What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks for the info, Vince :); I thought the bone looked like it might be the oak or walnut I think Opinel offers. I don't think I'd want an Opinel bigger than #8, and in fact I prefer #7 (and maybe even #6 for pocket carry).
I like the oak and the walnut too, but the olive wood is most attractive to me. But the beechwood is great--gives me a good purchase on the handle. Maybe it's the finish that helps.

Trapper today.

kJFFhIX.jpg

@5K Qs
Thanks GT, the unmodified one RR calls it the Tortuga Trapper. Just in case anyone wants to know,tortuga is spanish for tortoise. Each section of the concentric rings are concave, so from the side it gives it a finger groove kinda feel. One of the things I like about RR is their willingness to try interesting jigging patterns:thumbsup::thumbsup: I wish other makers would jump on board with the gunstock checkering actually o_O

@5K Qs
Thanks GT, the unmodified one RR calls it the Tortuga Trapper. Just in case anyone wants to know,tortuga is spanish for tortoise. Each section of the concentric rings are concave, so from the side it gives it a finger groove kinda feel. One of the things I like about RR is their willingness to try interesting jigging patterns:thumbsup::thumbsup: I wish other makers would jump on board with the gunstock checkering actually o_O
Actually Case made the Gunstock not too long ago with the Checkering that you are talking about . But they did not do as well as your knife David .

Harry

My friends, Venango County in PA will be released from a majority of C-19 virus restrictions beginning at midnight on 05/08/2020. Hopefully GEC will return to work soon after that.
If and when that happens please give the fine American craftsmen your full support. These are some of the most dedicated men and women you will ever meet.
Build American, Buy American, Hire American. God Bless the USA. Plan safety into everything you do.

Back