What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

These again
emM38Qy.jpg

plus
RWc1QqL.jpg

Somebody carried it so long the fancy-pantserie on the liner is almost worn off.
8NWO0JF.jpg

bJK3E7s.jpg

MXqLqii.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen that Case shield with a single X, Jeff!!:eek:
What year is that trapper from please??o_O
I did not know, Charlie. No dots or little x’s. I put “case 7254 ss trapper with serrated blade” into the search engine, and found an ad for one from AAPK listing it as a 2000 production.
Using a magnifying glass, you can see two x’s on the main tang.

It’s a satisfyingly competent knife for using. Today at the farm, I used the clip for trimming up some produce for bundling, and the serrated spey works wonders on cutting twine- I was dismantling my pea trellises.

A couple of Rare Camillus knives today. :thumbsup:

Trapper with a fourline stamp on the main and a three line on the pen. A #71 Cattle knife with punch. This is the only one I've come across since I started collecting.

DoPpEiK.jpg

0SAaPJK.jpg

hv3BDFD.jpg

OdorZSQ.jpg

jH5uWcx.jpg
Nice to see the trapper again! I am impatiently waiting for a Schrade 294. USPS tracking says it left San Antonio on 8/22, and no further updates:rolleyes:

Would it be safe to say yours is about the same as a 294?
I have a SC503 Scrimshaw on which the seller artfully concealed grinder gouges and a bent blade. No wonder it was cheap:mad: I also have a couple of 293 springs and some Schrade blades. I’m thinking of cobbling together a big spear main with a stockman sheepfoot in the Scrimshaw frame.
Anyway, that’s a sweet Cami!
Impossible choice !

50305497162_ef8ab2b69e_c.jpg

Â
All would be mighty fine, but that 48(?) on the top right would be in my pocket.:D

Sweet bones, Steve.:thumbsup:

Thanks !

Nice to see the trapper again! I am impatiently waiting for a Schrade 294. USPS tracking says it left San Antonio on 8/22, and no further updates:rolleyes:

Would it be safe to say yours is about the same as a 294?
I have a SC503 Scrimshaw on which the seller artfully concealed grinder gouges and a bent blade. No wonder it was cheap:mad: I also have a couple of 293 springs and some Schrade blades. I’m thinking of cobbling together a big spear main with a stockman sheepfoot in the Scrimshaw frame.
Anyway, that’s a sweet Cami!

Thanks buddy, yes it seems like it's pretty close to the 294

A six pack of gems there. The yellow rose really strikes my fancy, in that pattern especially. :thumbsup:

I carried only one again today, a DFC Queen 4L in ebony. A bit of a dud with blade wobble and weak springs but other than that I like the pattern.:D

View attachment 1412086

Thank you. It truly is a great pattern.

That's a beauty you got there :thumbsup:. All the aforementioned just adds to its character ;).

Back