What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Chopping vegetables for gumbo.
AsFBwV0.jpg

Last edited:
I’m carrying two from Sheffield this morning. I’ve got a William Rodgers Lambsfoot with Horn covers and a Southern & Richardson “Nest Knife” small pruner. It’s covered with Ebony or really densely color Rosewood, I’m still undecided on that detail! Have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

50040184701_215645758c_o_d.jpg

Thanks Jack!!!
A very lovely pair of totes for you today; super cool covers, especially the stag!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fabulous pairing of wonderful Barlows; perfect right sided pocket stowage, too!;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a couple of whittlers for Wednesday, one wearing wood. :)

Many thanks JJ, handsome Wooden Wednesday pairing :) :thumbsup:

Great Barlow duet there Jack! It’s always good to see one of Barry’s UNXLD SFOs in use. It is an excellent watch pocket knife! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks pal :) I forget how large the run was, but I'm surprised that we don't see more of Barry's little Barlows :thumbsup:

I’m carrying two from Sheffield this morning. I’ve got a William Rodgers Lambsfoot with Horn covers and a Southern & Richardson “Nest Knife” small pruner. It’s covered with Ebony or really densely color Rosewood, I’m still undecided on that detail! Have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

50040184701_215645758c_o_d.jpg

Stunning Sheffielders Ron :) Interesting Southern & Richardson, they put 'Nest Knife' on a lot of their blades, irrespective of pattern. I remember going to their old factory, when it was still operating, to get something done. It is still standing today (I have other photos I'll try and remember to edit in later when I find them!) :thumbsup:

Dz1eciK.jpg

As is this other old factory of theirs :thumbsup:

4SiBNbl.jpg

p1Vhr2d.jpg

Excellent little Barlow, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Happy Wednesday Everybody.
My usual Lambsfoot, this time in Ebony.
Along with a NF Barlow in Blackwood for Wooden Wednesday.

Thank you John, those two look fantastic together :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) I forget how large the run was, but I'm surprised that we don't see more of Barry's little Barlows :thumbsup:

Stunning Sheffielders Ron :) Interesting Southern & Richardson, they put 'Nest Knife' on a lot of their blades, irrespective of pattern. I remember going to their old factory, when it was still operating, to get something done. It is still standing today (I have other photos I'll try and remember to edit in later when I find them!) :thumbsup:

Dz1eciK.jpg

As is this other old factory of theirs :thumbsup:

4SiBNbl.jpg

p1Vhr2d.jpg
Thanks for the info Jack. Any additional would be appreciated my friend. I am not normally a pruner collector, but this one just spoke to me. I know we don't discuss cost here and that's good, because I would be embarrassed to say how little I gave for this one! ;) I was able to find some interesting info on the company here! I thought it very interesting about their contributions to the war effort and how many of their employees were KIA! I posted a bunch more photos in the "Prune Big or Go Home" thread. Thanks again pal! :) :thumbsup:

Eleanor and I spent some time outside today with her fishing rod so she could learn how to cast. It took a little while, but she‘s starting to get the hang of it.

S0YU1RL.jpg
Good on you, Barrett! I'm hoping to get my 4 year old Grandson out on the stream soon. Need to start them early!
Caught this little Brown Trout on a Mepps spinner the other day. He'll be more wary next time he sees one.
72mAZ2Q.jpg

Back