What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

oadBqjf.jpg
Very cool picture. :cool::thumbsup:

That's such a good looking knife. :cool::thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is keeping well, staying safe, and not going crazy! :rolleyes: Have a good weekend :thumbsup:

MKMYvqh.jpg

4MARC1K.jpg
Good morning Jack! A great photo of The Master Cutler and your Sambar Hartshead. :thumbsup: It’s especially nice to see the Abby Jack again. It’s such a great knife! Be safe my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Heading out into the backyard to start a job I’ve put off for months - painting my shop and adding some exterior storage cabinets - going to take more than a day or two! My twelfth straight Jackknife is this WW-II era Imperial EO (the one on the left with the gumfuddy handles). Still snappy and tight. Y’all have a great Saturday! OH
Imperial-Navy-Coast-Guard-EO-Jacks-WW-II.jpg

Thanks Gary; your Italian drove my urge for pizza tonight!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great international foursome today Gary; your Nieto is certainly "neat-ohh!" :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Glad my Google-translator Italian didn't make you lose your appetite, JJ. ;)
Thanks for your remarks. :)

I thought a couple of traditional single jacks, both wearing ebony, for today. :)
Supreme sable sylvan-sided slicers for Wooden Wednesday, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Awesome what a wide variety of knives in your collection, Gary!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Another Impressive variety of knives in your collection, especially with canoes, Gary!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm grateful for your kind comments, José. :) You also have impressive breadth to your collection, including that red stag Case mini trapper you posted! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quality quartet GT, your RR Canoe was my first RR, and my first Canoe. Very interesting Fight'n Rooster :cool: :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone is doing OK :) Carrying these three today :thumbsup:
I appreciate your canoe comments, Jack. :) So many canoes stick to the canonical pattern, so it's nice to occasionally find a rarity like the Fight'n Rooster, just bristling with extra blades! :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool:

These three made the cut this morning! ;) Y’all have a great day and be safe out there! :) :thumbsup:
That's a tidy timber trio, Ron; top choices! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Lovely bone on that Sowbelly !
Thanks, Steve; it's certainly one of the favorite examples of stag bone that I have! :)

Dandy triple play, Jeff (although I don't really know anything about fixed blades :rolleyes:)! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
What's the wood on the Camillus? Is that a TL-29 mod? If so, how do you like that single-blade version?

:D:thumbsup::D

Steve, I love the vintage bone knives you frequently post, but this pair of newer models are VERY appealing! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Here's the side by side with an unmodified RR trapper
These are my carries for today as well;)
Thanks for the comparison shot, David; certainly a case where a picture is worth a thousand words! ;):cool::cool: Interesting "thumbprint" covers on the trapper that's still a trapper.

Canal Street Cutlery Reclaimed American Chestnut Barlow and Case Camo Sowbelly stockman.

View attachment 1331010 View attachment 1331011
Interesting covers on that pair, Dean, especially the acrylic camo on the sowbelly! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Love the lithe Laguiole, Vince; good wood! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I've been giving the Lambfoot pattern knives a lot of attention lately so, I thought I'd give the Sheepfoot pattern some pocket time today. It's in the pocket for this Otter Messer.
Anchors aweigh, my boys! Substantial knife, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5BGSHil.jpg

My father’s Opinel I gifted him years ago. He always liked it because of it’s sharp blade. As you can see, he wasn’t afraid of patina. I recently darkened the handle.

He passed away about month ago. I think this knife reminds of him; humble yet sharp! He was a handyman who could fix anything and what he couldn’t he learned.
I still can’t believe he is gone..
My condolences for your dad's recent passing, A.L.; sounds like you have some wonderful memories of him. That Opinel is a marvelous memento; the handle looks kind of like snakewood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

JB Ebony SFO and a “triple chocolate cookie with walnuts.
7FA6AB8C-9C3A-45CC-9544-ADBF22B2B1F2_zpskaoqq6rm.jpeg

View attachment 1331050
Couple of superior knife, Harvey, but I'm having trouble focusing on anything but the food prop! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup: Is there such a thing as a "grail cookie"?? :rolleyes:

Had to catch a couple more shots in the later afternoon sun. I love ironwood.
8441-B766-3289-4-F2-A-B566-F6-C519-DCB2-FA-1-201-a.jpg

Magnificent ironwood, Joshua! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

An American jack for today, one of my favorites. :)
I can see why that's a favorite, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I really like the checkered bone, the double-threaded bolster, and the spear/pen combo.

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider half-whittler:
halfwhit.pile.main.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker with asta autentica covers that my daughter bought for me when she was in Spain:
joker.elle.dock.jpg

My Lambsfoot of the Week is an A. Wright & Son 2019 Guardians ironwood lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO that I named Valley Jack:
VJ.pile.Vback.wilcoxtree.jpg

- GT

Glad my Google-translator Italian didn't make you lose your appetite, JJ. ;)
Thanks for your remarks. :)

Supreme sable sylvan-sided slicers for Wooden Wednesday, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm grateful for your kind comments, José. :) You also have impressive breadth to your collection, including that red stag Case mini trapper you posted! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate your canoe comments, Jack. :) So many canoes stick to the canonical pattern, so it's nice to occasionally find a rarity like the Fight'n Rooster, just bristling with extra blades! :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool:

That's a tidy timber trio, Ron; top choices! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Steve; it's certainly one of the favorite examples of stag bone that I have! :)

Dandy triple play, Jeff (although I don't really know anything about fixed blades :rolleyes:)! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
What's the wood on the Camillus? Is that a TL-29 mod? If so, how do you like that single-blade version?

:D:thumbsup::D

Steve, I love the vintage bone knives you frequently post, but this pair of newer models are VERY appealing! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the comparison shot, David; certainly a case where a picture is worth a thousand words! ;):cool::cool: Interesting "thumbprint" covers on the trapper that's still a trapper.

Interesting covers on that pair, Dean, especially the acrylic camo on the sowbelly! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Love the lithe Laguiole, Vince; good wood! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Anchors aweigh, my boys! Substantial knife, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My condolences for your dad's recent passing, A.L.; sounds like you have some wonderful memories of him. That Opinel is a marvelous memento; the handle looks kind of like snakewood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Couple of superior knife, Harvey, but I'm having trouble focusing on anything but the food prop! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup: Is there such a thing as a "grail cookie"?? :rolleyes:

Magnificent ironwood, Joshua! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I can see why that's a favorite, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I really like the checkered bone, the double-threaded bolster, and the spear/pen combo.

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider half-whittler:
View attachment 1332615

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker with asta autentica covers that my daughter bought for me when she was in Spain:
View attachment 1332616

My Lambsfoot of the Week is an A. Wright & Son 2019 Guardians ironwood lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO that I named Valley Jack:
View attachment 1332617

- GT
Thank you, Gary!

- GT

Triple Play must be an arcane reference to a game from the murky past:(

Fixed blades are great for when you are using one hand to hold something, and only have one hand available to get your knife out.
This one used to be an old Nicholson file.:)

Yes, the single blade jack used to be a Camillus TL-29 ~ one of the final versions. I took it apart, removed the utility blade and it's spring and liners and reassembled it. The wood is Mexican Bocote.

It makes a nice little barehead jack. I call it my po' boy's GEC 15 Boy's Knife:rolleyes:

Thanks for your inquiry, my friend! Hope you're doing well.

Happy Saturday Everybody
My son and I have been taking Finger Football very seriously lately. :D
I guess you have.

The lambsfoot for a long time, then I've been running through the others. I had just about settled in on the Crosman linerlock, when I found the bob-nosed Schrade while looking for something else. I think that will be in my pocket for a while. I'm missing my jacket pockets these days.
u1OXlEo.jpg

Back