What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The little Case 6308 Whittler is back in my pocket for the day. OH
Case-6308-Whittler-1983.jpg

Last day of vacation. I need to make sure it goes in my checked bag before I board the plane....

72-DDA90-B-0183-49-F3-BBE0-338-C8-A9-B07-D6.jpg
Hope you had a good trip and friendly relations with TSA! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Two Craftsmen today.

Impressive pair, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That Sears scout is making me break the 10th Commandment. :rolleyes:

Well, I cheat a little by having other knives in packs and vehicles. :D
Sounds similar to plans I had during stop-smoking challenges in years gone by! ;)

Fabulous canoes, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, José. :)

Thanks! I agree - I think Boker did a very nice job on the castle wood editions.
:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks. I think it's a pocket worn burnt brown, or something along those lines.
Thanks for the follow-up info; it's sure a good-looking knife. :)

Sweet Swayback Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You're right Gary! :D :thumbsup:

Admirable companions my friend :) :thumbsup:
That's a more attractive middle name than Arthur buddy! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
To me, Arthur seems a more regal middle name than does Eclectic. ;)

That wouldn't be the worst thing in 2020 ;)

I've really been enjoying the 29. Now we have another reason to dread the coming winter. :p
I'll bet that punch on the 29 could wreak havoc on the coronavirus, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Attractive shot of your stag HHB, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Excellent threesome Gary; your classic Keen Kutter is a very cool old slicer!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate your comment, JJ. :)

Gary, your Rough Rider stag sowbelly is the cat's meow. :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Thanks, Dean. :)
I always admire the pen blade on the Texas Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ulster Jack and a Camillus Stockman

yuLpddj.jpg
Venerable vintage pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1422083 View attachment 1422084

I earlier posted a barely traditional Enrique Pena knife. Now I am going to the other extreme. Nothing can be more traditional than a vintage pretty bone Case Copperhead. I love totin’ this one. The ergonomics are so nice!
Splendid old Case, LT! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Compelling canoe!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

YES! That’s of whom I spake.
Thank you very much, my resourceful mathamagician friend!

I’d ask how you found it, but it probably involves a complicated process using slide rules and dividing by zero.

I will send a PM to the gentleman, @Ripcord 82, and make the offer of one of my TL-29s, but it looks like he hasn’t visited in about 5 months.
Thanks again, GT!
Glad that's who you were looking for, Jeff, and I'm happy to assist in a small way with your generosity! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I just searched this thread for "armed forces TL-29" and your post replying to Ripcord 82 came up, and then I could find his post easily. (No division by ANY number required! :rolleyes:)

My brother gifted me this Opinel #8 yesterday, as he's seen me eyeballing it the last couple weeks. I'd never handled one before he showed me this one and now i see what I was missing. It's a great knife and carries much smaller than it appears! It will View attachment 1422418 be riding along with the 72 today
Congrats on the new Opinel! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I was shocked to see some Fall colors yesterday; it's only August! Well, mid-September, late September. Anyway, it put me in mind of this reddish Case.
2UIocP1.jpg
On my daily walks, I've been crunching through plenty of fallen sycamore leaves for a month already!
Fine fall foursome in your photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for posting the informative links, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like some nice old worn stag.

Something old made for Hoffritz and something new by RRView attachment 1422437
Thanks, Alan; no idea how old that Mohawk canoe is (I think I knew once, but didn't write it down :().
Love the brass dogs knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I don’t care what they told you that comb is for. I think it would work fine for getting ticks and cockleburrs out of Manny’s fur.View attachment 1422442

Today’s pair are a couple of Pal Blade Co WWII veterans, a TL-29, and Jack, Navy Utility.View attachment 1422445View attachment 1422446 and since I was pocketing Pals, I thought I’d put my only other Pal on my belt.View attachment 1422447
I'm not convinced Manny agrees with you on how fine the comb would work! :eek:
That Navy Utility Jack is heartwarming! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Hope you have a great visit with your family, Jeff! :)

Yankees? That's baseball, right? :D

Awesome... you can say that again. ;):thumbsup:

Riding with Billy the Kid. :cool:
Thanks for the replies, John. :)
Yankees are indeed baseball; Alan joeradza joeradza can probably wax eloquent for you about their recent hot streak. ;)

Alox of the Week for me is a black Pioneer:
blk.pioneer.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Explorer:
explorer.top.open.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Impressive pair, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That Sears scout is making me break the 10th Commandment. :rolleyes:

Sounds similar to plans I had during stop-smoking challenges in years gone by! ;)

Thanks, José. :)

:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the follow-up info; it's sure a good-looking knife. :)

Sweet Swayback Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'll bet that punch on the 29 could wreak havoc on the coronavirus, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Attractive shot of your stag HHB, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I appreciate your comment, JJ. :)

Thanks, Dean. :)
I always admire the pen blade on the Texas Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Venerable vintage pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Splendid old Case, LT! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Compelling canoe!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Glad that's who you were looking for, Jeff, and I'm happy to assist in a small way with your generosity! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I just searched this thread for "armed forces TL-29" and your post replying to Ripcord 82 came up, and then I could find his post easily. (No division by ANY number required! :rolleyes:)

Congrats on the new Opinel! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

On my daily walks, I've been crunching through plenty of fallen sycamore leaves for a month already!
Fine fall foursome in your photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for posting the informative links, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Alan; no idea how old that Mohawk canoe is (I think I knew once, but didn't write it down :().
Love the brass dogs knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm not convinced Manny agrees with you on how fine the comb would work! :eek:
That Navy Utility Jack is heartwarming! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Hope you have a great visit with your family, Jeff! :)

Thanks for the replies, John. :)
Yankees are indeed baseball; Alan joeradza joeradza can probably wax eloquent for you about their recent hot streak. ;)

View attachment 1423834

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Explorer:
View attachment 1423835

- GT

Don’t do it GT! That SAK Pioneer you have will do just fine :D. That’s one of my favorite knives. Thanks, as always, for the kind words!

Nice classic pen knife and radio, Vince. :cool::thumbsup:

The Scout is beautiful. :cool::thumbsup:

What a great little pen knife. :cool::thumbsup:

Great picture, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice pairing, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:
I'd open up my wallet for another run of #77s.

Right? I end up making new ones all the time. ;)
Thanks John, it's a favorite of mine, I love your Gunstock (76)? I know there's a story behind it in regards to being recovered but can't remember the details:oops:

Wright’s special large Ebony Lambsfoot (Thanks Jack) and a Northfield #77 Kingwood Yankee Jack for me today. :) :thumbsup:

50371225487_3fa67818aa_o_d.jpg

Nice pairing Ron :) :thumbsup:

Looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Brent Cramer LC Jr. today. Another segue into fall.
8G3zIqu.jpg

Stellar knife Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

Looks like you've got the same problem as me Bill ;) :D :thumbsup:

Great picture, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, I love that Doc Oc background! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1423834

Thank you GT, I suspect there are times my parents wished they'd picked 'Trouble' instead :rolleyes: I always enjoy seeing your black Pioneer, it's a very elegant-looking SAK :cool: :thumbsup:

I know there's a story behind it in regards to being recovered but can't remember the details:oops:
The #76 is special to me, maybe my favorite knife of all of them. On vacation, my kids went exploring a little coastal town and all their shops. They came back excited because they found me a knife store. We went down to the store and I was excited to see a small collection of GEC knives, all at retail prices. My boys helped me pick out the one we liked the best, so it's my first brick-n-mortar purchase and the first knife my boys picked out for me. It came with acrylic handle covers, so I sent it to Glenn for a re-cover in ebony and a new shield. The sword shield reminds me of my boys because (like me) they love fantasy novels. So this knife reminds me of my boys like no other can. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to hunt down another Old Timer Trapper. :cool::thumbsup:
Happy to help, John!:cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs ~
Thanks again. Unfortunately he doesn’t seem to be active on BF now, and the system will not allow a PM. Hope he’s ok and sees this thread!
I appreciate your wishes regarding the grandchilluns coming! We haven’t seen the girls since we drove out there last Halloween:(

Btw, the 10th covers wives and oxen, but it doesn’t mention knives, does it?

Back