What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Very fine :cool: Was looking at a French website with articles about Laguioles and one of them had a Shell at the end of the spring rather than the usual insect mouche/abeille and it reminds me of the shield on this knife :thumbsup:
Do you think I can get royalties? Lol

QCIUHwA.jpg

View attachment 1345734

View attachment 1345738 View attachment 1345735

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone! Thanks to all who have given so much; from our earliest days right down to this current crisis.

Not exactly what you are accustomed to seeing from me, but, hey, it counts as traditional. I have wanted to check out one of these Pena titanium knives for quite a while, and I finally found a decent deal on one.

It is as well made as any knife I own; beautiful jigging, great blade swedges, and look at how the back spring fits in between the titanium handles! The action is snappy and extremely smooth. There might be a pivot bushing in there. I am not sure when Pena began using them. This one will see a lot of pocket time.
Spectacular!

Thank you kindly JJ, that's a wonderfully chunky pocketful of staggy goodness my friend :) :thumbsup:

My Hartshead Barlow is making me into a dull boy! :eek: :D Inspired by @cigarrodog , I thought I'd pair it with this Cognet Ecureuil :) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

q72dQhE.jpg

UH2mL9p.jpg
Thanks Jack, love your description!!!
Nice to see your French friend with your HHB pal; they're both striking the same "slicey" pose!:eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That ought to put a skip in your step....wow !!!
Thanks a lot Gev, it certainly has quite the gravitational pocket pull!;)
Love your wonderfully elegant Saynor; the stag covers are of absolute timeless beauty!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Fantastic looking five blader. Great pattern. Beautiful image.
Thank you very kindly, Harvey!!!
A. Wright Lamb Foot.
b22a5e0f-a654-4dcc-9075-3211c7805e5a-jpeg.1345554

Cognet Douk Douk “Tiki”
2e4c6109-75d2-4340-9d02-c605eb6629b8-jpeg.1345555
Fabulous stag on your lovely Sheffield cutter; your Tiki has quite the cool exotic feel, like an old Arthur Lyman record!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone's doing well. I've spent the last couple of weeks airing out and enjoying the more modern side of my collection. Got that out of the system, and back to the traditional drawer :)

so2pJcn.jpg

Glad you're back Mike ;) :thumbsup:

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Klaas autumn brown jigged bone mini canoe:
View attachment 1345846

Something about your Mini Canoe always fascinates me GT :cool: :thumbsup:

Impressive Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, love your description!!!
Nice to see your French friend with your HHB pal; they're both striking the same "slicey" pose!:eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heading into Sunday with a couple Imperial Scouts. :)

Thanks a lot JJ :D Splendid pair of Scouts my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, and that you all have a relaxing and peaceful Sunday :) One to use, and one to swoon over (thanks @Fodderwing ) :) :thumbsup:

Cwptwzm.jpg

ML5tylS.jpg

The GEC #48's are the most elegant Trappers. :cool::thumbsup:

Great picture, Taylor. :cool::thumbsup:

You look well prepared. ;)

One to use, and one to swoon over
Yes... But which one is which? ;)

Thank you for posting the beautiful Fall picture, reminding me of my favorite season. :cool::thumbsup:

He/She looks like a tough supervisor... you'd better be working hard. ;)

Back