What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

qVML1dx.jpg

Beautiful Rams Horn Harry! I’ve got one in Rams Horn I got from Russell at the 2018 Rendezvous. It’s never been in my pocket. I hope that was a lesson learned for the operators and no one was hurt in that wild looking photo. :D

I’m only carrying one today! ;) I hope y’all have a blessed Sunday! :)

42721930990_b267e94b28_b_d.jpg

Your carry is always tasteful Ron, but this one's stellar:cool:

I recommend you try out one of the new GEC 62 Easy Pockets, another great Wharncliffe on a single-spring, like the Norfolk.

Thanks, Will

Thought I would go with some stag on Sunday. :)

Very nice! As much as I like the Stockman pattern all I’ve collected up have been plenty of three blade, a few two blade, and one one blade variations. You’ve motivated me to start looking for a few four and five blade variations. OH

Feel better soon, Dean!

Thank you, Mike! They gave me a ton of meds at the urgent care. :)

Looking like a lazy Sunday ahead. Coffee's on, wife is making buttermilk pancakes. Have a good day, everyone!

uITtYAv.jpg

Gorgeous knives, Mike. :thumbsup: What is that jigged bone beauty?

Get better soon Dean. :)

Thank you, Ron.

Beautiful Rams Horn Harry! I’ve got one in Rams Horn I got from Russell at the 2018 Rendezvous. It’s never been in my pocket. I hope that was a lesson learned for the operators and no one was hurt in that wild looking photo. :D

Stupendous Damascus steel and bone, Ron. :thumbsup:

I was packing up for a quick rabbit hunt, and then came the rain (2 minutes after this picture).

PYyaAkv.jpg

- Stuart

Nice picture Stuart, nice custom fixed blade and BSA marked SAK to pair up with your old vintage shells. You are not by yourself, I also prefer the 16 for my upland hunting (and an occasional gobbler as well). Here is my Dad’s old Buck Bird Knife that he gave to me long ago, with a slightly newer box of 16 Ga Remington shells - posed this shot when I bought a new C.C. Filson upland shell vest about ten years ago. Happy Sunday ladies & gents! OH

Buck-321-Bird-Knife-my-Dads.jpg

Thank you, Mike! They gave me a ton of meds at the urgent care. :)

:thumbsup:
Gorgeous knives, Mike. :thumbsup: What is that jigged bone beauty?

Thanks Dean. It's a 2013 Case/Bose Wharncliffe Trapper with chestnut jigged bone. Just arrived last week, and I can't keep from putting it in the pocket in the morning. Definitely honeymoon phase. It's one I've wanted for a while, and it's more than met my expectations. Another photo, just because :D

52KCBHN.jpg

:thumbsup:

Thanks Dean. It's a 2013 Case/Bose Wharncliffe Trapper with chestnut jigged bone. Just arrived last week, and I can't keep from putting it in the pocket in the morning. Definitely honeymoon phase. It's one I've wanted for a while, and it's more than met my expectations. Another photo, just because :D

52KCBHN.jpg

Wow! Case does a fantastic job on those Case/Bose editions.

Blimey, my internet connection is on its backside tonight! o_Oo_O
Unfortunately, I'm home with Bronchitis (had a cold for two weeks before this diagnosis) and was unable to attend church this morning. But these two knives are my 'carry' today.

View attachment 1272427

Sorry to hear that Dean, hope you're feeling better soon :thumbsup:

Looking like a lazy Sunday ahead. Coffee's on, wife is making buttermilk pancakes. Have a good day, everyone!

uITtYAv.jpg

Sounds good Mike, spiffy pair my friend :) :thumbsup:

That's a Sunday knife Ron :)

What a pair! Happy Sunday y'all!!
View attachment 1272686
Rainy Sunday, love it!

Very nice Taylor :) :thumbsup:

These today

Harry

Fine pair Harry :) :thumbsup:

Great to see you back Stuart :) Now get your pants on! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

LOL! You haven't turned into The Invisible Man?! :D Great-looking pair of knives Stuart :) :thumbsup:

I took the hints and have been fully clothed since that first intemperate post (I got less "LIKES" and more "LAUGHS" as time went on).

Stuart my friend, you’re living large! :thumbsup: :D I’m going to be in your neighborhood toward the end of February. I’m thinking about some good chili dogs and I’ll definitely have to have one of those caps! :thumbsup: :D

I'll leave the lights on, Ron. Until then:

PzGOMKU.jpg

Helloooo. I figured I’d see you wandering the sands of some well known island beach with a smile on your face. Oh well, glad to hear you were enjoying yourself with other pursuits.

I've been wandering, Alan, but, alas, not that idyllic isle. Hope springs eternal, though. Thanks for the warm thoughts.

Great tote combo Stuart; really like that classic old Remington shell box, very cool shot too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stuart, the 16 gauge is such an under appreciated shotgun. Good to see them still getting used. A buddy of mine has one in an old single shot. It accounted for seven grouse one day as we passed it back and forth between him, his son and me.

Nice looking fixed blade Stuart . It is great to see you back my friend . It is interesting to see that I am not the only person who still has 16 gauge .

Nice pic Stuart !

Nice picture Stuart, nice custom fixed blade and BSA marked SAK to pair up with your old vintage shells. You are not by yourself, I also prefer the 16 for my upland hunting (and an occasional gobbler as well). Here is my Dad’s old Buck Bird Knife that he gave to me long ago, with a slightly newer box of 16 Ga Remington shells - posed this shot when I bought a new C.C. Filson upland shell vest about ten years ago. Happy Sunday ladies & gents! OH

Buck-321-Bird-Knife-my-Dads.jpg

Thanks, guys. I have a Belgian Browning "Sweet 16" from 1955 and a Stevens 311A side-by-side from about the same period that are my step-ups from the 20 gauge over/unders. That box of shells is part of a case that I "inherited" when an old hunting buddy passed away several years ago. His daughter gathered a bunch of his hunting friends and let us have our pick of the hunting gear that his son, daughters, and nephews didn't want (his favorite dove gun - a Remington 1100 in .410 that he fired quite successfully from a lawn chair - was long gone by then). I was the only guy who used 16 gauge, so I got the case and several old hunting knives and whet stones. I talk to him whenever I take the shells in the field and we have a great day. I have four boxes remaining.

- Stuart

Back