What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

p3ruydv.jpg

BIG DAY PLANNED!!!:eek: I'm going to sit on our front porch in a little while for a while and then at 4:00PM (1600), I'm going to drive a mile and a half up to our roadside mailbox to get our mail. Anything cold happen on the mail run - frenzied squirrel, bump in the road, on-coming manical driver,:rolleyes:wandering cow, you name it - so, I'm carrying my Case 4 5/8" Large Sod Buster for aid and comfort and peace of mind.

THEr6Rb.jpg

Is that a modified sod buster? I like the proportions!
BIG DAY PLANNED!!!:eek: I'm going to sit on our front porch in a little while for a while and then at 4:00PM (1600), I'm going to drive a mile and a half up to our roadside mailbox to get our mail. Anything cold happen on the mail run - frenzied squirrel, bump in the road, on-coming manical driver,:rolleyes:wandering cow, you name it - so, I'm carrying my Case Large Sod Buster for aid and comfort and peace of mind.

:D I sometimes take my knife decisions way more seriously than the day warrants.

OeTqQOA.jpg

my wife took me on my surprise hike for Fathers Day today (it was too hot on the actual Fathers Day). Instead of the #15 I’ve been carrying all week I went radically different- #93 Ramsfoot. You’ll see it pictured here on the worlds first electrically powered water fountain. Suburban Park, Farmington CT. Used it to clean up the ends and handle of a walking stick my Toddler picked up.

I think it's the round bolsters that don't look right on a Barlow.

That’s fair, although I do think there’s some traditional precedent for Barlows with rounded bolsters. Charlie posted a bunch in the Spear-Carriers thread recently. :thumbsup:

I'm not generally a big fan of barlows in general (despite having and carrying my 77 lately). I think it has to do with me preferring more handle and less bolster. Same reason I prefer no shields. Oddly, the biggest exception I can think of is the rounded barlow bolsters on the 25s. I think it fits somehow perfectly with the size and shape of the knife as a whole. Go figure! :D

Round, square… I like ‘em all! :D

My carry for today and tomorrow, Case 63087. OH
Case-63087-Medium-Stockman-1987.jpg

That’s a beauty! :thumbsup:

There‘s not much you couldn’t accomplish with those two in your pocket. :cool: :thumbsup:

My Fall Apple Knife, a 2016 #77 Barlow and a really nice Schrade Walden Florist/Grafting knife with French Ivory covers. The Schrade Walden was a "bargain buy" off the bay and is a very SOLID knife with thick brass liners and now a Razor sharp blade with ZERO blade play:cool::cool::cool:
XY5YFv.jpg

Handsome pair of working knives there, Paul! :thumbsup:

Thanks Harry, the 77 is such a great Barlow and the blade length just works for the great apples coming off the trees this time of year. That grafting knife is just a fantastic knife not only for its intended purpose but all things utilitarian :thumbsup: I have the same exact knife in black composite covers but the French Ivory covers are much nicer:)
Be well and greet Nanc:thumbsup:

I agree with you on the grafting knife, Paul. Something very handy about a small straight edge in a slim but full length handle. I like a sheepsfoot/Lambsfoot/wharncliffe as much as the next guy, but I feel like when I carry one I only use the very tip of the blade about 95% of the time.

Love that big spearpoint! :thumbsup:

Old photos, but I’ve got these two with me today.

gHGzNZG.jpg

fQqVIcn.jpg

BIG DAY PLANNED!!!:eek: I'm going to sit on our front porch in a little while for a while and then at 4:00PM (1600), I'm going to drive a mile and a half up to our roadside mailbox to get our mail. Anything cold happen on the mail run - frenzied squirrel, bump in the road, on-coming manical driver,:rolleyes:wandering cow, you name it - so, I'm carrying my Case 4 5/8" Large Sod Buster for aid and comfort and peace of mind.

THEr6Rb.jpg
Hope you made it back from your dangerous mission! We’d sure miss you on the porch. OH

Back