What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Not a pattern I carry often, this Western Trapper found it's way into my pocket this morning:

YE3dJCm.jpg

Went to the drawer to get a couple of Stag for today . Found out that it has been about 3 years since I bought these and took photos of them and may never have carried them again . The GEC Northfield 13's in Stag .
The one with 3 Blades . Thick Stag and NO blades touching

I originally bought 2 of these and a couple of years ago I gave one away for Christmas . Single with a Wharncliff blade . The one that I kept is the top one . Please pardon the old photos
5xoefOI.jpg

Not a good day to get new photos .
Always carried in slips too .
Really like the knives but not for any work

Harry

Alox of the Week is a silver Vic Farmer (thanks, Tom):
View attachment 1276315

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit:
View attachment 1276316

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Colonial Forest-Master, my first ever knife from about 1960:
View attachment 1276319

International Knife of the Week is a modified Opinel #8 (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1276321

- GT

Great knives, and can't help but comment on that Casio as well. My Dad passed a few years ago, still wearing his for more years than I do can remember. Had no interest in his (expensive) company retirement watch. After he passed, my daughter bought me the same model Casio and I wear it every day.

That Barlow is a beauty! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the info on the new location of the local gun&knife show; I've planned to go several times, but something else always interferes. When I first started going to the show, I had almost no knives, so it was easy for me to find interesting stuff. I have my annual knife budget set pretty low, so I usually take very little cash with me to the show to prevent me from making too many impulse buys. When I found that stag peanut, I had to get creative to come up with the cash, including raiding my roll of quarters I carry for bus fare! :rolleyes:
In December, my wife gave me a birthday gift certificate to the Lake Odessa Antique Mall; she says they have a lot of knives there, but I haven't gone yet, so I can't really give you any accurate info. Rylee's Hardware in GR (both locations, I think) is a Case Silver Dealer; I know the store near Michigan and Fuller has quite a knife display (more moderns than traditional, though).
Thank you! Definitely a smart idea to not bring much cash to those shows! Heck I should start leaving my wallet home:D:eek:
Even tho it is mostly modern knives I think rylee’s has the biggest knife selection around! I’ve started calling it the “knife store”.:D I’ll have to check out that antique mall sometime I never new it existed! You’ll probably beat me to it tho it’s about an hour from the house so try to save me atleast one or two!:p:D

Thanks JJ :D Fantastic pair of Schrades there :cool: :thumbsup:
Good grab JJ :D :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Jack!!!
I had some adventures yesterday, so it's taken me a while to catch up, but I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. I've had these two (Hartshead Barlow and Winchester Bull-Head) with me (plus my Vic Farmer yesterday) :) :thumbsup:
8MXo9nH.jpg

BitTByR.jpg
Hope your adventures were the fun/interesting! Great pairing today; the Vic farmer is always an excellent third wheel, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Magnificent pair of Schrade, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (The blade etches seem to promise more than they can deliver, though. :D)
Thanks Gary; what's a little advertising without some wishful thinking!!!:D
Very fine folding hunter, too, JJ. You know that it is a serious hunting knife when the incorporate a bone saw in the main.
Thank you Stuart!!! I do see that design as a great little bird/duck knife.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Beautiful Stag on your Puma.
Uk SFO Lamb
8732B710-8E22-4437-AB6C-3866E880EF46_zpsans0kygj.jpeg
Thank you Harvey!!! Very cool UK lamb; beautiful snakewood covers!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back