnut to put in it's place to fill the void;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Which I won in this neat give away seen here Mr. Knife's Never Ending GAW that was hosted this time by @r8shell thanks again,

G2

Back