What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Have a blessed day!

Rarely posted but carried extensively View attachment 1364441
Just in case I need to punch something today. Have a blessed Wednesday!

I'll declare this Alox Appreciation Day. ;)
Dazzling knives due to their dependability! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black SFO Lambsfoot as usual.
Also a "Queen" Bear and Son Mini Trapper in black Delrin for Trapper Tuesday.
Excellent pair, John; good to see you carrying that "Queen reboot"! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Gary! It’s always very special to me when those knives are together.
:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carrying this old Schrade barlow today...

RtQCIp0.jpg
I always enjoy seeing selections from your stock of vintage Barlows, Wayne! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today in my pocket with Weidmannsheil in buffalo horn.;):thumbsup:
... ...
Notable pair of knives, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT.
I always wondered where they all went.
You must have to socially distance yourself from metal detectors. :D
I used to carry them all on my person, but sitting on a wallet full of knives in my left rear pocket didn't do my back any good, and when I used to visit student teachers in local schools, it was a hassle unloading all my pockets before entering a school! :rolleyes: Now I carry many of them in my backpack or in a fannypack that hangs on the arm of my chair when I get to my office.

Thank you sir! Gotta love this age: 9,9,7 & 6.

And may I say, I am truly inspired to try out the “double knife in a slip behind the suspenders” carry method. I love it!!!
To get the vertical orientation behind the suspender, your sheath will have to be capable of horizontal carry on a belt. I have 3 pairs of suspenders that I alternate. Two of them are 1.5" wide and the sheath fits nicely, but one is 2" wide and the sheath "loop" is too narrow to fit.
(I actually have 2 sheaths, as shown in that pic I posted previously, so I'll often have a total of 4 knives hidden behind the narrow suspenders. :rolleyes:)

Thank you. The handle on the sowbelly is giraffe bone. Organically raised & harvested just a little bit North of me in Bradford, PA.:)
No, really it wasn't.
Thanks for the info. :)

Went stainless the past couple of days. Blackbone RR pair yesterday and white bone RR with Blackwood Boker Magnum today.View attachment 1364870View attachment 1364871
I have a lot of RR knives, but none in the jigged black bone; your sowbelly and copperhead look great! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I always enjoy seeing that Taramundi, GT. :thumbsup: While I was looking at it this time, I thought, “That blade reminds me a bit of the Stephane Thomachot that @Âchillepattada recently gifted me,” then I realized that you had posted it in response to Vince’s Thomachot! :D
Thanks, Barrett. :) We obviously had similar (but kind of reversed :rolleyes:) thoughts.

I know full well that I have been very fortunate to find and get the exact ones that I have . I also know that the Most Beautiful Ones are the ones that are in my hands .
I admire your healthy perspective, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I stop for Alox. Especially like yours.
Thanks, Harvey. :) Alox Pox is as infectious as COVID-19, but fortunately not nearly as deadly.

View attachment 1365059

“I’ve been working on the Railroad.”
View attachment 1365060
Impressive pair, harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That spike knife is a new type for me!

That seems very odd Gary :confused:
Nice line-up :) :thumbsup:
I assume that asymmetric construction on the canoe is to create space and minimize blade crinking.
Thanks for the approving comment. :)

Hope everyone's week is going well :) Carrying my Hartshead Barlow again today, together with one of Barry @gunstockjack 's Watchpocket Barlows :) :thumbsup:
Notable pair of Barlows, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I don't recall Barry posting on The Porch for quite some time.

I was always curious how you toted your foursome along with their pals; you certainly have it down to a very cool science!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Gary!!!
You certainly have pockets full of goodness!!!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ. :)

Toting a couple of whittlers for Wednesday, one wearing wood. :)
I'm quite a fan of Osage Orange covers, but in your pair of wondrous whittlers, I think I prefer the Robeson. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I’m carrying two from Sheffield this morning. I’ve got a William Rodgers Lambsfoot with Horn covers and a Southern & Richardson “Nest Knife” small pruner. It’s covered with Ebony or really densely color Rosewood, I’m still undecided on that detail! Have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

50040184701_215645758c_o_d.jpg
Quite a rare pair, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Happy Wednesday Everybody.
My usual Lambsfoot, this time in Ebony.
Along with a NF Barlow in Blackwood for Wooden Wednesday.
Outstanding wood duo, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

The piano sonata continues! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

John, the 2 SAKs are always in my left front pocket, the Minichamp suspended from the pocket edge by the little clip it's attached to, and the Solo standing up, thanks to the safety pin trick. The Sodbuster Jr and the scrimshawed Rough Rider stockman share a nylon slip (front left in pic that follows) that is either in an outside pocket of my backpack, or vertically behind one of my suspender straps.
View attachment 1364685

Striking blue, Dean, and a cool pin! :cool:;):cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary! Impressive loadout that you carry. I imagine you are prepared for almost all contingencies.

Alox Knife of the Week is a red Vic Cadet:
View attachment 1364847

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a red Vic Huntsman:
View attachment 1364848

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a red Imperial BSA scout (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1364849

International Knife of the Week is a John Watts ring-opener (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 1364851

- GT

Nice looking Cadet, Gary. Red Alox always looks good IMHO. :thumbsup:

Carrying a few old barlows this week for the pure satisfaction of it. Along with a non-traditional in the other pocket in case I have to cut something serious...

rfKf1wd.jpg

Gorgeous Barlow, Wayne. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I've never seen that Barlow stamp before.

Toting a couple of whittlers for Wednesday, one wearing wood. :)
Thank you JJ. I’m already on record as loving that Osage 29. The Robeson whittler is pretty special, too. Fine image.

Thanks a lot Harvey, two great pics there my friend, and what a cool-looking railroad spike knife :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack.

Hope everyone's week is going well :) Carrying my Hartshead Barlow again today, together with one of Barry @gunstockjack 's Watchpocket Barlows :) :thumbsup:
Nice Barlow pair. What a sweet watch pocket Barlow.

I remember going to their old factory
Always appreciate you illustrating your post with vintage images.

Impressive pair, harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That spike knife is a new type for me!
Thank you kindly GT.

Back