What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

(my first-ever canoe):
canoe-ajb-closed-jpg.1322304
That makes it special. :cool::thumbsup:

Premium Canoe:
book-mark-2open-jpg.1322306
That one is special all on it's own... a beauty. :cool::thumbsup:

My contribution to "Wooden Wednesday" consists of these three.. (my watch pocket knife is jigged bone :()
The forum knife in blackwood, the 29 stockyard whittler in osage, and the 62 easy pocket in desert ironwood. Did I mention I really like cargo pants? :D
I figure I'm ready for anything work throws my way today....:thumbsup:

jCcaf5.jpg

On a sad note, we heard the news this morning that a local facility (6miles from our house) is the Virus hotspot in our area. It’s a housing facility for disabled and handicapped adults, and they have lost four or five of the older residents, with other residents and staff infected.

My daughter participates with many of them through the Special Recreation Association, and we have many friends and acquaintances with family members there, so my heart breaks at this news.:(
That's sad Jeff. :( My thoughts and prayers to all involved. Stay safe my friend! :)

Trying to catch up in this thread by limiting myself to only one quote per page, but I'm not man enough to follow my own rules! :eek::(

Case Pen + Buck501 Squire.
Pair of aces! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I have a pen knife just like yours that's one of my favorite knives, and a Buck 501 is high on my "buy soon' list! ;)

As I mentioned to @r8shell , I'm totin' these old slim fellas today: H. Böker (1869-1914) and W.H. Morley & Sons (1913-1927).
MiEGyoq.jpg

- Stuart
What a venerable skinny pair, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got the old girl out of the cupboard for today and having a Modern free day .

VpnDYht.jpg
Outstanding stag! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I plan to go back in about a week with a little bag and pick some. I'm pretty sure I'll remember where it is. :confused:
That Böker is a beauty, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What do you plan to do with the mulberries you pick? I've had no regrets about getting rid of a mulberry tree in our yard decades ago; it always resulted in annual messes. :(

Saturday tote
hgSoSGY.jpg
Praiseworthy pair of knives, Steve; wow! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

QgjWFkH.jpg

Lambsfoot & Langres
Dynamic stag duo, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Carrying this Case Canoe again, love the curly maple on it!!
Captivating Case canoe, @Catch911! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Going with these two from Case for today. :)
JJ & Jim, those saw cut brown bone Case Barlows really excel! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
(But I'm biased; see below ;))

A Buck 501 in S30V and Cherry from the Buck Custom Shop on my belt.
And I have a Gerber/Sakai Silver Knight designed by Al Mar with stabilized zebra wood covers and Hitachi Gingami 1 blade steel in my pocket
Frank, that cherry Buck 501 with the distinctive knot in the middle of the handle is an attractive knife, and I always admire that Silver Knight when you post it! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Happy Easter to my fellow Porch dwellers! Camillus Congress and BuckLite for the last three days. OH
Camillus-712-Congress.jpg

2 fine knives, Bruce; I really like the unusual blade combo on the Camillus congress! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Belated same to you, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Your yellow pair is a great reminder of the Son Rise we celebrate at Easter!

Celebrating the cross and the pioneer!

Everything in my life is made rich because of what I get to celebrate today - the death and resurrection of the pioneer of my faith. Thankful for a country that allows this freedom! I don’t take it lightly!
Well-said, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today with this excellent old knife that unfortunately was shortened, maybe a Lambsfoot, with a magnificent stag, which has no mark and I think it was made in Sheffield!;):thumbsup:
... ...
Intriguing knife with glorious stag, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

There's an image I don't see every day! :D You're an artist, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today my bride of almost 60 years made us a Pineapple Upside Down Cake and of course I helped by only putting the cherries in place and putting a timer on .

Harry
Give a man a pineapple upside down cake and he's happy for a day.
Give a man a stag GEC #73 and he's happy for a lifetime!
Your daughter's photos are very cool, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Excellent photos, as usual, Harvey; that Silver Knight shot is incredible! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

No, r8shell, but the perspective in that picture is misleading. They aren't melon tester size. Here they are with some real melon/citrus/sausage testers:
gzPLmK2.jpg

The Wilson Sausage tester is 10 1/2" OAL. I toted the yellowish one today; it was a pleasure.

- Stuart
Amazing aggregation of "anorexic" knives, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Yesterday I was sitting on the front porch in shorts and a t-shirt. Today it snowed most of the morning. :confused: We got about 3.5” of snow, or just shy of one Bull Nose, if you prefer that unit of measurement. :D
FUdY7ED.jpg
That shouldn't happen in April, Barrett! :( (I know it DOES happen, and not infrequently, but it SHOULDN'T. :mad:) My daughter in Minneapolis was severely bummed out by the situation.

Miscellaneous knife for me this week is a Case sawcut 2-blade Barlow:
sawcutCV.mark.2open.shade.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is an Imperial USA clip/pen toothpick, one of my favorite knives since my Grandpa carried one just like it (thanks, Dave):
toothpick.dock1.jpg

Watch Pocket knife this week is a Rough Rider smooth tobacco bone canittler:
tbone.canittler.mark.3open.jpg

- GT

Back