What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

cOTlu1N.jpg
Classic clips! :thumbsup:

Super image displaying your pair of Case beauties Jeff!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hey, thanks much, JJ!

I'm always interested in historical parallels between the simply elegant pocketknife and other timely markers. Both this book and the Barlow pattern made quite an impact in their respective worlds; optimal, however not replaceable. :)
That book gave me a flashback to my first job after college.
Love the KK!

Looks like we're in for some wild night. The authorities have issued red alert for high water levels as a result of a combination of unusually high tide and extreme weather. Some streets of the town are expected to be flooded. We evacuated the groud level at work. Just in case.

IMG-20200114-121828.jpg

IMG-20200114-121804.jpg

I'd better go with rubber boots and something stainless. But so long I have been really enjoying this little fella.

IMG-20200114-121408.jpg

IMG-20200114-122054.jpg
Lovely boat! That just gets my imagination up and running!

Looks like we're in for some wild night. The authorities have issued red alert for high water levels as a result of a combination of unusually high tide and extreme weather. Some streets of the town are expected to be flooded. We evacuated the groud level at work. Just in case.
Stay safe!

For Jack's Random Tuesday, I'm carrying a Southern & Richardson pearl pen (thanks, Jack!) and an old Camillus Sword Brand jack:
yeGAV0b.jpg

I always enjoy your black/orange pairs, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Alox Knife this week is a 1986 Vic Soldier:
View attachment 1265155

non-Alox SAK this week is a Wenger Esquire:
View attachment 1265156

Bailed non-SAK (well, neither Victorinox nor Wenger) is this "drug store clone":
View attachment 1265157

International Knife this week is a Laguiole my daughter got for me in Spain:
View attachment 1265158

- GT

Thanks GT, nice lineup you have there!

I am enjoying the forum knife very much, but have to admit I don't know what to do with the edge. Usually I re-profile my carry knives to 30 degrees inclusive right off the bat. It is then easy to maintain that edge on a Sharpmaker, and I like the way that angle cuts for me. I am hesitant, however, to re-grind this edge as the knife is too pretty. All I have done so far is match the factory angle, which is fairly slicey as is.

Alox Knife this week is a 1986 Vic Soldier:
View attachment 1265155

It's always nice to see that one on manoeuvres GT ;) :thumbsup:

IMG-20200114-121828.jpg

IMG-20200114-121804.jpg

I'd better go with rubber boots and something stainless. But so long I have been really enjoying this little fella.

IMG-20200114-121408.jpg

IMG-20200114-122054.jpg

Lovely old boat, and a fine choice :thumbsup: Stay safe, and as dry as you can :thumbsup: Wet and very windy here too :eek:

That’s a spectacular stockman, Jack! Interesting story, as well!

Thank you very much :) :thumbsup:

I don't know, but it may be too cold out there for these guys to come out of the pocket much today :eek:

StiBnaY.jpg

That IS cold Mike! :eek: Nice pairing :thumbsup:

Tidioute Tuesday Tote

Lovely 66 John :thumbsup:

View attachment 1265232
Lambfoot and kellam wolverine

Those two'll get the job done :thumbsup:

For Jack's Random Tuesday, I'm carrying a Southern & Richardson pearl pen (thanks, Jack!) and an old Camillus Sword Brand jack:
yeGAV0b.jpg

Thanks Rachel, nice to have company :)

Back