What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This will do today, surprisingly versatile: good garden knife and not a bad pocket kitchen knife when visiting people (most...) who have horrible poor quality blunt kitchen ware;) Like the stainless liners and spring as it rules out internal rust, the carbon is not quite so stellar though, not a very impressive edge holder but sharpens up quick.

4m8lMJ3.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. You had quite an adventure. As long as you had your Hartshead riding shotgun.

Uk SFO Lamb
8732B710-8E22-4437-AB6C-3866E880EF46_zpsans0kygj.jpeg

Yes indeed my friend, I was glad I had it with me :) That is a stunning photo Harvey :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Jack!!!

Hope your adventures were the fun/interesting! Great pairing today; the Vic farmer is always an excellent third wheel, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Starting the week out with one of my favorite GECs, the American jack. :)

Thank you very much JJ, nice pattern :thumbsup:

This will do today, surprisingly versatile: good garden knife and not a bad pocket kitchen knife when visiting people (most...) who have horrible poor quality blunt kitchen ware;) Like the stainless liners and spring as it rules out internal rust, the carbon is not quite so stellar though, not a very impressive edge holder but sharpens up quick.

4m8lMJ3.jpg

I'd concur with all of that Will, those Aitors are great value :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a great weekend :) Pairing these two again today :thumbsup:

429wAT5.jpg

42dgRBa.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday everyone:thumbsup:
HgCFwc.jpg
When I switched to an Ifone, I discovered that if you carry it in your back pocket, and sit down, it will flex enough to shatter the screen. Actually discovered that twice:oops:. So after repairs, I bought a “tactical” (gotta love that marketing term) belt case for the phone. Re-stitched all the seams, replaced the belt loop snap with a nut and bolt, and added a lanyard. ~ I have lost too many things at the farm climbing off and on the tractor, and busting through brush (Leatherman with pocket clip RIP). So this thing has almost become a man purse because besides the Ifone, it carries a pen and note pad, a Leatherman, and a mini Maglite. Maybe I should stitch up something like what you’ve got. I like that.
Went to the drawer to get a couple of Stag for today . Found out that it has been about 3 years since I bought these and took photos of them and may never have carried them again . The GEC Northfield 13's in Stag .
The one with 3 Blades . Thick Stag and NO blades touching

I originally bought 2 of these and a couple of years ago I gave one away for Christmas . Single with a Wharncliff blade . The one that I kept is the top one . Please pardon the old photos
5xoefOI.jpg

Not a good day to get new photos .
Always carried in slips too .
Really like the knives but not for any work

Harry

I think I may stop buying so many in total knives and buy only Stag . I do have a few other knives to use .

Harry
Speaking of not buying knives, that Badger knife show is coming soon, is it not?
Hey grind one of those pens into a coping, and call it a whittler!

@Duckdog , @5K Qs , and @cigarrodog ~ appreciate your kind words, gents!

@JJ Cahill ~ nice American Jack! Great pattern. I suppose this old Voos is one too.View attachment 1277072

v6BbVbp.jpg
Y393Kb6.jpg

Hubertus Springer clip point with stag scales and 3.35" stainless blade. Good grind for the most part but needed some extra work on the tip. Emory cloth took care of that and the full flat grind makes quick work of whatever I'm cutting. Baling twine, cardboard, blister packaging, leather, bread, meat, fruit, whittling, and so forth. Secure open and closed, reliable opening (once you get the knack for it), and about the same weight as a tradtional Buck 112. An easy carry and a good looker. I may have to start a section of my collection for these old style lever locks.

P.S. Have to thank the Colorado State Legislature for legalizing automatics last year. It was a remarkable piece of bipartisan work in these remarkably partisan times. I have one hand openers, of course, but none works as well with gloves on at this Hubertus.

Zieg

Last edited:
Back