What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This will do today, surprisingly versatile: good garden knife and not a bad pocket kitchen knife when visiting people (most...) who have horrible poor quality blunt kitchen ware;) Like the stainless liners and spring as it rules out internal rust, the carbon is not quite so stellar though, not a very impressive edge holder but sharpens up quick.

4m8lMJ3.jpg
That flat grind is what makes these such useful knives.

Zieg

Thank you, Gary! I had a rough week because of the way to strong meds they gave me, but I am much better now.
A quality selection of knives you obtained from your knife show, visits, Gary. :thumbsup:
Glad to read your health is improving, Dean. :)

I like to regularly carry this BF knife by Buck. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

View attachment 1275959
We have huge mice.View attachment 1275971Case 2138 Sodbuster, and 2018 Buck Blade Forum knife.
So do I:thumbsup: I like it in the hand and in the pocket it's a very satisfying knife and my Forum Knife favourite. Great bargain too when you think about it.
Dean & Jeff & Will, your praise for the Buck BF knife is impressive! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(As is that rehandled Sodbuster, Jeff!)

Thanks Gary and that's one of my favourite asks, I keep one of those quarters with a horse on the back just so I can pose that question, and yes, people usually groan once they here my reply ;)
but, they do think it's funny.
G2
:thumbsup::D

Along for the ride today.
Memorable handle on your fixed blade, Gary!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you GT, the warthog is a borrowed from my son. We got it for him this past Christmas. I thought it was pretty cool. I ordered a small tinker that should be delivered today. Those knipex pliers are pretty nice, I like them so far. Everything carries pretty nice so far. I'm still in the experimental stage right now we'll see how it goes.
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep or Super Fine Ones! ;) :D
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The pastry crust looks very flakey, but the stag HHB is definitely NOT!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Great minds think alike.
Splendid outdoor photo of your stag HHB, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Love the classic Casio.
That classic square Casio shape is my favorite for digital watches.
Nice choice of knives as well.
Thanks, @Hickory n steel.:) I bought a Casio very similar to that in about 1980, and the one in the pic is the third one I've had since then. About a year ago, I started wearing a Fitbit as my wrist watch, but I still carry that Casio in my coat pocket (fall/winter) or watch pocket (spring/summer) because it's much easier to read outside than is the LED display on the activity tracker.

Excellent selection sir, I really love that opinel... What is the handle material? It's gorgeous
5K Qs 5K Qs - GT, that modded Opinel is Ooh La La.
Great multi-task lineup today Gary; I'm a sucker for a great old scout but your Opinel Mod is just cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Willie & Harvey & JJ. :) I didn't do the mods, but I'm quite sure that's the standard beechwood handle, but shortened, reshaped, and stained. There's even a little spacer pinned in there to prevent the handle from splitting out since the blade well runs all the way to the butt end of the shortened handle.
opinel#8.spacer.jpg

Thought I'd go with this Puma stag hunter I grabbed in the early 80s. :)
I've never handled a knife made by Puma, but they sure seem to have some nice stag, based on photos I've seen! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you Gary, that sounds like a lot of my projects :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
LOL! :D I do need to get some new specs :D Thanks for the kind words pal :thumbsup:
Great line-up Gary, I had my Farmer with me yesterday :thumbsup:
I had some adventures yesterday, so it's taken me a while to catch up, but I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. I've had these two (Hartshead Barlow and Winchester Bull-Head) with me (plus my Vic Farmer yesterday) :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for your supportive replies, Jack. :)
Your selections look like a capable trio for your unusual adventures!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My two TRADITIONAL :rolleyes: game day carries for this Super Bowl Sunday! :D I’ve got a Case Bose Coffin Jack with Damascus and a Waynorth Jigged Bone Lambsfoot. :thumbsup:
Whomever you're rooting for in the game, Ron, you can't lose with that fantastic pair of knives! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1276517 Case XX barlow from 1972.
Have a great Sunday!
Superb Barlow, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Are the hymn lyrics and music superimposed on a cross? I haven't seen that before; kinda cool! ;):cool::cool:

Cool contrasting pair, Alan; bare bones to deluxe! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Super Sunday Carry
Hoping for a good game, funny commercials, and lots of Shakira. ;)
Queen Cut Co single blade serpentine jack... Really well put together knife!!!
John, I hope you considered that your wishes came true! ;) (I headed to bed at the end of the first half :rolleyes:). Good-looking Queen! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

just because
Fabulous foursome, with favorites on the flanks!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Both knife and photo are elegant and classy, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That is a treasure, GT.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. :) I've thought about finding a second one that I can carry, rather than risk the original, but it just wouldn't be the same.

28 years as a Chiefs fan, possibly culminating in a championship tonight. Carrying as close to team colors as I can muster for the game.
Congrats, Tom! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: You're on a roll with this team-colors-carry thing! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I may have to hire you to carry some knives for me if I ever back a team that gets to play for a championship! :D

Enjoy your Sunday everyone:thumbsup:
Pleasing photo of some prestigious tools, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Glad to read your health is improving, Dean. :)

Dean & Jeff & Will, your praise for the Buck BF knife is impressive! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(As is that rehandled Sodbuster, Jeff!)

:thumbsup::D

Memorable handle on your fixed blade, Gary!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The pastry crust looks very flakey, but the stag HHB is definitely NOT!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Splendid outdoor photo of your stag HHB, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, @Hickory n steel.:) I bought a Casio very similar to that in about 1980, and the one in the pic is the third one I've had since then. About a year ago, I started wearing a Fitbit as my wrist watch, but I still carry that Casio in my coat pocket (fall/winter) or watch pocket (spring/summer) because it's much easier to read outside than is the LED display on the activity tracker.

Thanks, Willie & Harvey & JJ. :) I didn't do the mods, but I'm quite sure that's the standard beechwood handle, but shortened, reshaped, and stained. There's even a little spacer pinned in there to prevent the handle from splitting out since the blade well runs all the way to the butt end of the shortened handle.
View attachment 1277137

I've never handled a knife made by Puma, but they sure seem to have some nice stag, based on photos I've seen! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for your supportive replies, Jack. :)
Your selections look like a capable trio for your unusual adventures!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whomever you're rooting for in the game, Ron, you can't lose with that fantastic pair of knives! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Superb Barlow, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Are the hymn lyrics and music superimposed on a cross? I haven't seen that before; kinda cool! ;):cool::cool:

Cool contrasting pair, Alan; bare bones to deluxe! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

John, I hope you considered that your wishes came true! ;) (I headed to bed at the end of the first half :rolleyes:). Good-looking Queen! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Fabulous foursome, with favorites on the flanks!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Both knife and photo are elegant and classy, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Stuart. :) I've thought about finding a second one that I can carry, rather than risk the original, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Congrats, Tom! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: You're on a roll with this team-colors-carry thing! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I may have to hire you to carry some knives for me if I ever back a team that gets to play for a championship! :D

Pleasing photo of some prestigious tools, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you for all of your kind comments, Gary!

Back